An estimate of the underreporting of violent crimes against property applying stochastic frontier analysis to the state of Minas Gerais, Brazil [Estimativa do subregistro de crimes violentos contra a propriedade aplicando análise de fronteira estocástica para o estado de Minas Gerais, Brasil]
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- André Oliveira Ferreira Loureiro & José Raimundo de Araújo Carvalho Júnior, 2007. "O Impacto Dos Gastos Públicos Sobre A Criminalidade No Brasil," Anais do XXXV Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 35th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 163, ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Groot, W. & Oosterbeek, H., 1995. "Stochastic reservation and offer wages," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 107-107, March.
- Regina Madalozzo & Giovanna Maia Furtado, 2007.
"Um Estudo Sobre A Vitimização Na Cidade De São Paulo,"
Anais do XXXV Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 35th Brazilian Economics Meeting]
113, ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Madalozzo, Regina & Furtado, Giovanna M., 2008. "Um Estudo sobre a Vitimização na Cidade de São Paulo," Insper Working Papers wpe_107, Insper Working Paper, Insper Instituto de Ensino e Pesquisa.
- Gary S. Becker, 1974. "Crime and Punishment: An Economic Approach," NBER Chapters, in: Essays in the Economics of Crime and Punishment, pages 1-54, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Carmen Garcia Prieto & Angel Martin Roman & Carlos Perez Dominguez, 2005.
"Actual and Potential Returns to Schooling in Spain,"
Education Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(4), pages 387-407.
- Carmen García Prieto & Angel Martín Román & Carlos Pérez Domínguez, "undated". "Actual and potential returns to schooling in Spain," Studies on the Spanish Economy 157, FEDEA.
- Coelli, Tim J., 1995.
"Recent Developments In Frontier Modelling And Efficiency Measurement,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 39(3), pages 1-27, December.
- Tim J. Coelli, 1995. "Recent Developments In Frontier Modelling And Efficiency Measurement," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 39(3), pages 219-245, December.
- Coelli, T. J., 1995. "Recent Developments in Frontier Modelling and Efficiency Measurement," 1995 Conference (39th), February 14-16, 1995, Perth, Australia 148798, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Kumbhakar,Subal C. & Wang,Hung-Jen & Horncastle,Alan P., 2015.
"A Practitioner's Guide to Stochastic Frontier Analysis Using Stata,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9781107029514.
- Kumbhakar,Subal C. & Wang,Hung-Jen & Horncastle,Alan P., 2015. "A Practitioner's Guide to Stochastic Frontier Analysis Using Stata," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9781107609464.
- Hausman, Jerry, 2015.
"Specification tests in econometrics,"
Applied Econometrics, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration (RANEPA), vol. 38(2), pages 112-134.
- Terza, Joseph V. & Basu, Anirban & Rathouz, Paul J., 2008. "Two-stage residual inclusion estimation: Addressing endogeneity in health econometric modeling," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 531-543, May.
- Daniel Cerqueira, 2013. "Mapa de Homicídios Ocultos no Brasil," Discussion Papers 1848, Instituto de Pesquisa Econômica Aplicada - IPEA.
- E. Sant'Anna & L.G. Scorzafave & M. Justus, 2016. "Nonlinear relationship between income, age and criminal victimization in Brazil," Economia, ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics], vol. 17(2), pages 185-198.
- Tran, Kien C. & Tsionas, Efthymios G., 2013. "GMM estimation of stochastic frontier model with endogenous regressors," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 118(1), pages 233-236.
- Vera A. Adamchik & Arthur E. King, 2007. "Labor Market Efficiency In Poland: A Stochastic Wage Frontier Analysis," The International Journal of Business and Finance Research, The Institute for Business and Finance Research, vol. 1(2), pages 41-50.
- Polachek, Solomon W. & Robst, John, 1998. "Employee labor market information: comparing direct world of work measures of workers' knowledge to stochastic frontier estimates," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 231-242, June.
- Marcelo Justus & Ana Lúcia Kassouf, 2013. "Evidence of the effect of wealth observed by criminals on the risk of becoming a victim of property crimes," Economia, ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics], vol. 14(2), pages 88-101.
- Manuel Arellano & Stephen Bond, 1991.
"Some Tests of Specification for Panel Data: Monte Carlo Evidence and an Application to Employment Equations,"
Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 58(2), pages 277-297.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS program to replicate Arellano-Bond 1991 dynamic panel," Statistical Software Components RTZ00169, Boston College Department of Economics.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Singh, Sunny Kumar & Bhattacharya, Kaushik, 2017. "Does easy availability of cash affect corruption? Evidence from a panel of countries," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 236-247.
- Dave, Dhaval, 2006.
"The effects of cocaine and heroin price on drug-related emergency department visits,"
Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 311-333, March.
- Dhaval Dave, 2004. "The Effects of Cocaine and Heroin Prices on Drug-Related Emergency Department Visits," NBER Working Papers 10619, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- German Blanco, 2017. "Who benefits from job placement services? A two-sided analysis," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 47(1), pages 33-47, February.
- Faisal Jamil & Eatzaz Ahmad, 2014. "An Empirical Study of Electricity Theft from Electricity Distribution Companies in Pakistan," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 53(3), pages 239-254.
- Ted Hayduk, 2019. "Leveraging sport mega events for international entrepreneurship," International Entrepreneurship and Management Journal, Springer, vol. 15(3), pages 857-881, September.
- Khalil, Umair, 2017. "Do more guns lead to more crime? Understanding the role of illegal firearms," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 133(C), pages 342-361.
- Cabral, Joilson de Assis & Freitas Cabral, Maria Viviana de & Pereira Júnior, Amaro Olímpio, 2020. "Elasticity estimation and forecasting: An analysis of residential electricity demand in Brazil," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 66(C).
- Fabrizio Rossi & Maretno Agus Harjoto, 2020. "Corporate non-financial disclosure, firm value, risk, and agency costs: evidence from Italian listed companies," Review of Managerial Science, Springer, vol. 14(5), pages 1149-1181, October.
- Naddeo, Andreina, 2014. "How crime affects the economy: evidence from Italy," MPRA Paper 65419, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jessica M. Mc Lay & Roy Lay-Yee & Barry J. Milne & Peter Davis, 2015. "Regression-Style Models for Parameter Estimation in Dynamic Microsimulation: An Empirical Performance Assessment," International Journal of Microsimulation, International Microsimulation Association, vol. 8(2), pages 83-127.
- Anne Musson & Damien Rousselière, 2020.
"Exploring the effect of crisis on cooperatives: a Bayesian performance analysis of French craftsmen cooperatives,"
Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 52(25), pages 2657-2678, May.
- Musson, Anne & Rousselière, Damien, 2018. "Exploring the effect of crisis on cooperatives: A Bayesian performance analysis of French craftsmen cooperatives," Working Papers 279350, Institut National de la recherche Agronomique (INRA), Departement Sciences Sociales, Agriculture et Alimentation, Espace et Environnement (SAE2).
- Anne Musson & Damien Rousselière, 2018. "Exploring the effect of crisis on cooperatives: A Bayesian performance analysis of French craftsmen cooperatives," Working Papers hal-01911612, HAL.
- Anne, Musson & Damien, Rousselière, 2018. "Exploring the effect of crisis on cooperatives: A Bayesian performance analysis of French craftsmen cooperatives," Working Papers SMART - LERECO 18-07, INRAE UMR SMART-LERECO.
- Ebaidalla Mahjoub Ebaidalla, 2015. "Do ICTs Reduce Youth Unemployment in MENA Countries?," Working Papers 964, Economic Research Forum, revised Nov 2015.
- S. Mbulawa & N. F. Okurut & M. M. Ntsosa & N. Sinha, 2020. "Determinants of Corporate Dividend Policy under Hyperinflation and Dollarization by Firms in Zimbabwe," Journal of Applied Finance & Banking, SCIENPRESS Ltd, vol. 10(2), pages 1-1.
- Aditi Bhattacharyya, 2012. "Adjustment of inputs and measurement of technical efficiency: A dynamic panel data analysis of the Egyptian manufacturing sectors," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 42(3), pages 863-880, June.
- Jože P. Damijan & Igor Masten, 2002.
"Time Dependent Efficiency of Free Trade Agreements - The Case of Slovenia and the CEFTA Agreement,"
The Economic and Social Review, Economic and Social Studies, vol. 33(1), pages 147-160.
- Joze P. Damijan & Igor Masten, 2002. "Time-Dependent Efficiency of Free Trade Agreements: The Case of Slovenia and the CEFTA Agreement," LICOS Discussion Papers 11702, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Ciarlone, Alessio, 2011. "Housing wealth effect in emerging economies," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 399-417.
- Busse, Matthias & Hefeker, Carsten, 2007.
"Political risk, institutions and foreign direct investment,"
European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 397-415, June.
- Hefeker, Carsten & Busse, Matthias, 2005. "Political Risk, Institutions and Foreign Direct Investment," HWWA Discussion Papers 315, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWA).
- Busse, Matthias & Hefeker, Carsten, 2005. "Political Risk, Institutions and Foreign Direct Investment," Discussion Paper Series 26388, Hamburg Institute of International Economics.
- Broich, Tobias, 2017. "Do authoritarian regimes receive more Chinese development finance than democratic ones? Empirical evidence for Africa," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 180-207.
- Christos Agiakloglou & Michael Polemis, 2018.
"Evaluating the liberalization process on Telecommunications services for EU countries,"
Economics and Business Letters, Oviedo University Press, vol. 7(3), pages 98-107.
- Agiakloglou, Christos & Polemis, Michael, 2017. "Evaluating the liberalization process on Telecommunications services for EU countries," MPRA Paper 85119, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Austin L. Wright, 2016. "Economic Shocks and Rebel," HiCN Working Papers 232, Households in Conflict Network.
More about this item
Keywordsestratégias de prevenção ao crime; economia do crime; segurança pública;
All these keywords.
- C35 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Discrete Regression and Qualitative Choice Models; Discrete Regressors; Proportions
- K14 - Law and Economics - - Basic Areas of Law - - - Criminal Law
- I31 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - General Welfare, Well-Being
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nov:artigo:v:28:y:2018:i:3:p:778-806. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lucas Resende de Carvalho). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/fufmgbr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.