Concentration of Ownership in Russian Industry: Firm-Level Evolution
The paper describes dynamics of ownership concentration in Russian manufacturing, and factors of the dynamics against the background of economic growth of 2000s. The first signs of stock ownership de-concentration in some companies during 2005–2009 were revealed. Empirical analysis of determinants of changes in concentration was implemented. Significant positive factors of this decline are companies’ entry to securities markets, their work in competitive environment, and share of foreign investors. Negative influence of propensity to future investments and of the share of Russian owners was also found out. The study is based on the data of two rounds of monitoring of about 1000 large and medium-sized companies conducted by the Institute for Industrial and Market Studies from HSE in 2005 and 2009. Binary and ordinal regression models were used.
Volume (Year): (2010)
Issue (Month): 8 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Nakhimovsky prospekt, 32, Office 1115, 117218 Moscow Russia|
Phone: +7 495 7189855
Fax: +7 495 7189855
Web page: http://www.econorus.org/english.phtml
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- La Porta, Rafael & Lopez-de-Silanes, Florencio & Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W., 1998.
"Law and Finance,"
3451310, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Rafael LaPorta & Florencio Lopez de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1996. "Law and Finance," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1768, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Rafael LaPorta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, . "Law and Finance," Working Paper 19451, Harvard University OpenScholar.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silane & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1996. "Law and Finance," NBER Working Papers 5661, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Irena Grosfeld & Iraj Hashi, 2007.
"Changes in ownership concentration in mass privatizd firms: Evidence from Poland and the Czech Republic,"
- Irena Grosfeld & Iraj Hashi, 2007. "Changes in Ownership Concentration in Mass Privatised Firms: evidence from Poland and the Czech Republic," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(4), pages 520-534, 07.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silane & Andrei Shleifer, 1998.
"Corporate Ownership Around the World,"
NBER Working Papers
6625, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer, 1998. "Corporate Ownership Around the World," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1840, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nea:journl:y:2010:i:8:p:80-99. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alexey Tcharykov)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.