Mimorozpočtové důvody růstu veřejného zadlužení
[Off-Budgetary Reasons of the Growing Public Indebtedness]
The interpretation of the relation between a budget deficit and a government debt in the standard economic theory is based on its unilateral causality, where the government debt comes into being due to the accumulation of budget deficits. The logic of the development of the government indebtedness is, in this approach, unambiguously determined by public finance processes monitored by Parliament in the framework of the course of fiscal years. The main objective of this paper is to stress that in reality the development of government indebtedness is significantly influenced by off-budgetary factors. The presented results endorse the hypothesis that the influence of stock-flow adjustment on the development of the debt/GDP ratio in a number of cases surpasses the influence of the budget balance. This trend significantly amplifies in the period of a financial crisis in context of the massive shift of the debt burden, occurring in the course of them.
Volume (Year): 2010 (2010)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: nam. W. Churchilla 4, 130 67 Praha 3|
Phone: (02) 24 09 51 11
Fax: (02) 24 22 06 57
Web page: http://www.vse.cz/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Postal: Redakce Politické ekonomie, Vysoká škola ekonomická, nám. W. Churchilla 4, 130 67 Praha 3|
Web: http://www.vse.cz/polek/ Email:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2009.
"The Aftermath of Financial Crises,"
NBER Working Papers
14656, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Rogoff, Kenneth, 2008.
"Las secuelas de las crisis financieras
[The aftermath of financial crisis]," MPRA Paper 13695, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Reinhart, Carmen M. & Rogoff, Kenneth, 2009. "The Aftermath of Financial Crises," CEPR Discussion Papers 7209, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Reinhart, Carmen M. & Rogoff, Kenneth S., 2009. "The Aftermath of Financial Crises," Scholarly Articles 11129155, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Rogoff, Kenneth, 2008. "Las secuelas de las crisis financieras
- Fabrizio Balassone & Daniele Franco & Stefania Zotteri, 2007. "The Reliability of EMU FIscal Indicators: Risks and Safeguards," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 633, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Buti, Marco & Martins, Joao Nogueira & Turrini, Alessandro Antonio, 2006.
"From Deficits to Debt and Back: Political Incentives under Numerical Fiscal Rules,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
5809, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Marco Buti & João Nogueira Martins & Alessandro Turrini, 2007. "From Deficits to Debt and Back: Political Incentives under Numerical Fiscal Rules," CESifo Economic Studies, CESifo, vol. 53(1), pages 115-152, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:prg:jnlpol:v:2010:y:2010:i:4:id:745:p:522-541. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Frantisek Sokolovsky)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.