Globalisation and convergence of the agro-food systems of the industrial economies
In this paper empirical analysis is made of the long-term evolution of the world agro-food systems. Subsequent to comparative-historical analysis of the long-term trajectories, the hypothesis of “club convergence” in the structural features of the advanced economies’ agricultural systems is formally tested by means of some standard convergence analysis techniques. This process, where contrasted with the absence of convergence in the structural features of all other countries, highlights the progressive differentiation of the “club” of the advanced economies from the rest of the world’s agro-food systems.
Volume (Year): (2007)
Issue (Month): 2 (May)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Via Silvio d'Amico 77, - 00145 Rome Italy|
Phone: +39 06 57114743
Fax: +39 06 57114774
Web page: http://host.uniroma3.it/associazioni/rossidoria/qa.asp
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lilyan E. Fulginiti & Richard K. Perrin, 2005.
"LDC Agriculture: Non-parametric Malmquist productivity indexes,"
Development and Comp Systems
- Fulginiti, Lilyan E. & Perrin, Richard K., 1997. "LDC agriculture: Nonparametric Malmquist productivity indexes," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(2), pages 373-390, August.
- Yair Mundlak, 2001. "Explaining Economic Growth," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 83(5), pages 1154-1167.
- Bruce L. Gardner, 2005.
"Causes of rural economic development,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 32(s1), pages 21-41, 01.
- V. Ball & Jean-Christophe Bureau & Jean-Pierre Butault & Richard Nehring, 2001. "Levels of Farm Sector Productivity: An International Comparison," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 15(1), pages 5-29, January.
- Diaz-Bonilla, Eugenio & Thomas, Marcelle & Robinson, Sherman & Cattaneo, Andrea, 2000. "Food security and trade negotiations in the World Trade Organization," TMD discussion papers 59, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Fabrizio De Filippis & Daniela Storti, 2002. "Le politiche di sviluppo rurale nell´unione europea: un secondo pilastro tutto da inventare," Departmental Working Papers of Economics - University 'Roma Tre' 0025, Department of Economics - University Roma Tre.
- Tim J. Coelli & D.S. Prasada Rao, 2003.
"Total Factor Productivity Growth in Agriculture: A Malmquist Index Analysis of 93 Countries,1980-2000,"
CEPA Working Papers Series
WP022003, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Tim J. Coelli & D. S. Prasada Rao, 2005. "Total factor productivity growth in agriculture: a Malmquist index analysis of 93 countries, 1980-2000," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 32(s1), pages 115-134, 01.
- Anthony Rezitis, 2005. "Agricultural productivity convergence across Europe and the United States of America," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(7), pages 443-446.
- G. E. Boyle & T. G. McCARTHY, 1999. "Simple measures of convergence in per capita GDP: a note on some further international evidence," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(6), pages 343-347.
- Edward B. Barbier, 2004. "Explaining Agricultural Land Expansion and Deforestation in Developing Countries," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 86(5), pages 1347-1353.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rar:journl:0049. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.