Credit Default Swap (Cds) Spreads: The Analysis Of Time Series For The Interaction With The Interest Rates And The Growth In Turkish Economy
This text is for the relation between credit default swap (CDS) spreads and some chosen macro economic data in Turkish economy. Credit default swap spread as an insurance spread is the most important sign for the solvency of the debitors in that country about the securities that public sector and companies export in an economy. Thus, the decisions of investors for the investment feasibility related to economy are based on the information that was supplied by these spreads. Therefore, the credit default swap spreads have become a kind of reliability index. Moreover, they have become an information source about the general view of economy except the investee securities. In this study, the relation between the interest rates of CDS spreads and GDP is determined over time.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Barry Eichengreen & Ashoka Mody & Milan Nedeljkovic & Lucio Sarno, 2012.
"How the Subprime Crisis Went Global: Evidence from Bank Credit Default Swap Spreads,"
21, National Bank of Serbia.
- Eichengreen, Barry & Mody, Ashoka & Nedeljkovic, Milan & Sarno, Lucio, 2012. "How the Subprime Crisis went global: Evidence from bank credit default swap spreads," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 1299-1318.
- Barry Eichengreen & Ashoka Mody & Milan Nedeljkovic & Lucio Sarno, 2009. "How the Subprime Crisis Went Global: Evidence from Bank Credit Default Swap Spreads," NBER Working Papers 14904, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Afonso, António & Furceri, Davide & Gomes, Pedro, 2011.
"Sovereign credit ratings and financial markets linkages: application to European data,"
Working Paper Series
1347, European Central Bank.
- Afonso, António & Furceri, Davide & Gomes, Pedro, 2012. "Sovereign credit ratings and financial markets linkages: Application to European data," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 606-638.
- António Afonso & Davide Furceri & Pedro Gomes, 2011. "Sovereign credit ratings and financial markets linkages: application to European data," Working Papers Department of Economics 2011/14, ISEG - School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, University of Lisbon.
- Liu, Yang & Morley, Bruce, 2011.
"Sovereign Credit Default Swaps and the Macroeconomy,"
Department of Economics Working Papers
24071, University of Bath, Department of Economics.
- Yang Liu & Bruce Morley, 2012. "Sovereign credit default swaps and the macroeconomy," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(2), pages 129-132, February.
- Francis A. Longstaff & Jun Pan & Lasse H. Pedersen & Kenneth J. Singleton, 2007.
"How Sovereign is Sovereign Credit Risk?,"
NBER Working Papers
13658, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fabozzi, Frank J. & Cheng, Xiaolin & Chen, Ren-Raw, 2007. "Exploring the components of credit risk in credit default swaps," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 10-18, March.
- Tang, Dragon Yongjun & Yan, Hong, 2008.
"Market conditions, default risk and credit spreads,"
Discussion Paper Series 2: Banking and Financial Studies
2008,08, Deutsche Bundesbank, Research Centre.
- Tang, Dragon Yongjun & Yan, Hong, 2010. "Market conditions, default risk and credit spreads," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 743-753, April.
- Christopher F Baum & Chi Wan, 2009.
"Macroeconomic Uncertainty and Credit Default Swap Spreads,"
Boston College Working Papers in Economics
724, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 03 Mar 2010.
- Christopher Baum & Chi Wan, 2010. "Macroeconomic uncertainty and credit default swap spreads," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(15), pages 1163-1171.
- Manmohan Singh & Jochen R. Andritzky, 2006. "The Pricing of Credit Default Swaps During Distress," IMF Working Papers 06/254, International Monetary Fund.
- Robert J. Shiller, 2005.
"Behavioral Economics and Institutional Innovation,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
1499, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Helmut Reisen & Julia Maltzan, 1998.
"Sovereign credit ratings, emerging market risk and financial market volatility,"
Intereconomics- Review of European Economic Policy,
Springer;German National Library of Economics;Centre for European Policy Studies (CEPS), vol. 33(2), pages 73-82, March.
- Reisen, Helmut & von Maltzan, Julia, 1998. "Sovereign credit ratings, emerging market risk and financial market volatility," HWWA Discussion Papers 55, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWA).
- Ismailescu, Iuliana & Kazemi, Hossein, 2010. "The reaction of emerging market credit default swap spreads to sovereign credit rating changes," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(12), pages 2861-2873, December.
- Kurmas Akdogan & Meltem Gulenay Chadwick, 2012. "CDS-Bono Farki ve Duzeltme Hareketi," CBT Research Notes in Economics 1201, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey.
- Stephan Dieckmann & Thomas Plank, 2012. "Default Risk of Advanced Economies: An Empirical Analysis of Credit Default Swaps during the Financial Crisis," Review of Finance, European Finance Association, vol. 16(4), pages 903-934.
- Cao, Charles & Yu, Fan & Zhong, Zhaodong, 2010. "The information content of option-implied volatility for credit default swap valuation," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 321-343, August.
- Skinner, Frank S. & Townend, Timothy G., 2002. "An empirical analysis of credit default swaps," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 297-309.
- Granger, C W J, 1969. "Investigating Causal Relations by Econometric Models and Cross-Spectral Methods," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 37(3), pages 424-38, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mje:mjejnl:v:10:y:2014:i:1:p:59-66. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Eryk Wdowiak)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.