Urban growth and territorial dynamics in Spain (1985-2001): A spatial econometrics analysis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Enrique López-Bazo & Esther Vayá & Manuel Artís, 2004. "Regional Externalities And Growth: Evidence From European Regions," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(1), pages 43-73.
- Olivier Thomas, 2001. "A few evidences about the current growth of French cities," ERSA conference papers ersa01p4, European Regional Science Association.
- Paul Cheshire & G. Carbonaro, 1996. "Urban Economic Growth in Europe: Testing Theory and Policy Prescriptions," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 33(7), pages 1111-1128, August.
- Durlauf, Steven N & Johnson, Paul A, 1995.
"Multiple Regimes and Cross-Country Growth Behaviour,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(4), pages 365-384, Oct.-Dec..
- Durlauf, S.N. & Johnson, P.A., 1994. "Multiple Regimes and Cross-Country Growth Behavior," Working papers 9419, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Durlauf, S.M. & Johnson, P.A., 1995. "Multiple Regimes and Cross-Country Growth Behavior," Working papers 9419r, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Magalhães, André & Hewings, Geoffrey J.D. & Azzoni, Carlos R., 2005. "Spatial Dependence and Regional Convergence in Brazil," INVESTIGACIONES REGIONALES - Journal of REGIONAL RESEARCH, Asociación Española de Ciencia Regional, issue 6, pages 5-20.
- Henderson, Vernon & Kuncoro, Ari & Turner, Matt, 1995. "Industrial Development in Cities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 103(5), pages 1067-1090, October.
- Claudia Stirboeck, 2003. "Comparing Sectoral Investment and Employment Specialisation of EU Regions: A Spatial Econometric Analysis," ERSA conference papers ersa03p259, European Regional Science Association.
- Joan Trullén & Josep Lladós & Rafael Boix, 2002. "Economía del conocimiento, ciudad y competitividad," Working Papers wp0207, Department of Applied Economics at Universitat Autonoma of Barcelona.
- Glaeser, Edward L & Hedi D. Kallal & Jose A. Scheinkman & Andrei Shleifer, 1992.
"Growth in Cities,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(6), pages 1126-1152, December.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Hedi D. Kallal & Jose A. Scheinkman & Andrei Shleifer, 1991. "Growth in Cities," NBER Working Papers 3787, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Glaeser, Edward Ludwig & Kallal, Hedi D. & Scheinkman, Jose A. & Shleifer, Andrei, 1992. "Growth in Cities," Scholarly Articles 3451309, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Robert J. Barro & Xavier Sala-i-Martin, 1990. "Economic Growth and Convergence across The United States," NBER Working Papers 3419, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ana Goicolea & José A. Herce & Juan J. De Lucio, "undated". "Regional integration and growth: The Spanish case," Working Papers 98-14, FEDEA.
- Sergio Rey & Brett Montouri, 1999. "US Regional Income Convergence: A Spatial Econometric Perspective," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(2), pages 143-156.
- Henderson, J. Vernon, 1986. "Efficiency of resource usage and city size," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 47-70, January.
- Maria Amparo Toral, 2001. "Regional growth and convergence in the Spanish Provinces," ERSA conference papers ersa01p193, European Regional Science Association.
- Johnson, Paul & Takeyama, Lisa N., 2001. "Convergence Among the U.S. States: Absolute, Conditional, or Club?," Vassar College Department of Economics Working Paper Series 50, Vassar College Department of Economics, revised Oct 2003.
- Venables, Anthony J, 1996. "Localization of Industry and Trade Performance," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 12(3), pages 52-60, Autumn.
- Audretsch, David B, 1998.
"Agglomeration and the Location of Innovative Activity,"
Oxford Review of Economic Policy,
Oxford University Press, vol. 14(2), pages 18-29, Summer.
- Audretsch, David B, 1998. "Agglomeration and the Location of Innovative Activity," CEPR Discussion Papers 1974, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chasco, Coro & López, Ana María, 2008. "Evolution of the influence of geography on the location of production in Spain (1930-2005)," MPRA Paper 9580, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsUrban growth; Spanish cities; conditional ƒÒ-convergence; endogeneity; Durbin-Wu-Haussman; spatial autocorrelation; spatial heterogeneity; convergence clubs;
- C21 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Cross-Sectional Models; Spatial Models; Treatment Effect Models
- C31 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Cross-Sectional Models; Spatial Models; Treatment Effect Models; Quantile Regressions; Social Interaction Models
- C51 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Construction and Estimation
- O18 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Urban, Rural, Regional, and Transportation Analysis; Housing; Infrastructure
- R11 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Regional Economic Activity: Growth, Development, Environmental Issues, and Changes
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-11-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-GEO-2004-11-22 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-URE-2004-11-22 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpur:0411003. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: http://econwpa.repec.org .