Back to basics – good indicators for good fiscal institutions!
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Athanasios Orphanides & Simon van Norden, 2002.
"The Unreliability of Output-Gap Estimates in Real Time,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 84(4), pages 569-583, November.
- Athanasios Orphanides & Simon van Norden, 1999. "The Reliability of Output Gap Estimates in Real Time," Macroeconomics 9907006, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Athanasios Orphanides & Simon van Norden, 1999. "The reliability of output gap estimates in real time," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1999-38, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (US).
- Athanasios Orphanides & Simon Van_Norden, 2000. "The Reliability of Output Gap Estimates in Real Time," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 0768, Econometric Society.
- Athanasios Orphanides & Simon van Norden, 2001. "The Unreliability of Output Gap Estimates in Real Time," CIRANO Working Papers 2001s-57, CIRANO.
- Jonathan Portes & Simon Wren-Lewis, 2015.
"Issues in the Design of Fiscal Policy Rules,"
University of Manchester, vol. 83, pages 56-86, September.
- Simon Wren-Lewis & Jonathan Portes, 2014. "Issues in the Design of Fiscal Policy Rules," Economics Series Working Papers 704, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Portes, Jonathan & Wren-Lewis, Simon, 2014. "Issues in the design of fiscal policy rules," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 58069, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Jonathan Portes, 2014. "Issues in the Design of Fiscal Policy Rules," National Institute of Economic and Social Research (NIESR) Discussion Papers 429, National Institute of Economic and Social Research.
- Jonathan Portes & Simon Wren-Lewis, 2014. "Issues In The Design of Fiscal Policy Rules," Discussion Papers 1412, Centre for Macroeconomics (CFM).
- Ludovit Odor & Gábor P. Kiss, 2011. "The exception proves the rule? Fiscal rules in the Visegrád countries," MNB Bulletin (discontinued), Magyar Nemzeti Bank (Central Bank of Hungary), vol. 6(2), pages 25-38, June.
- de Rezende Rocha, Roberto & Saldanha, Fernando, 1992. "Fiscal and quasi - fiscal deficits, nominal and real : measurement and policy issues," Policy Research Working Paper Series 919, The World Bank.
- Gábor P. Kiss, 2007. "Pain or Gain? Short-term Budgetary Effects of Surprise Inflation - the Case of Hungary," MNB Occasional Papers 2007/61, Magyar Nemzeti Bank (Central Bank of Hungary).
- Julia Lendvai & Laurent Moulin & Alessandro Turrini, 2011. "From CAB to CAAB? Correcting Indicators of Structural Fiscal Positions for Current Account Imbalances," European Economy - Economic Papers 2008 - 2015 442, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Barro, Robert J, 1979. "On the Determination of the Public Debt," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(5), pages 940-971, October.
- Vincent Koen & Paul van den Noord, 2005. "Fiscal Gimmickry in Europe: One-Off Measures and Creative Accounting," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 417, OECD Publishing.
- Larch, Martin & Turrini, Alessandro, 2009. "The Cyclically Adjusted Budget Balance in EU Fiscal Policymaking. Love at First Sight Turned into a Mature Relationship," MPRA Paper 20594, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Cécile Denis & Kieran Mc Morrow & Werner Röger, 2002. "Production function approach to calculating potential growth and output gaps - estimates for the EU Member States and the US," European Economy - Economic Papers 2008 - 2015 176, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Marco Buti & Paul van den Noord, 2003. "Discretionary Fiscal Policy and Elections: The Experience of the Early Years of EMU," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 351, OECD Publishing.
- Morris, Richard & de Castro Fernández, Francisco & Jonk, Steven & Kremer, Jana & Linehan, Suzanne & Marino, Maria Rosaria & Schalck, Christophe & Tkačevs, Olegs, 2009. "Explaining government revenue windfalls and shortfalls: an analysis for selected EU countries," Working Paper Series 1114, European Central Bank.
- Eugen Tereanu & Anita Tuladhar & Alejandro Simone, 2014. "Structural Balance Targeting and Output Gap Uncertainty," IMF Working Papers 14/107, International Monetary Fund.
- Cheremukhin, Anton A., 2013. "Estimating the output gap in real time," Staff Papers, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, issue Dec.
- Bouthevillain, C. & Van Den Dool, G. & Langenus, G. & Mohr, M. & Momigliano, S. & Tujula, M. & De Cos, P.H. & Cour-Thimann, Philippine, 2001.
"Cyclically Adjusted Budget Balances: an Alternative Approach,"
77, Quebec a Montreal - Recherche en gestion.
- Bouthevillain, Carine & Cour-Thimann, Philippine & van de Dool, Gerrit & Hernández de Cos, Pablo & Langenus, Geert & Mohr, Matthias & Momigliano, Sandro & Tujula, Mika, 2001. "Cyclically adjusted budget balances: an alternative approach," Working Paper Series 0077, European Central Bank.
- Martin Larch & Alessandro Turrini, 2009. "The cyclically-adjusted budget balance in EU fiscal policy making : A love at first sight turned into a mature relationship," European Economy - Economic Papers 2008 - 2015 374, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Mihály Hoffmann & Gábor P. Kiss, 2010. "From those lying facts to the underlying deficit," MNB Bulletin (discontinued), Magyar Nemzeti Bank (Central Bank of Hungary), vol. 5(4), pages 7-16, December.
More about this item
Keywordsfiscal framework; fiscal indicators; cyclical adjustment; fiscal council;
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
- E62 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Fiscal Policy
- H62 - Public Economics - - National Budget, Deficit, and Debt - - - Deficit; Surplus
- H63 - Public Economics - - National Budget, Deficit, and Debt - - - Debt; Debt Management; Sovereign Debt
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mnb:finrev:v:13:y:2014:i:4:p:127-153. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Morvay Endre). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/mnbgvhu.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.