Regional convergence in Turkey: the role of government in economic environment augmenting activities
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Robert J. Barro, 2013. "Inflation and Economic Growth," Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 14(1), pages 121-144, May.
- Douglas Holtz-Eakin & Amy Schwartz, 1995.
"Spatial productivity spillovers from public infrastructure: Evidence from state highways,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 2(3), pages 459-468, October.
- Douglas Holtz-Eakin & Amy Ellen Schwartz, 1995. "Spatial Productivity Spillovers from Public Infrastructure: Evidence from State Highways," NBER Working Papers 5004, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Julide Yıldırım & Nadir Öcal, 2006. "Income Inequality and Economic Convergence in Turkey," Transition Studies Review, Springer;Central Eastern European University Network (CEEUN), vol. 13(3), pages 559-568, October.
- Temel, T. & Tansel, A. & Gungor, N.D., 2005. "Convergence of Sectoral Productivity in Turkish Provinces: A Markov Chains Model," International Journal of Applied Econometrics and Quantitative Studies, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 2(2), pages 65-84.
- Martin, Philippe & Rogers, Carol Ann, 1997.
"Stabilization Policy, Learning-by-Doing, and Economic Growth,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 49(2), pages 152-166, April.
- Martin, Philippe & Rogers, Carol Ann, 1995. "Stabilization Policy, Learning by Doing, and Economic Growth," CEPR Discussion Papers 1130, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- David B. Audretsch & Oliver Falck & Stephan Heblich, 2007. "Itâ€™s All in Marshall: The Impact of External Economies on Regional Dynamics," CESifo Working Paper Series 2094, CESifo Group Munich.
- Abigail Barr, 1995. "The missing factor: entrepreneurial networks, enterprises and economic growth in Ghana," CSAE Working Paper Series 1995-11, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Xavier Sala-I-Martin, 1997. "Transfers, Social Safety Nets, and Economic Growth," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 44(1), pages 81-102, March.
- Orhan Karaca, 2004. "Türkiye’de Bölgelerarasý Gelir Farklýlýklarý: Yakýnsama Var mý?," Working Papers 2004/7, Turkish Economic Association.
- Sirin Saracoglu & Murat G. Kirdar, 2006. "Does Internal Migration Lead to Faster Regional Convergence in Turkey? an Empirical Investigation," ERSA conference papers ersa06p784, European Regional Science Association.
- Peter Arbo & Heikki Eskelinen, 2003. "The Role of Small, Comprehensive Universities in Regional Economic Development: Experiences from Two Nordic cases," ERSA conference papers ersa03p530, European Regional Science Association.
- Yamaguchi, Katsuhiro, 2007. "Inter-regional air transport accessibility and macro-economic performance in Japan," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 247-258, May.
- Wei-Bin Zhang & Charlie Karlsson, 2001. "The role of universities in regional development Endogenous human capital and growth in a two-region model," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 35(2), pages 179-197.
- Altan Aldan & Esma Gaygisiz, 2006. "Convergence Across Provinces of Turkey : A Spatial Analysis," Working Papers 0609, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Luca, Davide & Rodriguez-Pose, Andres, 2014.
"Electoral politics and regional development: assessing the geographical allocation of public investment in Turkey,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
10043, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Davide Luca & Andrés Rodríguez-Pose, 2014. "Electoral politics and regional development: assessing the geographical allocation of public investment in Turkey," Working Papers. Collection A: Public economics, governance and decentralization 1402, Universidade de Vigo, GEN - Governance and Economics research Network.
- repec:bpj:rmeecf:v:13:y:2017:i:1:p:14:n:4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Davide Luca, 2013. "Regional development goals and distributive politics in the allocation of Turkey's central investments: socioeconomic criteria, parties and legislators' personal networks," ERSA conference papers ersa13p981, European Regional Science Association.
More about this item
KeywordsRegional convergence; role of government; effects of universities; panel-data modeling; Turkey;
- R58 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Regional Development Planning and Policy
- O18 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Urban, Rural, Regional, and Transportation Analysis; Housing; Infrastructure
- R11 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Regional Economic Activity: Growth, Development, Environmental Issues, and Changes
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-11-01 (All new papers)
- NEP-ARA-2011-11-01 (MENA - Middle East & North Africa)
- NEP-CWA-2011-11-01 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-GEO-2011-11-01 (Economic Geography)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:34271. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .