The extent of informational efficiency in the credit default swap market: evidence from post-earnings announcement returns
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Berger, Allen N. & Bouwman, Christa H.S., 2013. "How does capital affect bank performance during financial crises?," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 109(1), pages 146-176.
- Kenneth Lorek & G. Willinger, 2009. "New evidence pertaining to the prediction of operating cash flows," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, pages 1-15.
- Kapadia, Nikunj & Pu, Xiaoling, 2012. "Limited arbitrage between equity and credit markets," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 105(3), pages 542-564.
- Katz, Steven, 1974. "The Price Adjustment Process of Bonds to Rating Reclassifications: A Test of Bond Market Efficiency," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 29(2), pages 551-559, May.
- Bernard, Victor L. & Thomas, Jacob K., 1990. "Evidence that stock prices do not fully reflect the implications of current earnings for future earnings," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, pages 305-340.
- Benjamin Yibin Zhang & Hao Zhou & Haibin Zhu, 2009. "Explaining Credit Default Swap Spreads with the Equity Volatility and Jump Risks of Individual Firms," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, pages 5099-5131.
- Fahlenbrach, Rüdiger & Stulz, René M., 2011.
"Bank CEO incentives and the credit crisis,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, pages 11-26.
- Rüdiger FAHLENBRACH & René M. STULZ, "undated". "Bank CEO Incentives and the Credit Crisis," Swiss Finance Institute Research Paper Series 09-27, Swiss Finance Institute.
- Fahlenbach, Rudiger & Stulz, Rene M., 2009. "Bank CEO Incentives and the Credit Crisis," Working Paper Series 2009-13, Ohio State University, Charles A. Dice Center for Research in Financial Economics.
- Rüdiger Fahlenbrach & René M. Stulz, 2009. "Bank CEO Incentives and the Credit Crisis," NBER Working Papers 15212, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Benjamin Yibin Zhang & Hao Zhou & Haibin Zhu, 2009.
"Explaining Credit Default Swap Spreads with the Equity Volatility and Jump Risks of Individual Firms,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, pages 5099-5131.
- Benjamin Y. Zhang & Hao Zhou & Haibin Zhu, 2005. "Explaining credit default swap spreads with the equity volatility and jump risks of individual firms," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2005-63, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Manconi, Alberto & Massa, Massimo & Yasuda, Ayako, 2012. "The role of institutional investors in propagating the crisis of 2007–2008," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 104(3), pages 491-518.
- repec:bla:joares:v:6:y:1968:i:2:p:159-178 is not listed on IDEAS
- John Kiff & Ron Morrow, 2000. "Credit Derivatives," Bank of Canada Review, Bank of Canada, vol. 2000(Autumn), pages 3-11.
- Norden, Lars & Weber, Martin, 2004.
"Informational efficiency of credit default swap and stock markets: The impact of credit rating announcements,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 28(11), pages 2813-2843, November.
- Norden, Lars & Weber, Martin, 2004. "Informational Efficiency of Credit Default Swap and Stock Markets: The Impact of Credit Rating Announcements," CEPR Discussion Papers 4250, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Stulz, Rene, 2010. "Credit default Swaps and the Credit Crisis," Economic Policy, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration, vol. 6, pages 157-175.
- Ron Bird & Daniel Choi & Danny Yeung, 2014.
"Market uncertainty, market sentiment, and the post-earnings announcement drift,"
Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting,
Springer, pages 45-73.
- Ron Bird & Daniel Choi & Danny Yeung, 2011. "Market Uncertainty and Sentiment, and the Post-Earnings Announcement Drift," Working Paper Series 15, The Paul Woolley Centre for Capital Market Dysfunctionality, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Bernard, Victor L & Seyhun, H Nejat, 1997. "Does Post-Earnings-Announcement Drift in Stock Prices Reflect a Market Inefficiency? A Stochastic Dominance Approach," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, pages 17-34.
- Hirshleifer, David & Teoh, Siew Hong, 2003. "Limited attention, information disclosure, and financial reporting," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, pages 337-386.
- Darrell, Duffie, 2010.
"The Failure Mechanics of Dealer Banks,"
Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration, pages 131-153.
- Baba, Naohiko & Inada, Masakazu, 2009. "Price discovery of subordinated credit spreads for Japanese mega-banks: Evidence from bond and credit default swap markets," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 616-632, October.
- Chen, Ren-Raw & Cheng, Xiaolin & Fabozzi, Frank J. & Liu, Bo, 2008. "An Explicit, Multi-Factor Credit Default Swap Pricing Model with Correlated Factors," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 43(01), pages 123-160, March.
- Peter D. Easton & Steven J. Monahan & Florin P. Vasvari, 2009. "Initial Evidence on the Role of Accounting Earnings in the Bond Market," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(3), pages 721-766, June.
- David Hirshleifer & Sonya Seongyeon Lim & Siew Hong Teoh, 2009.
"Driven to Distraction: Extraneous Events and Underreaction to Earnings News,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 64(5), pages 2289-2325, October.
- Hirshleifer, David & Lim, Sonya Seongyeon & Teoh, Siew Hong, 2006. "Driven to distraction: Extraneous events and underreaction to earnings news," MPRA Paper 3110, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 16 Apr 2007.
- Rene M. Stulz, 2010.
"Credit Default Swaps and the Credit Crisis,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, pages 73-92.
- Stulz, Rene M., 2009. "Credit Default Swaps and the Credit Crisis," Working Paper Series 2009-16, Ohio State University, Charles A. Dice Center for Research in Financial Economics.
- René M. Stulz, 2009. "Credit Default Swaps and the Credit Crisis," NBER Working Papers 15384, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alon Brav & J.B. Heaton, 2002. "Competing Theories of Financial Anomalies," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, pages 575-606.
- Jeremiah Green & John R. M. Hand & Mark T. Soliman, 2011. "Going, Going, Gone? The Apparent Demise of the Accruals Anomaly," Management Science, INFORMS, pages 797-816.
- Steiner, Manfred & Heinke, Volker G, 2001. "Event Study Concerning International Bond Price Effects of Credit Rating Actions," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 6(2), pages 139-157, April.
- Haibin Zhu, 2006. "An Empirical Comparison of Credit Spreads between the Bond Market and the Credit Default Swap Market," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, pages 211-235.
- Collins, Daniel W. & Hribar, Paul, 2000. "Earnings-based and accrual-based market anomalies: one effect or two?," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, pages 101-123.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Shahzad, Syed Jawad Hussain & Nor, Safwan Mohd & Mensi, Walid & Kumar, Ronald Ravinesh, 2017. "Examining the efficiency and interdependence of US credit and stock markets through MF-DFA and MF-DXA approaches," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 471(C), pages 351-363.
- repec:eee:ecolet:v:161:y:2017:i:c:p:5-9 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsCredit default swaps; Market efficiency; Default risk; Post earnings announcement drift; Accrual anomaly;
- M41 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Accounting - - - Accounting
- G13 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Contingent Pricing; Futures Pricing
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:rqfnac:v:46:y:2016:i:4:d:10.1007_s11156-014-0484-y. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://springer.com .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.