Educational achievements and social origins in Italy
Using a representative sample of the Italian population, we study the association between drop-out and social origins. We also investigate the correlations with the secondary school track chosen by those who are able to proceed further on. Given the interplay between individual school assessment and the financial situation of the family of origin, we advance proposals for the design of possible scholarship schemes capable of contrasting dropout outcomes.
Volume (Year): (2010)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sauro Mocetti, 2008.
"Educational choices and the selection process before and after compulsory schooling,"
Temi di discussione (Economic working papers)
691, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Sauro Mocetti, 2012. "Educational choices and the selection process: before and after compulsory schooling," Education Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(2), pages 189-209, February.
- repec:aia:aiaswp:wp62 is not listed on IDEAS
- O'Higgins, Shane Niall & D'Amato, Marcello & Caroleo, Floro Ernesto & Barone, Adriana, 2008.
"Gone for Good? Determinants of School Dropout in Southern Italy,"
CELPE Discussion Papers
106, CELPE - Centre of Labour Economics and Economic Policy, University of Salerno, Italy.
- Niall O'Higgins & Marcello D'Amato & Floro Ernesto Caroleo & Adriana Barone, 2007. "Gone for Good? Determinants of School Dropout in Southern Italy," Giornale degli Economisti, GDE (Giornale degli Economisti e Annali di Economia), Bocconi University, vol. 66(2), pages 207-246, July.
- O'Higgins, Niall & D'Amato, Marcello & Caroleo, Floro Ernesto & Barone, Adriana, 2008. "Gone for Good? Determinants of School Dropout in Southern Italy," IZA Discussion Papers 3292, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Sandra McNally, 2005. "Reforms to Schooling in the UK: A Review of Some Major Reforms and their Evaluation," German Economic Review, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 6(3), pages 287-296, 08.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mul:je8794:doi:10.1429/33587:y:2010:i:3:p:359-388. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.