A Stochastic Frontier Analysis of Output Level and Growth in Poland and Western Economies
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Koop, Gary & Osiewalski, Jacek & Steel, Mark F J, 2000. "A Stochastic Frontier Analysis of Output Level and Growth in Poland and Western Economies," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 33(3), pages 185-202.
References listed on IDEAS
- Koop, Gary & Osiewalski, Jacek & Steel, Mark F. J., 1997.
"Bayesian efficiency analysis through individual effects: Hospital cost frontiers,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 76(1-2), pages 77-105.
- KOOP , Gary & OSIEWALSKI , Jacek & STEEL , Mark, 1995. "Bayesian Efficiency Analysis through Individual Effects : Hospital Cost Frontiers," CORE Discussion Papers 1995036, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Koop, G. & Osiewalski, J. & Steel, M. F. J., 1997. "Bayesian efficiency analysis through individual effects: Hospital cost frontiers," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1245, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Meeusen, Wim & van den Broeck, Julien, 1977. "Efficiency Estimation from Cobb-Douglas Production Functions with Composed Error," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 18(2), pages 435-444, June.
- van den Broeck, Julien & Koop, Gary & Osiewalski, Jacek & Steel, Mark F. J., 1994.
"Stochastic frontier models : A Bayesian perspective,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 61(2), pages 273-303, April.
- Broeck, Julien Van den & Steel, Mark F.J. & Osiewalski, Jacek & Koop, Gary, 1992. "Stochastic frontier models: a bayesian perspective," UC3M Working papers. Economics 2823, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Coricelli, Fabrizio & Rocha, Roberto de Rezende, 1991. "Stabilization programs in Eastern Europe : a comparative analysis of the Polish and Yugoslav programs of 1990," Policy Research Working Paper Series 732, The World Bank.
- Fernandez, Carmen & Osiewalski, Jacek & Steel, Mark F. J., 1997. "On the use of panel data in stochastic frontier models with improper priors," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 79(1), pages 169-193, July.
- Aigner, Dennis & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Peter, 1977. "Formulation and estimation of stochastic frontier production function models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 21-37, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Heru Margono & Subhash Sharma & Kevin Sylwester & Usama Al-Qalawi, 2009. "Technical efficiency and productivity analysis in Indonesian provincial economies," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(6), pages 663-672.
- Marco FIORAMANTI, 2010. "Estimation And Decomposition Of Total Factor Productivity Growth In The Eu Manufacturing Sector: A Long Run Perspective," Journal of Applied Economic Sciences, Spiru Haret University, Faculty of Financial Management and Accounting Craiova, vol. 5(3(13)/Fal), pages 217-230.
- Maria Baquero Forero & Takanori Ida & Toshifumi Kuroda, 2015. "Institutions and Cultural Heterogeneity as Determinants of National Income: A Random-coefficients Stochastic Frontier Model," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(3), pages 710-724, August.
- Francisco J. Ruge-Murcia, 2000.
"Uncovering financial markets' beliefs about inflation targets,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(5), pages 483-512.
- Ruge-Murcia, F.J., 1998. "Uncovering Financial Markets Beliefs About Inflation Targets," Cahiers de recherche 9803, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- RUGE-MURCIA, Francisco J., 1998. "Uncovering Financial Markets Beliefs About Inflation Targets," Cahiers de recherche 9803, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Malinka Koparanova, 2007. "Structural Changes in the Manufacturing Industry of Transition Economies," Economic Studies journal, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Economic Research Institute, issue 3, pages 3-42.
- Andrew J Tiffin, 2006. "Ukraine; The Cost of Weak Institutions," IMF Working Papers 06/167, International Monetary Fund.
- António Afonso & Miguel St. Aubyn, 2013.
"Public and private inputs in aggregate production and growth: a cross-country efficiency approach,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(32), pages 4487-4502, November.
- António AFONSO & Miguel ST. AUBYN, "undated". "Public and Private Inputs in Aggregate Production and Growth: A Cross-country Efficiency Approach," EcoMod2010 259600004, EcoMod.
- Afonso, António & St. Aubyn, Miguel, 2010. "Public and private inputs in aggregate production and growth: a cross-country efficiency approach," Working Paper Series 1154, European Central Bank.
- António Afonso & Miguel St. Aubyn, 2010. "Public and Private Inputs in Aggregate Production and Growth: A Cross-country Efficiency Approach," Working Papers Department of Economics 2010/09, ISEG - Lisbon School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, Universidade de Lisboa.
- Astrid Cullmann & Christian von Hirschhausen, 2007. "From Transition to Competition: Dynamic Efficiency Analysis of Polish Electricity Distribution Companies," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 716, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Weill, Laurent, 2006. "On the consistency of aggregate production frontiers," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 172(1), pages 326-333, July.
- Mastromarco, Camilla & Ghosh, Sucharita, 2009. "Foreign Capital, Human Capital, and Efficiency: A Stochastic Frontier Analysis for Developing Countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 489-502, February.
- Efthymios G. Tsionas, 2006. "Inference in dynamic stochastic frontier models," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(5), pages 669-676.
- Kamil Makieła, 2009. "Economic Growth Decomposition. An Empirical Analysis Using Bayesian Frontier Approach," Central European Journal of Economic Modelling and Econometrics, CEJEME, vol. 1(4), pages 333-369, December.
- Laurent Weill, 2008. "On the inefficiency of European socialist economies," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 29(2), pages 79-89, April.
- Marco Fioramanti, 2009. "Estimation and Decomposition of Total Factor Productivity Growth in the EU Manufacturing Sector: a Stochastic Frontier Approach," ISAE Working Papers 114, ISTAT - Italian National Institute of Statistics - (Rome, ITALY).
- Jaume Puig, 2000. "Technical inefficiency and public capital in US States: A stochastic frontier approach," Economics Working Papers 451, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Kamil Makieła, 2017. "Bayesian Inference and Gibbs Sampling in Generalized True Random-Effects Models," Central European Journal of Economic Modelling and Econometrics, CEJEME, vol. 9(1), pages 69-95, March.
- repec:psc:journl:v:9:y:2017:i:3:p:243-273 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsBayesian inference; efficiency; Gibbs sampling; productivity analysis; technical change;
- C11 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Bayesian Analysis: General
- O47 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Empirical Studies of Economic Growth; Aggregate Productivity; Cross-Country Output Convergence
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tiu:tiucen:70bc4936-7304-4e87-910c-be186b88a885. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Richard Broekman). General contact details of provider: http://center.uvt.nl .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.