Fiscal Theory of Price Level: A Panel Data Analysis for selected Saarc Countries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Yannick Lucotte, 2009. "Central Bank Independence and Budget Deficits in Developing Countries: New Evidence from Panel Data Analysis," Post-Print halshs-00447398, HAL.
- Ayca Tekin-Koru & Erdal Ozmen, 2003. "Budget deficits, money growth and inflation: the Turkish evidence," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(5), pages 591-596.
- Marco Terrones & Luis Catão, 2001. "Fiscal Deficits and Inflation; A New Look at the Emerging Market Evidence," IMF Working Papers 01/74, International Monetary Fund.
- Bencivenga, Valerie R & Smith, Bruce D, 1992.
"Deficits, Inflation, and the Banking System in Developing Countries: The Optimal Degree of Financial Repression,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 44(4), pages 767-790, October.
- Bencivenga, V.R. & Smith, B.D., 1990. "Deficits, Inflation, And The Banking System In Developing Countries: The Optimal Degree Of Financial Repression," RCER Working Papers 214, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Thomas J. Sargent & Neil Wallace, 1981. "Some unpleasant monetarist arithmetic," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Fall.
- Hausman, Jerry, 2015.
"Specification tests in econometrics,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", pages 112-134.
- Carlo A. Favero & Francesco Giavazzi, 2004. "Inflation Targeting and Debt: Lessons from Brazil," NBER Working Papers 10390, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alessandro Piergallini, 2006. "Fiscal Deficits, Taylor Rules, and Price Dynamics," Atlantic Economic Journal, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 34(4), pages 395-403, December.
- Kalbe Abbas & Tariq Mahmood, 1994. "Fiscal Effects of Monetary Seigniorage: A Case Study of Pakistan," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 33(4), pages 1113-1119.
- S. Adnan & H.A.S. BUKHARI & Safdar Ullah KHAN, 2008.
"Does Volatility In Government Borrowing Leads To Higher Inflation? Evidence From Pakistan,"
Journal of Applied Economic Sciences,
Spiru Haret University, Faculty of Financial Management and Accounting Craiova, vol. 3(3(5)_Fall), pages 187-202.
- Haider, Adnan & Khan, Safdar Ullah, 2007. "Does Volatility in Government Borrowing Leads to Higher Inflation? Evidence from Pakistan," MPRA Paper 17008, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Attiya Y. Javid & Umaima Arif & Abdul Sattar, 2008. "Testing the Fiscal Theory of Price Level in Case of Pakistan," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 47(4), pages 763-778.
- Chhibber, Ajay & Cottani, Joaquin & Firuzabadi, Reza & Walton, Michael, 1989. "Inflation, price controls, and fiscal adjustment in Zimbabwe," Policy Research Working Paper Series 192, The World Bank.
- Chryssi Giannitsarou & Andrew Scott, 2008.
"Inflation Implications of Rising Government Debt,"
NBER Chapters,in: NBER International Seminar on Macroeconomics 2006, pages 393-442
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chryssi Giannitsarou & Andrew Scott, 2006. "Inflation Implications of Rising Government Debt," NBER Working Papers 12654, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Giannitsarou, Chryssi & Scott, Andrew, 2006. "Inflation Implications of Rising Government Debt," CEPR Discussion Papers 5961, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Bloise, Gaetano, 2005. "A remark on the fiscal theory of price determination," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(8), pages 1037-1052, December.
- Abbas Alavirad & Sanhita Athawale, 2005. "The impact of the budget deficit on inflation in the Islamic Republic of Iran," OPEC Energy Review, Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries, vol. 29(1), pages 37-49, March.
- Matthew B. Canzoneri & Robert E. Cumby & Behzad T. Diba, 2001.
"Is the Price Level Determined by the Needs of Fiscal Solvency?,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, pages 1221-1238.
- Matthew B. Canzoneri & Robert E. Cumby & Behzad T. Diba, 1998. "Is the Price Level Determined by the Needs of Fiscal Solvency?," NBER Working Papers 6471, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Canzoneri, Matthew B & Cumby, Robert & Diba, Behzad, 1998. "Is the Price Level Determined by the Needs of Fiscal Solvency?," CEPR Discussion Papers 1772, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Hasan Ersel & Fatih Ãzatay, 2008. "Fiscal Dominance and Inflation Targeting: Lessons from Turkey," Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(6), pages 38-51, November.
- Backé, Peter, 2004. "Fiscal policy and inflation volatility," Working Paper Series 317, European Central Bank.
- Mohammad Aslam Chaudhary & Shahid Waseem Anjum, 1996. "Macroeconomic Policies and Management of Debt, Deficit, and Inflation in Pakistan," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 35(4), pages 773-786.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jalil, Abdul & Tariq, Rabbia & Bibi, Nazia, 2014. "Fiscal deficit and inflation: New evidences from Pakistan using a bounds testing approach," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 120-126.
More about this item
Keywordsbudget deficit; price level; trade openness; gross domestic product per capita; panel data; SAARC countries;
- E31 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Price Level; Inflation; Deflation
- E62 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Fiscal Policy
- H62 - Public Economics - - National Budget, Deficit, and Debt - - - Deficit; Surplus
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rjr:romjef:v::y:2012:i:3:p:152-170. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Corina Saman). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ipacaro.html .