Spatial disparities across the regions of Turkey: an exploratory spatial data analysis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ferhan Gezici & Geoffrey J. D. Hewings, 2007.
"Spatial Analysis of Regional Inequalities in Turkey,"
European Planning Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(3), pages 383-403, April.
- Ferhan Gezici & Geoffrey Hewings, 2003. "Spatial Analysis of Regional Inequalities in Turkey," ERSA conference papers ersa03p99, European Regional Science Association.
- Luc Anselin & Sanjeev Sridharan & Susan Gholston, 2007. "Using Exploratory Spatial Data Analysis to Leverage Social Indicator Databases: The Discovery of Interesting Patterns," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 82(2), pages 287-309, June.
- Roberto Ezcurra & Belen Iraizoz & Pedro Pascual & Manuel Rapun, 2008. "Spatial disparities in the European agriculture: a regional analysis," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(13), pages 1669-1684.
- Magalhães, André & Hewings, Geoffrey J.D. & Azzoni, Carlos R., 2005. "Spatial Dependence and Regional Convergence in Brazil," INVESTIGACIONES REGIONALES - Journal of REGIONAL RESEARCH, Asociación Española de Ciencia Regional, issue 6, pages 5-20.
- Julide Yıldırım & Nadir Öcal, 2006. "Income Inequality and Economic Convergence in Turkey," Transition Studies Review, Springer;Central Eastern European University Network (CEEUN), vol. 13(3), pages 559-568, October.
- Nikolay Nenovsky & S. Statev, 2006. "Introduction," Post-Print halshs-00260898, HAL.
- Roberto Ezcurra & Pedro Pascual & Manuel Rapún, 2007. "Spatial disparities in the European Union: an analysis of regional polarization," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 41(2), pages 401-429, June.
- Mete Feridun & Selami Sezgin, 2008.
"Regional Underdevelopment And Terrorism: The Case Of South Eastern Turkey,"
Defence and Peace Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(3), pages 225-233.
- Feridun, Mete & Sezgin, Selami, 2008. "Regional underdevelopment and terrorism: The case of south eastern Turkey," Greenwich Papers in Political Economy 7921, University of Greenwich, Greenwich Political Economy Research Centre.
- Ozturk, Ilhan, 2002. "Economic and social issues of east and southeast turkey: policy implications," MPRA Paper 1582, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Murat G. Kırdar & D. Şirin Saracoğlu, 2008.
"Migration and regional convergence: An empirical investigation for Turkey,"
Papers in Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 87(4), pages 545-566, November.
- Kirdar, Murat & Saracoglu, Sirin, 2007. "Migration and Regional Convergence: An Empirical Investigation for Turkey," MPRA Paper 2648, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Paul Voss & David Long & Roger Hammer & Samantha Friedman, 2006. "County child poverty rates in the US: a spatial regression approach," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer;Southern Demographic Association (SDA), vol. 25(4), pages 369-391, August.
- Sergio Rey & Brett Montouri, 1999. "US Regional Income Convergence: A Spatial Econometric Perspective," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(2), pages 143-156.
- Orhan Karaca, 2004. "Türkiye’de Bölgelerarasý Gelir Farklýlýklarý: Yakýnsama Var mý?," Working Papers 2004/7, Turkish Economic Association.
- M. Ruth & K. Donaghy & P. Kirshen, 2006. "Introduction," Chapters, in: Matthias Ruth & Kieran Donaghy & Paul Kirshen (ed.), Regional Climate Change and Variability, chapter 1, Edward Elgar Publishing.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Davide Luca & Andrés Rodríguez-Pose, 2014.
"Electoral politics and regional development: assessing the geographical allocation of public investment in Turkey,"
Working Papers. Collection A: Public economics, governance and decentralization
1402, Universidade de Vigo, GEN - Governance and Economics research Network.
- Luca, Davide & Rodriguez-Pose, Andres, 2014. "Electoral politics and regional development: assessing the geographical allocation of public investment in Turkey," CEPR Discussion Papers 10043, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ahmed, Sofia, 2011. "Does economic geography matter for Pakistan? a spatial exploratory analysis of income and education inequalities," MPRA Paper 35062, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ayse Ozden Birkan & Serpil Kahraman Akdogu, 2016. "The geography of financial intermediation in Turkey: 1988–2013," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 57(1), pages 31-61, July.
- Ertan Oktay & Giray Gozgor, 2013.
"Trade And Regional Development In A Developing Country: The Case Of Turkey,"
Review of Urban & Regional Development Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(3), pages 201-212, November.
- Ertan Oktay & Giray Gozgor, 2011. "Trade and Regional Development in A Developing Country: The Case of Turkey," ERSA conference papers ersa11p890, European Regional Science Association.
- Burhan Can Karahasan & Firat Bilgel, 2018. "Economic Geography, Growth Dynamics and Human Capital Accumulation in Turkey: Evidence from Regional and Micro Data," Working Papers 1233, Economic Research Forum, revised 10 Oct 2018.
- Burhan Can Karahasan & Fatma Dogruel & Ali Suut Dogruel, 2016. "Can Market Potential Explain Regional Disparities in Developing Countries? Evidence from Turkey," The Developing Economies, Institute of Developing Economies, vol. 54(2), pages 162-197, June.
- Wenze Yue & Yuntang Zhang & Xinyue Ye & Yeqing Cheng & Mark R. Leipnik, 2014. "Dynamics of Multi-Scale Intra-Provincial Regional Inequality in Zhejiang, China," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(9), pages 1-22, August.
- Burhan Can Karahasan, 2014. "The Spatial Distribution Of New Firms:Can Peripheral Areas Escape From The Curse Of Remoteness?," Romanian Journal of Regional Science, Romanian Regional Science Association, vol. 8(2), pages 1-28, DECEMBER.
- repec:bla:tvecsg:v:107:y:2016:i:5:p:596-610 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yong Luo & Hui Yu & Siyuan Liu & Yuting Liang & Shaoquan Liu, 2019. "Spatial Heterogeneity and Coupling of Economy and Population Gravity Centres in the Hengduan Mountains," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(6), pages 1-16, March.
- Davide Luca & Andrés Rodríguez-Pose, 2015. "Distributive Politics and Regional Development: Assessing the Territorial Distribution of Turkey's Public Investment," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 51(11), pages 1518-1540, November.
- Ahmet Kýndap & Tayyar Dogan, 2019. "Regional Economic Convergence and Spatial Spillovers in Turkey," International Econometric Review (IER), Econometric Research Association, vol. 11(1), pages 1-23, April.
- Novotná Marie & Šlehoferová Marta & Matušková Alena, 2016. "Evaluation of spatial differentiation in the Pilsen region from a socioeconomic perspective," Bulletin of Geography. Socio-economic Series, Sciendo, vol. 34(34), pages 73-90, December.
- Jifei Zhang & Wei Deng, 2016. "Multiscale Spatio-Temporal Dynamics of Economic Development in an Interprovincial Boundary Region: Junction Area of Tibetan Plateau, Hengduan Mountain, Yungui Plateau and Sichuan Basin, Southwestern C," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(3), pages 1-18, February.
- Fırat GÜNDEM, 2017. "Türkiye’de İBBS 2 Bölgeleri Arasında Gelir Yakınsaması Var mıdır? Mekânsal Ekonometrik Bir Katkı," Sosyoekonomi Journal, Sosyoekonomi Society, issue 25(34).
- Davide Luca, 2013. "Regional development goals and distributive politics in the allocation of Turkey's central investments: socioeconomic criteria, parties and legislators' personal networks," ERSA conference papers ersa13p981, European Regional Science Association.
- Irfan Kaygalak & Neil Reid, 2016. "Innovation and knowledge spillovers in Turkey: The role of geographic and organizational proximity," Regional Science Policy & Practice, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(1-2), pages 45-60, March.
- Umut Erdem, 2016. "Regional Human Capital Distribution And Disparities In Turkey," Review of Urban & Regional Development Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(1), pages 16-31, March.
More about this item
KeywordsO18; R11; R58;
- O18 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Urban, Rural, Regional, and Transportation Analysis; Housing; Infrastructure
- R11 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Regional Economic Activity: Growth, Development, Environmental Issues, and Changes
- R58 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Regional Development Planning and Policy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:anresc:v:45:y:2010:i:2:p:379-400. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.