The paradox of legal harmonization
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Tanzi, Vito, 2004. "Globalization and the need for fiscal reform in developing countries," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 525-542, June.
- Berkowitz, Daniel & Pistor, Katharina & Richard, Jean-Francois, 2003.
"Economic development, legality, and the transplant effect,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, pages 165-195.
- Daniel Berkowitz & Katharina Pistor & Jean-Francois Richard, 2000. "Economic Development, Legality, and the Transplant Effect," CID Working Papers 39A, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Daniel Berkowitz & Katharina Pistor & Jean-Francois Richard, 2000. "Economic Development, Legality, and the Transplant Effect," CID Working Papers 39, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Daniel Berkowitz & Katharina Pistor & Jean-Francois Richard, 2000. "Economic Development, Legality, and the Transplant Effect," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 308, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Daniel Berkowitz & Karina Pistor & Jean-Francois Richard, 2001. "Economic Development, Legality, and the Transplant Effect," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 410, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Emanuela Carbonara & Enrico Santarelli & Hien Thu Tran, 2016.
"De jure determinants of new firm formation: how the pillars of constitutions influence entrepreneurship,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 47(1), pages 139-162, June.
- E. Carbonara & E. Santarelli, 2015. "De Jure Determinants of New Firm Formation: How the Pillars of Constitutions Influence Entrepreneurship," Working Papers wp991, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Helmut Wagner, 2012. "Is harmonization of legal rules an appropriate target? Lessons from the global financial crisis," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 33(3), pages 541-564, June.
- Gani, Azmat & Clemes, Michael D., 2016. "Does the strength of the legal systems matter for trade in insurance and financial services?," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 511-519.
- Bertrand Crettez & Bruno Deffains & Olivier Musy, 2013. "On the dynamics of legal convergence," Public Choice, Springer, pages 345-356.
- Libman, Alexander Mikhailovich, 2009.
"Эндогенные Границы И Распределение Власти В Федерациях И Международных Сообществах
[ENDOGENOUS BOUNDARIES AND DISTRIBUTION OF POWER In the Federation]," MPRA Paper 16473, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jean-Jacques Herings, P. & Kanning, Arnald J., 2008. "Harmonization of private law on a global level," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 256-262, December.
- Crettez, Bertrand & Deffains, Bruno & Musy, Olivier, 2014. "Legal convergence and endogenous preferences," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 20-27.
- Fernando Gomez & Juan Ganuza, 2012. "How to build European private law: an economic analysis of the lawmaking and harmonization dimensions in European private law," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 33(3), pages 481-503, June.
- Baniak Andrzej & Grajzl Peter, 2011.
"Interjurisdictional Linkages and the Scope for Interventionist Legal Harmonization,"
Review of Law & Economics,
De Gruyter, vol. 7(2), pages 405-434, December.
- Andrzej Baniak & Peter Grajzl, 2010. "Interjurisdictional Linkages and the Scope for Interventionist Legal Harmonization," CESifo Working Paper Series 3085, CESifo Group Munich.
- Asif Efrat, 2016. "Promoting trade through private law: Explaining international legal harmonization," The Review of International Organizations, Springer, vol. 11(3), pages 311-336, September.
- Loeper, Antoine, 2011. "Coordination in heterogeneous federal systems," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 95(7-8), pages 900-912, August.
More about this item
KeywordsLegal harmonization; Legal transplantation; Transnational contracts; Legal change; K10; K33; D70;
- K10 - Law and Economics - - Basic Areas of Law - - - General (Constitutional Law)
- K33 - Law and Economics - - Other Substantive Areas of Law - - - International Law
- D70 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:pubcho:v:132:y:2007:i:3:p:367-400. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .