Consumers' Acceptance of (and Resistance to) Genetically Modified Foods in High-Income Countries: Effects of Labels and Information in an Uncertain Environment
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 85 (2003)
Issue (Month): 5 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 555 East Wells Street, Suite 1100, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202|
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org/
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- Huffman, Wallace, 2003. "Consumer's Acceptance of (and Resistance to) Genetically Modified Foods in High Income Countries: Effects of Labels and Information in an Uncertain Environment," Staff General Research Papers Archive 12255, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Liu, Pengcheng, 2009. "Consumers’ WTA for GM rice cookie: an experiment study in China," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51771, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Ding, Yulian & Veeman, Michele & Adamowicz, Wiktor L., 2013. "Functional Food Choices: Impacts of Trust and Health Beliefs," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 149007, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Liu, Pengcheng & Huang, Chung-Huang & Feng, Zhongchao & Zhou, Deyi, 2009. "Consumer’s choice on GM labeling: evidences from China," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51807, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Damien Rousselière & Samira Rousselière, 2010.
"On the impact of trust on consumer willingness to purchase GM food:Evidence from a European survey,"
Review of Agricultural and Environmental Studies - Revue d'Etudes en Agriculture et Environnement,
INRA Department of Economics, vol. 91(1), pages 5-26.
- Rousselière, D. & Rousselière, S., 2009. "On the impact of trust on consumer willingness to purchase GM food : evidence from a European survey," Working Papers 200901, Grenoble Applied Economics Laboratory (GAEL).
- Ding, Yulian & Veeman, Michele M. & Adamowicz, Wiktor L., 2013. "The influence of trust on consumer behavior: An application to recurring food risks in Canada," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 214-223.
- Onyango, Benjamin & Nayga, Rodolfo M. & Govindasamy, Ramu, 2006. "U.S. Consumers' Willingness to Pay for Food Labeled ‘Genetically Modified’," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 35(02), pages 299-310, October.
- Onyango, Benjamin M. & Nayga, Rodolfo M., Jr. & Govindasamy, Ramu, 2006. "U.S. Consumers' Willingness to Pay for Food Labeled 'Genetically Modified'," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 35(2), October.
- Zhao, Li & Gu, Haiying & Yue, Chengyan & Ahlstrom, David, 2013. "Consumer welfare and GM food labeling: A simulation using an adjusted Kumaraswamy distribution," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 58-70.
- Gifford, Katie & Bernard, John C. & Toensmeyer, Ulrich C. & Bacon, J. Richard, 2005. "An Experimental Investigation of Willingness to Pay for Non-GM and Organic Food Products," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19385, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Ding, Yulian & Veeman, Michele M. & Adamowicz, Wiktor L., 2015. "Functional food choices: Impacts of trust and health control beliefs on Canadian consumers’ choices of canola oil," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 92-98.
- Ubilava, David & Foster, Kenneth A., 2007. "Targeting Consumers by Store - The Basis of Increased Sales with Less Advertising," 2007 Annual Meeting, February 4-7, 2007, Mobile, Alabama 34909, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Amrita Chatterjee & Arpita Ghose, 2016. "Consumer’s Acceptance towards Genetically Modified Crops and Growth of the Economy: A Theoretical Approach," Working Papers 2016-137, Madras School of Economics,Chennai,India.
- Bernard, John C. & Zhang, Chao & Gifford, Katie, 2006. "An Experimental Investigation of Consumer Willingness to Pay for Non-GM Foods When an Organic Option Is Present," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 35(2), October.
- Karli, Bahri & Bilgic, Abdulbaki & Miran, Bulent, 2008. "Consumers' Perceptions about Genetically Modified Foods and Their Stated Willingness-to-Pay for Genetically Modified Food Labeling: Evidences from Turkey," 2008 Annual Meeting, February 2-6, 2008, Dallas, Texas 6754, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Carlsson, Fredrik & Frykblom, Peter & Lagerkvist, Carl Johan, 2004. "Consumer benefits of labels and bans on genetically modified food - An empirical analysis using Choice Experiments," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 20370, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Carlsson, Fredrik & Frykblom, Peter & Lagerkvist, Carl-Johan, 2004. "Consumer benefits of labels and bans on genetically modified food - An empirical analysis using Choice Experiments," Working Papers in Economics 129, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Anselmsson, Johan & Johansson, Ulf & Persson, Niklas, 2006. "A conceptual framework for understanding Customer-based brand equity and price premium in grocery categories," Working Paper Series 2006/4, Lund University, Institute of Economic Research.
- Kentaka Aruga, 2014. "An intervention analysis on the Tokyo Grain Exchange non-genetically modified and conventional soybean futures markets," Cogent Economics & Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(1), pages 1-11, December.
- Aruga, Kentaka, 2011. "An Intervention Analysis on the Tokyo Grain Exchange Non- Genetically Modified and Conventional Soybean Futures Market," MPRA Paper 36088, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Darby, Kim & Batte, Marvin T. & Ernst, Stanley C. & Roe, Brian E., 2006. "Willingness to pay for locally produced foods: A customer intercept study of direct market and grocery store shoppers," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21336, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oup:ajagec:v:85:y:2003:i:5:p:1112-1118. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed