Economic Growth Decomposition. An Empirical Analysis Using Bayesian Frontier Approach
This paper presents an empirical analysis of economic growth in respect of its components, namely input change, technological progress and changes in efficiency. In this work the Bayesian Stochastic Frontier method as well as the output change decomposition procedure, are used in order to evaluate their influence on economic growth. The use of panel data in the study allows for a detailed analysis of economic growth in a given economy and enables the search for general patterns that govern the process. The study is carried using a set of sixteen countries over the period 1995 - 2005.
Volume (Year): 1 (2009)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://cejeme.org/|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mary O'Mahony & Marcel P. Timmer, 2009. "Output, Input and Productivity Measures at the Industry Level: The EU KLEMS Database," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 119(538), pages F374-F403, 06.
- Eiji Yamamura & Inyong Shin, 2007. "Technological Change and Catch-up and Capital Deepening: Relative Contributions to Growth and Convergence: Comment," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 15(3), pages 1-8.
- Marcel P. Timmer & Mary O’Mahony & Bart van Ark, 2007. "EU KLEMS Growth and Productivity Accounts: An Overview," International Productivity Monitor, Centre for the Study of Living Standards, vol. 14, pages 71-85, Spring.
- Osiewalski, Jacek & Steel, Mark F.J. & Koop, Gary, 1992.
"Posterior analysis of stochastic frontier models using Gibbs sampling,"
DES - Working Papers. Statistics and Econometrics. WS
3677, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Estadística.
- KOOP, Gary & STEEL, Mark F. & OSIEWALSKI, Jacek, 1994. "Posterior Analysis of Stochastic Frontier Models using Gibbs Sampling," CORE Discussion Papers 1994061, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Osiewalski, J. & Koop, G. & Steel, M.F.J., 1997.
"A Stochastic Frontier Analysis of Output Level and Growth in Poland and Western Economies,"
1997-85, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Koop, Gary & Osiewalski, Jacek & Steel, Mark F J, 2000. "A Stochastic Frontier Analysis of Output Level and Growth in Poland and Western Economies," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 33(3), pages 185-202.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:15:y:2007:i:3:p:1-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Koop, Gary & Osiewalski, Jacek & Steel, Mark F J, 1999. " The Components of Output Growth: A Stochastic Frontier Analysis," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 61(4), pages 455-87, November.
- Paul Schreyer, 2003. "Capital Stocks, Capital Services and Multi-Factor Productivity Measures," OECD Economic Studies, OECD Publishing, vol. 2003(2), pages 163-184.
- Paul Schreyer, 2007. "Old and New Asset Boundaries: A Review Article on Measuring Capital in the New Economy," International Productivity Monitor, Centre for the Study of Living Standards, vol. 15, pages 75-80, Fall.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:psc:journl:v:1:y:2009:i:4:p:333-369. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Krzysztof Osiewalski)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.