Policy persistence and rent extraction
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Alnoor Bhimani & Kjell Hausken & Mthuli Ncube, 2010.
"Agent takeover risk of principal in outsourcing relationships,"
Global Business and Economics Review,
Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 12(4), pages 329-340.
- Bhimani, Al & Hausken, Kjell & Ncube , Mthuli, 2009. "Agent Takeover Risk of Principal in Outsourcing Relationships," UiS Working Papers in Economics and Finance 2009/2, University of Stavanger.
- Hillman, Arye L, 1982. "Declining Industries and Political-Support Protectionist Motives," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(5), pages 1180-1187, December.
- Crew, Michael A & Twight, Charlotte, 1990. "On the Efficiency of Law: A Public Choice Perspective," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 66(1), pages 15-36, July.
- Hans Gersbach, 2004.
"Competition of Politicians for Incentive Contracts and Elections,"
Springer, vol. 121(1), pages 157-177, October.
- Hans Gersbach, 2001. "Competition of Politicians for Incentive Contracts and Elections," CESifo Working Paper Series 406, CESifo Group Munich.
- Grossman, Gene M & Helpman, Elhanan, 1994.
"Protection for Sale,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 84(4), pages 833-850, September.
- Grossman, G.M. & Helpman, E., 1992. "Protection for Sale," Papers 162, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Public and International Affairs.
- Grossman, Gene & Helpman, Elhanan, 1993. "Protection for Sale," CEPR Discussion Papers 827, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Grossman, G.M. & Helpman, E., 1992. "Protection for Sale," Papers 21-92, Tel Aviv.
- Gene M. Grossman & Elhanan Helpman, 1992. "Protection For Sale," NBER Working Papers 4149, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Anderson, James E., 1998.
"The Uruguay Round and welfare in some distorted agricultural economies,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 393-410, August.
- James E. Anderson, 1997. "The Uruguay Round and Welfare in Some Distorted Agricultural Economies," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 360, Boston College Department of Economics.
- James E. Anderson, 1997. "The Uruguay Round and Welfare in Some Distorted Agricultural Economies," NBER Working Papers 5923, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stephen Morris & Stephen Coate, 1999.
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 89(5), pages 1327-1336, December.
- Stephen Coate & Stephen Morris, "undated". "Policy Persistence," Penn CARESS Working Papers 8a66677895e9fcb3f6d813c0c, Penn Economics Department.
- Stephen Coate & Stephen Morris, "undated". ""Policy Persistence ''," CARESS Working Papres 95-19, University of Pennsylvania Center for Analytic Research and Economics in the Social Sciences.
- Stephen Coate & Stephen Morris, "undated". "Policy Persistence," CARESS Working Papres 97-2, University of Pennsylvania Center for Analytic Research and Economics in the Social Sciences.
- Aidt, Toke S. & Dutta, Jayasri, 2007. "Policy myopia and economic growth," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 734-753, September.
- Begovic, Boris & Paunovic, Marko, 2011. "Political support for enterprise restructuring and voting in Serbia," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 171-180, March.
- Aidt, Toke S. & Hillman, Arye L., 2008. "Enduring rents," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 545-553, September.
- Le Breton, Michel & Salanie, Francois, 2003. "Lobbying under political uncertainty," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(12), pages 2589-2610, December.
- Silke Friedrich, 2011. "Policy Persistence and Rent Extraction," ifo Working Paper Series 110, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- Potters, Jan & van Winden, Frans, 1992. "Lobbying and Asymmetric Information," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 74(3), pages 269-292, October.
- Gary S. Becker, 1983. "A Theory of Competition Among Pressure Groups for Political Influence," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 98(3), pages 371-400.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wilkening, Tom, 2016. "Information and the persistence of private-order contract enforcement institutions: An experimental analysis," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 193-215.
More about this item
KeywordsLobby; Special interest; Efficiency; Elections; D72;
- D72 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Political Processes: Rent-seeking, Lobbying, Elections, Legislatures, and Voting Behavior
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:pubcho:v:157:y:2013:i:1:p:287-304. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.