Pay Inequality in Turkey in the Neo-Liberal Era, 1980-2001
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Galbraith, James K. & Spagnolo, Laura T. & Pinto, Sergio, 2007. "Economic Inequality and Political Power: A Comparative Analysis of Argentina and Brazil," Business and Politics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 9(1), pages 1-23, April.
- James K. Galbraith & Hyunsub Kum, 2005. "Estimating The Inequality Of Household Incomes: A Statistical Approach To The Creation Of A Dense And Consistent Global Data Set," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 51(1), pages 115-143, March.
- A. Erinc Yeldan, 2000.
"The Impact of Financial Liberalization and the Rise of Financial Rents on Income Inequality: The Case of Turkey,"
WIDER Working Paper Series
wp-2000-206, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Yeldan, A.E., 2000. "The Impact of Financial Liberalization and the Rise of Financial Rents on Income Inequality: The Case of Turkey," Research Paper 206, World Institute for Development Economics Research.
- Yeldan, A. Erinc, 2000. "The Impact of Financial Liberalization and the Rise of Financial Rents on Income Inequality The Case of Turkey," WIDER Working Papers 295538, United Nations University, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Galbraith James K & Spagnolo Laura T & Pinto Sergio, 2007. "Economic Inequality and Political Power: A Comparative Analysis of Argentina and Brazil," Business and Politics, De Gruyter, vol. 9(1), pages 1-25, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Adem Y. Elveren, 2012. "Military Spending and Income Inequality:Evidence on Cointegration and Causality for Turkey,1963--2007," Defence and Peace Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(3), pages 289-301, April.
- Adem Yavuz Elveren, 2015. "The Impact of the Informal Employment on the Social Security Deficits in Turkey," World Journal of Applied Economics, WERI-World Economic Research Institute, vol. 1(1), pages 3-19, June.
- Gurleen Popli & Okan Yılmaz, 2017. "Educational Attainment and Wage Inequality in Turkey," LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 31(1), pages 73-104, March.
- Ünal Töngür & Adem Yavuz Elveren, 2016. "The impact of military spending and income inequality on economic growth in Turkey," Defence and Peace Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 27(3), pages 433-452, June.
- Emre Toros & Seyit Cilasun & Aykut Toros, 2018. "Social and Economic Indicators of Household Income in Turkey: Does Ethnicity Matter?," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 140(1), pages 191-208, November.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- James Galbraith, 2009. "Inequality, unemployment and growth: New measures for old controversies," The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 7(2), pages 189-206, June.
- James K. Galbraith, 2019. "Sparse, Inconsistent and Unreliable: Tax Records and the World Inequality Report 2018," Development and Change, International Institute of Social Studies, vol. 50(2), pages 329-346, March.
- Haile, Daniel & Sadrieh, Abdolkarim & Verbon, Harrie A.A., 2008.
"Self-serving dictators and economic growth,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 67(3-4), pages 573-586, September.
- Daniel Haile & Abdolkarim Sadrieh & Harrie A. A Verbon, 2003. "Self-Serving Dictators and Economic Growth," CESifo Working Paper Series 1105, CESifo.
- Haile, D. & Sadrieh, A. & Verbon, H.A.A., 2003. "Self-Serving Dictators and Economic Growth," Other publications TiSEM dd0c1786-21e1-4383-8ac1-f, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Haile, D. & Sadrieh, A. & Verbon, H.A.A., 2003. "Self-Serving Dictators and Economic Growth," Discussion Paper 2003-120, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Matthew Abrena & Gerald Epstein & Dorothy Power, 2003. "Trends In The Rentier Income Share In OECD Countries, 1960-2000," Working Papers wp58a, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Meschi, Elena & Taymaz, Erol & Vivarelli, Marco, 2011.
"Trade, technology and skills: Evidence from Turkish microdata,"
Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(S1), pages 60-70.
- Elena Meschi & Erol Taymaz & Marco Vivarelli, 2009. "Trade, Technology and Skills: Evidence from Turkish Microdata," Jena Economic Research Papers 2009-097, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Elena Meschi & Erol Taymaz & Marco Vivarelli, 2010. "Trade, Technology And Skills: Evidence From Turkish Microdata," DISCE - Quaderni del Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali dises1062, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Dipartimenti e Istituti di Scienze Economiche (DISCE).
- Jordi Guilera, 2011. "Extending the Kuznets Curve," Working Papers in Economics 257, Universitat de Barcelona. Espai de Recerca en Economia.
- Oner Guncavdi & Suat Kucukciftci, 2011. "Openness to trade and structural changes in the sources of economic growth and labour demand in Turkey," EconoQuantum, Revista de Economia y Finanzas, Universidad de Guadalajara, Centro Universitario de Ciencias Economico Administrativas, Departamento de Metodos Cuantitativos y Maestria en Economia., vol. 8(1), pages 7-34, Julio-Dic.
- Tausch, Arno, 2009. "Ist die Globalisierung fit für das soziale Europa? [Is Globalization fit for Social Europe?]," MPRA Paper 14264, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Paolo Figini & Holger Go¨rg, 2011.
"Does Foreign Direct Investment Affect Wage Inequality? An Empirical Investigation,"
The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 34(9), pages 1455-1475, September.
- Figini, Paolo & Görg, Holger, 2006. "Does Foreign Direct Investment Affect Wage Inequality? An Empirical Investigation," IZA Discussion Papers 2336, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Paolo Figini & Holger Görg, 2007. "Does foreign direct investment affect wage inequality? An empirical investigation," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp186, IIIS.
- James Galbraith & Enrique Garcilazo, 2005. "Pay Inequality in Europe 1995-2000: Convergence Between Countries and Stability Inside," European Journal of Comparative Economics, Cattaneo University (LIUC), vol. 2(2), pages 139-175, December.
- Stephanie Seguino, 2005.
"All Types of Inequality are Not Created Equal: Divergent Impacts of Inequality on Economic Growth,"
Economics Working Paper Archive
wp_433, Levy Economics Institute.
- Stephanie Seguino, 2005. "All types of inequality are not created equal: divergent impacts of inequality on economic growth," Working Papers 10, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, revised Oct 2005.
- Cummings, Ronald G. & Martinez-Vazquez, Jorge & McKee, Michael & Torgler, Benno, 2009. "Tax morale affects tax compliance: Evidence from surveys and an artefactual field experiment," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 70(3), pages 447-457, June.
- Torgler, Benno, 2011. "Tax morale and compliance : review of evidence and case studies for Europe," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5922, The World Bank.
- Tonæi Svilokos & Ivan Burin, 2017. "Financialization and its impact on processof deindustrialization in the EU," Zbornik radova Ekonomskog fakulteta u Rijeci/Proceedings of Rijeka Faculty of Economics, University of Rijeka, Faculty of Economics and Business, vol. 35(2), pages 583-610.
- Benedikt Goderis & Samuel W. Malone, 2011.
"Natural Resource Booms and Inequality: Theory and Evidence,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 113(2), pages 388-417, June.
- Benedikt Goderis & Samuel W. Malone, 2008. "Natural Resource Booms and Inequality: Theory and Evidence," OxCarre Working Papers 008, Oxford Centre for the Analysis of Resource Rich Economies, University of Oxford.
- Benedikt Goderis & Samuel W. Malone, 2008. "Natural Resource Boom and Inequality: Theory and Evidence," CSAE Working Paper Series 2008-11, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Goderis, Benedikt & Malone, Samuel W., 2009. "Natural Resource Booms and Inequality: Theory and Evidence," MPRA Paper 17317, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Saniye Dedeoğlu, 2010. "Visible Hands - Invisible Women: Garment Production in Turkey," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(4), pages 1-32.
- Arnaud Lefranc & Nicolas Pistolesi & Alain Trannoy, 2008.
"Inequality Of Opportunities Vs. Inequality Of Outcomes: Are Western Societies All Alike?,"
Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 54(4), pages 513-546, December.
- Lefranc, A. & Pistolesi, Nicolas & Trannoy, Alain, 2005. "Inequality of opportunities vs inequality of outcomes: are western societies all alike?," ISER Working Paper Series 2005-15, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Arnaud Lefranc & Nicolas Pistolesi & Alain Trannoy, 2006. "Inequality of opportunities vs. inequality of outcomes: Are Western societies all alike?," Working Papers 54, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Hugo Rojas-Romagosa & J.F. Francois, 2008. "Reassessing the relationship between inequality and development," CPB Discussion Paper 107, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Guncavdi, Oner & Kucukcifci, Suat, 2008. "Openness to Trade and Structural Changes in the Sources of Economic Growth and Labour Demand in Turkey," MPRA Paper 9624, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- David Warner & Prasada Rao & William E. Griffiths & Duangkamon Chotikapanich, 2011. "Global Inequality: Levels and Trends, 1993-2005," Discussion Papers Series 436, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
More about this item
KeywordsTurkey; Inequality; Provinces; Sectors;
All these keywords.
- C32 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes; State Space Models
- D39 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Other
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:liu:liucej:v:6:y:2009:i:2:p:177-206. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/liuccit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Piero Cavaleri (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/liuccit.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.