EU Banks Rating Assignments: Is There Heterogeneity between New and Old Member Countries?
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
- Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Roman Matousek & Chris Stewart, 2010. "EU Banks Rating Assignments: Is there Heterogeneity between New and Old Member Countries?," CESifo Working Paper Series 3074, CESifo Group Munich.
- Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Roman Matousek & Chris Stewart, 2010. "EU Banks Rating Assignments: Is there Heterogeneity between New and Old Member Countries?," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1009, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
References listed on IDEAS
- Feng, D. & Gourieroux, C. & Jasiak, J., 2008.
"The ordered qualitative model for credit rating transitions,"
Journal of Empirical Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 111-130, January.
- Joan Jasiak & D. Feng & C. Gourieroux, 2006. "The Ordered Qualitative Model For Credit Rating Transitions," Working Papers 2006_2, York University, Department of Economics.
- Grunert, Jens & Norden, Lars & Weber, Martin, 2005.
"The role of non-financial factors in internal credit ratings,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 509-531, February.
- Grunert, Jens & Norden, Lars & Weber, Martin, 2002. "The Role of Non-financial Factors in Internal Credit Ratings," CEPR Discussion Papers 3415, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Altman, Edward I. & Rijken, Herbert A., 2004. "How rating agencies achieve rating stability," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(11), pages 2679-2714, November.
- Caporale, Guglielmo Maria & Matousek, Roman & Stewart, Chris, 2012.
"Ratings assignments: Lessons from international banks,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 1593-1606.
- Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Roman Matousek & Chris Stewart, 2009. "Rating Assignments: Lessons from International Banks," CESifo Working Paper Series 2618, CESifo Group Munich.
- Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Roman Matousek & Chris Stewart, 2009. "Rating Assignments: Lessons from International Banks," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 868, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- David F. Hendry & Carlos Santos, 2005.
"Regression Models with Data-based Indicator Variables,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 67(5), pages 571-595, October.
- David F. Hendry & Carlos Santos, 2004. "Regression Models with Data-based Indicator Variables," Economics Papers 2004-W04, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- David F. Hendry & Carlos Santos, 2004. "Regression Models with Data-based Indicator Variables," Economics Papers 2004-W13, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Amato, Jeffery D. & Furfine, Craig H., 2004. "Are credit ratings procyclical?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(11), pages 2641-2677, November.
- Manzoni, Katiuscia, 2004. "Modeling Eurobond credit ratings and forecasting downgrade probability," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 277-300.
- Meyer, Paul A & Pifer, Howard W, 1970. "Prediction of Bank Failures," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 25(4), pages 853-868, September.
- Carmen M. Reinhart, 2002.
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 16(2), pages 149-150, August.
- Reinhart, Carmen, 2002. "Sovereign Credit Ratings Before and After Financial Crises," MPRA Paper 7410, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Levich, Richard & Majoni, Giovanni, 2002. "Ratings, rating agencies and the global financial system: Summary and policy implications," MPRA Paper 13249, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Reinhart, Carmen, 2002. "Financial crises, credit ratings, and bank failures: An introduction," MPRA Paper 13247, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:bla:joares:v:18:y:1980:i:1:p:109-131 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kolari, James & Glennon, Dennis & Shin, Hwan & Caputo, Michele, 2002. "Predicting large US commercial bank failures," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 54(4), pages 361-387.
- James Kolari & Michele Caputo & Drew Wagner, 1996. "Trait Recognition: An Alternative Approach to Early Warning Systems in Commercial Banking," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 23(9-10), pages 1415-1434, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Vincenzo D’Apice & Giovanni Ferri & Punziana Lacitignola, 2016. "Rating Performance and Bank Business Models: Is There a Change with the 2007–2009 Crisis?," Italian Economic Journal: A Continuation of Rivista Italiana degli Economisti and Giornale degli Economisti, Springer;Società Italiana degli Economisti (Italian Economic Association), vol. 2(3), pages 385-420, November.
- Salvador, Carlos & Pastor, Jose Manuel & Fernández de Guevara, Juan, 2014.
"Impact of the subprime crisis on bank ratings: The effect of the hardening of rating policies and worsening of solvency,"
Journal of Financial Stability,
Elsevier, vol. 11(C), pages 13-31.
- Pastor Monsálvez José Manuel & Fernández de Guevara Radoselovics Juan & Salvador Muñoz Carlos, 2012. "Impact of the Subprime Crisis on Bank Ratings: The Effect of the Hardening of Rating Policies and Worsening of Solvency," Working Papers 2012120, Fundacion BBVA / BBVA Foundation.
- Alexander Karminsky & Richard Hainsworth & Vasily Solodkov, 2013. "Arm’s Length Method for Comparing Rating Scales," Eurasian Economic Review, Springer;Eurasia Business and Economics Society, vol. 3(2), pages 114-135, December.
- Indermit S Gill & Naotaka Sugawara & Juan Zalduendo, 2014. "The Center Still Holds: Financial Integration in the Euro Area," Comparative Economic Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Association for Comparative Economic Studies, vol. 56(3), pages 351-375, September.
- Ozturk, Huseyin & Namli, Ersin & Erdal, Halil Ibrahim, 2016. "Modelling sovereign credit ratings: The accuracy of models in a heterogeneous sample," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 469-478.
- Themistokles Lazarides & Evaggelos Drimpetas, 2016. "Defining the factors of Fitch rankings in the European banking sector," Eurasian Economic Review, Springer;Eurasia Business and Economics Society, vol. 6(2), pages 315-339, August.
- Volkova, Olga & Lvova, Irina, 2016. "Effect of financial indicators on international ratings of russian banks," Economic Policy, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration, vol. 1, pages 177-195, February.
- Shen, Chung-Hua & Huang, Yu-Li & Hasan, Iftekhar, 2012. "Asymmetric benchmarking in bank credit rating," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 171-193.
More about this item
- C25 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Discrete Regression and Qualitative Choice Models; Discrete Regressors; Proportions; Probabilities
- C51 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Construction and Estimation
- C52 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Evaluation, Validation, and Selection
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:reviec:v:19:y:2011:i:1:p:189-206. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0965-7576 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.