Rational Expectation Model of Modern Russian Banking System and the Strong Turnpike Property
An econometric analysis of modern Russian banking system is carried out. A set of discovered relations was used as constraints in a mathematical model of banking system under the assumption of rational expectation (perfect foresight) of agents. A strong turnpike property is found: agents' optimal equilibrium plans are independent of the future information variables. The turnpike property allows reduction of bank's boundary problem to dynamic problem.
Volume (Year): (2009)
Issue (Month): 3-4 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Nakhimovsky prospekt, 32, Office 1115, 117218 Moscow Russia|
Phone: +7 495 7189855
Fax: +7 495 7189855
Web page: http://www.econorus.org/english.phtml
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Monique Florenzano & Stella Kanellopoulou & Yiannis Vailakis, 2006.
"Equilibrium of incomplete markets with money and intermediate banking system,"
Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers)
- Monique Florenzano & Stella Kanellopoulou & Yannis Vailakis, 2006. "Equilibrium of incomplete markets with money and intermediate banking system," Cahiers de la Maison des Sciences Economiques b06068, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- Carlos Gustavo Machicado, 2006.
"Liquidity Shocks and the Dollarization of a Banking System,"
Development Research Working Paper Series
09/2006, Institute for Advanced Development Studies.
- Machicado, Carlos Gustavo, 2008. "Liquidity shocks and the dollarization of a banking system," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 369-381, March.
- Diaz-Gimenez, Javier & Prescott, Edward C. & Fitzgerald, Terry & Alvarez, Fernando, 1992.
"Banking in computable general equilibrium economies,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 16(3-4), pages 533-559.
- Javier Diaz-Gimenez & Edward C. Prescott & Terry J. Fitzgerald & Fernando Alvarez, 1992. "Banking in computable general equilibrium economies," Staff Report 153, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Charles Goodhart & Pojanart Sunirand & Dimitrios P. Tsomocos, 2004.
"A time series analysis of financial fragility in the UK banking system,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
24778, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Charles Goodhart & Pojanart Sunirand & Dimitrios Tsomocos, 2006. "A Time Series Analysis of Financial Fragility in the UK Banking System," Annals of Finance, Springer, vol. 2(1), pages 1-21, January.
- Charles A.E. Goodhart & Pojanart Sunirand & Dimitrios P. Tsomocos, 2004. "A Time Series Analysis of Financial Fragility in the UK Banking System," OFRC Working Papers Series 2004fe18, Oxford Financial Research Centre.
- Dimitrios P Tsomocos, 2004. "A Time Series Analysis of Financial Fragility in the UK Banking System," Economics Series Working Papers 2004-FE-18, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nea:journl:y:2009:i:3-4:p:72-96. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alexey Tcharykov)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.