Hierarchical ordering of nests in a joint mode and destination choice model
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- A S Fotheringham, 1986. "Modelling Hierarchical Destination Choice," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 18(3), pages 401-418, March.
- Debrezion, Ghebreegziabiher & Pels, Eric & Rietveld, Piet, 2009.
"Modelling the joint access mode and railway station choice,"
Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 270-283, January.
- Ghebreegziabiher Debrezion & Eric Pels & Piet Rietveld, 2007. "Modelling the Joint Access Mode and Railway Station Choice," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 07-012/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Bowman, J. L. & Ben-Akiva, M. E., 2001. "Activity-based disaggregate travel demand model system with activity schedules," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 1-28, January.
- A S Fotheringham, 1983. "Some Theoretical Aspects of Destination Choice and Their Relevance to Production-Constrained Gravity Models," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 15(8), pages 1121-1132, August.
- Hensher, David A, 1986. "Sequential and Full Information Maximum Likelihood Estimation of a Nested Logit Model," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 68(4), pages 657-667, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Friman, Margareta & Fujii, Satoshi & Ettema, Dick & Gärling, Tommy & Olsson, Lars E., 2013. "Psychometric analysis of the satisfaction with travel scale," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 132-145.
- Berjisian, Elmira & Habibian, Meeghat, 2019. "Developing a pedestrian destination choice model using the stratified importance sampling method," Journal of Transport Geography, Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 39-47.
- Huang, Arthur & Levinson, David, 2017.
"A model of two-destination choice in trip chains with GPS data,"
Journal of choice modelling, Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 51-62.
- Arthur (Yan) Huang & David Levinson, 2016. "A model of two-destination choice in trip chains with GPS data," Working Papers 000145, University of Minnesota: Nexus Research Group.
- Ahmed, Tanjeeb & Hyland, Michael & Sarma, Navjyoth J.S. & Mitra, Suman & Ghaffar, Arash, 2020. "Quantifying the employment accessibility benefits of shared automated vehicle mobility services: Consumer welfare approach using logsums," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 141(C), pages 221-247.
- Bai, Xiwen & Lam, Jasmine Siu Lee, 2019. "A destination choice model for very large gas carriers (VLGC) loading from the US Gulf," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 174(C), pages 1267-1275.
- Bhat, Chandra R., 2015. "A comprehensive dwelling unit choice model accommodating psychological constructs within a search strategy for consideration set formation," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 79(C), pages 161-188.
- Ettema, Dick & Friman, Margareta & Gärling, Tommy & Olsson, Lars E. & Fujii, Satoshi, 2012. "How in-vehicle activities affect work commuters’ satisfaction with public transport," Journal of Transport Geography, Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 215-222.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Ho, Chinh Q. & Hensher, David A., 2016. "A workplace choice model accounting for spatial competition and agglomeration effects," Journal of Transport Geography, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 193-203.
- T.R.L. Fry & R.D. Brooks & Br. Comley & J. Zhang, 1993. "Economic Motivations for Limited Dependent and Qualitative Variable Models," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 69(2), pages 193-205, June.
- Frey, Rainer & Hussinger, Katrin, 2006.
"The role of technology in M&As: a firm-level comparison of cross-border and domestic deals,"
Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies
2006,45, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Frey, Rainer & Hussinger, Katrin, 2006. "The Role of Technology in M&As: A Firm Level Comparison of Cross-Border and Domestic Deals," ZEW Discussion Papers 06-069, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Wen, Chieh-Hua & Wang, Wei-Chung & Fu, Chiang, 2012. "Latent class nested logit model for analyzing high-speed rail access mode choice," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 545-554.
- Marisa Elena Domino & David S. Salkever, 2003. "Price elasticity and pharmaceutical selection: the influence of managed care," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(7), pages 565-586, July.
- Franco, Patrizia & Johnston, Ryan & McCormick, Ecaterina, 2020. "Demand responsive transport: Generation of activity patterns from mobile phone network data to support the operation of new mobility services," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 131(C), pages 244-266.
- de Luca, Stefano, 2012. "Modelling airport choice behaviour for direct flights, connecting flights and different travel plans," Journal of Transport Geography, Elsevier, vol. 22(C), pages 148-163.
- Ho, Chinh Q. & Hensher, David A. & Ellison, Richard, 2017. "Endogenous treatment of residential location choices in transport and land use models: Introducing the MetroScan framework," Journal of Transport Geography, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 120-131.
- José Miguel Navarro-Azorín & Andrés Artal-Tur, 2017. "How much does urban location matter for growth?," European Planning Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 25(2), pages 298-313, February.
- Gitlesen, Jens Petter & Thorsen, Inge, 1999. "An Empirical Evaluation of how commuting flows respond to new road connections and Toll Charges," ERSA conference papers ersa99pa107, European Regional Science Association.
- Zgheib, Najib & Abou-Zeid, Maya & Kaysi, Isam, 2020. "Modeling demand for ridesourcing as feeder for high capacity mass transit systems with an application to the planned Beirut BRT," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 138(C), pages 70-91.
- Brey, Raúl & Walker, Joan L., 2011. "Latent temporal preferences: An application to airline travel," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 45(9), pages 880-895, November.
- Ipek Sener & Chandra Bhat, 2012. "Modeling the spatial and temporal dimensions of recreational activity participation with a focus on physical activities," Transportation, Springer, vol. 39(3), pages 627-656, May.
- Siripirote, Treerapot & Sumalee, Agachai & Ho, H.W. & Lam, William H.K., 2015. "Statistical approach for activity-based model calibration based on plate scanning and traffic counts data," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 280-300.
- Cantelmo, Guido & Qurashi, Moeid & Prakash, A. Arun & Antoniou, Constantinos & Viti, Francesco, 2020. "Incorporating trip chaining within online demand estimation," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 132(C), pages 171-187.
- Weliwitiya, Hesara & Rose, Geoffrey & Johnson, Marilyn, 2019. "Bicycle train intermodality: Effects of demography, station characteristics and the built environment," Journal of Transport Geography, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 395-404.
- Grosche, Tobias & Rothlauf, Franz & Heinzl, Armin, 2007. "Gravity models for airline passenger volume estimation," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 175-183.
- Mohammad Hesam Hafezi & Lei Liu & Hugh Millward, 2019. "A time-use activity-pattern recognition model for activity-based travel demand modeling," Transportation, Springer, vol. 46(4), pages 1369-1394, August.
- Dong, Xiaojing & Ben-Akiva, Moshe E. & Bowman, John L. & Walker, Joan L., 2006. "Moving from trip-based to activity-based measures of accessibility," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 163-180, February.
- John Stillwell, 2005. "Inter-regional migration modelling - a review and assessment," ERSA conference papers ersa05p770, European Regional Science Association.
More about this item
KeywordsDiscrete choice models; Mode choice; Destination choice; Demand; Elasticity; Hierarchical nesting; Integrated models;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:transp:v:37:y:2010:i:4:p:677-688. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.