Procyclical implications of Basel II: Can the cyclicality of capital requirements be contained?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Claudio Borio & Craig Furfine & Philip Lowe, 2001. "Procyclicality of the financial system and financial stability: issues and policy options," BIS Papers chapters,in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Marrying the macro- and micro-prudential dimensions of financial stability, volume 1, pages 1-57 Bank for International Settlements.
- Jokipii, Terhi & Milne, Alistair, 2011. "Bank capital buffer and risk adjustment decisions," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 165-178, August.
- Charles Goodhart & Boris Hofmann & Miguel Segoviano, 2004. "Bank Regulation and Macroeconomic Fluctuations," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 20(4), pages 591-615, Winter.
- Dierick, Frank & Pires, Fatima & Scheicher, Martin & Spitzer, Kai Gereon, 2005. "The New Basel Capital Framework and its implementation in the European Union," Occasional Paper Series 42, European Central Bank.
- Frank Dierick & Fatima Pires & Martin Scheicher & Kai Gereon Spitzer, 2005. "The New Basel Capital Framework and its implementation in the European Union," Occasional Paper Series 42, European Central Bank.
- Eva Catarineu-Rabell & Patricia Jackson & Dimitrios Tsomocos, 2005.
"Procyclicality and the new Basel Accord - banks’ choice of loan rating system,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 26(3), pages 537-557, October.
- Eva Catarineu-Rabell & Patricia Jackson & Dimitrios P. Tsomocos, 2002. "Procyclicality and the New Basel Accord: banks' choice of loan rating system," Conference Series ; [Proceedings], Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Dimitrios Tsomocos & Eva Catarineu-Rabell & Patricia Jackson, 2003. "Procyclicality and the new Basel Accord–banks’ choice of loan rating system," FMG Discussion Papers dp464, Financial Markets Group.
- Eva Catarineu-Rabell & Patricia Jackson & Dimitrios P Tsomocos, 2003. "Procyclicality and the new Basel Accord - banks' choice of loan rating system," Bank of England working papers 181, Bank of England.
- Eva Catarineu-Rabell & Patricia Jackson & Dimitrios P.Tsomocos, 2003. "Procyclicality and the new Basel Accord - Banks' choice of loan rating system," OFRC Working Papers Series 2003fe06, Oxford Financial Research Centre.
- Catarineu-Rabell, Eva & Jackson, Patricia & Tsomocos, Dimitrios P., 2003. "Procyclicality and the new Basel Accord–banks’ choice of loan rating system," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 24863, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Henrik Andersen & Sigbjørn Atle Berg & Eilev S. Jansen, 2008. "The dynamics of operating income in the Norwegian banking sector," Working Paper 2008/13, Norges Bank.
- Ayuso, Juan & Perez, Daniel & Saurina, Jesus, 2004.
"Are capital buffers pro-cyclical?: Evidence from Spanish panel data,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation,
Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 249-264, April.
- Juan Ayuso & Daniel Pérez & Jesús Saurina, 2002. "Are capital buffers pro-cyclical? Evidence from Spanish panel data," Working Papers 0224, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
- Henrik Andersen, 2008. "Failure prediction of Norwegian banks: A Logit approach," Working Paper 2008/02, Norges Bank.
- Jokivuolle, Esa & Virolainen, Kimmo & Vähämaa, Oskari, 2008. "Macro-model-based stress testing of Basel II requirements," Research Discussion Papers 17/2008, Bank of Finland.
- Jacob A. Bikker & Paul A. J. Metzemakers, 2007.
"Is Bank Capital Procyclical? A Cross-Country Analysis,"
Credit and Capital Markets,
Credit and Capital Markets, vol. 40(2), pages 225-264.
- Jaap Bikker & Paul Metzemakers, 2004. "Is bank capital procyclical? A cross-country analysis," DNB Working Papers 009, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Bardsen, Gunnar & Eitrheim, Oyvind & Jansen, Eilev S. & Nymoen, Ragnar, 2005. "The Econometrics of Macroeconomic Modelling," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199246502.
- Anil K. Kashyap & Jeremy C. Stein, 2004. "Cyclical implications of the Basel II capital standards," Economic Perspectives, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue Q I, pages 18-31.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Katsutoshi Shimizu & Kim Cuong Ly, 2018. "Bank lending behavior and business cycle under Basel regulations: Is there a significant procyclicality?," Working Papers 2018-06, Swansea University, School of Management.
- Kogler, Michael, 2016. "Optimal Bank Capital Regulation, the Real Sector, and the State of the Economy," Economics Working Paper Series 1615, University of St. Gallen, School of Economics and Political Science.
- Anders Grosen & Pernille Jessen & Thomas Kokholm, 2014. "An asset protection scheme for banks exposed to troubled loan portfolios," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 38(4), pages 568-588, October.
- Markus Behn & Rainer Haselmann & Paul Wachtel, 2016.
"Procyclical Capital Regulation and Lending,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 71(2), pages 919-956, April.
- Markus Behn & Rainer Haselmann & Paul Wachtel, 2013. "Pro-Cyclical Capital Regulation and Lending," Working Papers 13-11, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Behn, Markus & Haselmann, Rainer & Wachtel, Paul, 2014. "Pro-cyclical capital regulation and lending," Discussion Papers 32/2014, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Clara Cardone-Riportella & Antonio Trujillo-Ponce & Anahí Briozzo, 2013. "Analyzing the role of mutual guarantee societies on bank capital requirements for small and medium-sized enterprises," Journal of Economic Policy Reform, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(2), pages 142-159, June.
- André K. Anundsen & Eilev S. Jansen, 2013. "Self-reinforcing effects between housing prices and credit: an extended version," Discussion Papers 756, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- repec:eee:spacre:v:17:y:2014:i:1:p:58-70 is not listed on IDEAS
- Paolo Tasca & Stefano Battiston, "undated". "Market Procyclicality and Systemic Risk," Working Papers ETH-RC-12-012, ETH Zurich, Chair of Systems Design.
- Wall, Larry, 2014.
"Measuring capital adequacy: supervisory stress-tests in a Basel world,"
Journal of Financial Perspectives,
EY Global FS Institute, vol. 2(1), pages 85-94.
- Wall, Larry D., 2013. "Measuring capital adequacy supervisory stress tests in a Basel world," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 2013-15, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Anundsen, André K. & Jansen, Eilev S., 2013. "Self-reinforcing effects between housing prices and credit," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 192-212.
- Huang, Xin & Zhou, Hao & Zhu, Haibin, 2012.
"Assessing the systemic risk of a heterogeneous portfolio of banks during the recent financial crisis,"
Journal of Financial Stability,
Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 193-205.
- Xin Huang & Hao Zhou & Haibin Zhu, 2009. "Assessing the systemic risk of a heterogeneous portfolio of banks during the recent financial crisis," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2009-44, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Xin Huang & Hao Zhou & Haibin Zhu, 2010. "Assessing the systemic risk of a heterogeneous portfolio of banks during the recent financial crisis," BIS Working Papers 296, Bank for International Settlements.
- Riccetti, Luca & Russo, Alberto & Mauro, Gallegati, 2013. "Financial Regulation in an Agent Based Macroeconomic Model," MPRA Paper 51013, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rossignolo, Adrian F. & Fethi, Meryem Duygun & Shaban, Mohamed, 2012. "Value-at-Risk models and Basel capital charges," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 303-319.
- Gazi Kara, 2016. "Bank Capital Regulations Around the World : What Explains the Differences?," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2016-057, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Rainer Baule & Christian Tallau, 2016. "Revisiting Basel risk weights: cross-sectional risk sensitivity and cyclicality," Journal of Business Economics, Springer, vol. 86(8), pages 905-931, November.
More about this item
KeywordsBasel II Procyclicality Capital positions;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:finsta:v:7:y:2011:i:3:p:138-154. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jfstabil .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.