Implications of Basel II for financial stability. Clouds are darker for developing countries
Paper originally published in the BNL Quarterly Review, vol. 60 n. 241, June 2007, pp. 111-135.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mario Tonveronachi, 2006. "Foreign debt and financial fragility in the perspective of the emerging countries," BNL Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 59(236), pages 23-48.
- Liliana Rojas-Suarez, 2001.
"Can International Capital Standards Strengthen Banks in Emerging Markets?,"
Working Paper Series
WP01-10, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Rojas-Suarez, Liliana, 2002. "Can international capital standards strengthen banks in emerging markets?," Journal of Financial Transformation, Capco Institute, vol. 5, pages 51-63.
- Charles Goodhart & Boris Hofmann & Miguel Segoviano, 2004. "Bank Regulation and Macroeconomic Fluctuations," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 20(4), pages 591-615, Winter.
- Rahul Dhumale, 2000. "Capital Adequacy Standards: Are They Sufficient?," Working Papers wp165, Centre for Business Research, University of Cambridge.
- Griffith-Jones, Stephany & Segoviano, Miguel Angel & Spratt, Stephen, 2004. "Basel II: developing countries and portfolio diversification," Revista CEPAL, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), August.
- Gordy, Michael B. & Howells, Bradley, 2006. "Procyclicality in Basel II: Can we treat the disease without killing the patient?," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 395-417, July.
- Liebig, Thilo & Porath, Daniel & Weder, Beatrice & Wedow, Michael, 2007. "Basel II and bank lending to emerging markets: Evidence from the German banking sector," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 401-418, February.
- J.A. Kregel, 1998.
"Yes, "It" Did Happen Again - A Minsky Crisis Happened in Asia,"
- Jan A. Kregel, 1998. "Yes, 'It' Did Happen Again: A Minsky Crisis Happened in Asia," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_234, Levy Economics Institute.
- In W Song, 2004. "Foreign Bank Supervision and Challenges to Emerging Market Supervisors," IMF Working Papers 04/82, International Monetary Fund.
- Liliana Rojas-Suárez & Steven R. Weisbrod, 1997.
"Towards an Effective Regulatory and Supervisory Framework for Latin America,"
Research Department Publications
4050, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Liliana Rojas-Suárez & Steven R. Weisbrod, 1997. "Towards an Effective Regulatory and Supervisory Framework for Latin America," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 5838, Inter-American Development Bank.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:psl:pslqrr:2009:9. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Carlo D'Ippoliti)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.