I will risk a stranger’s money, but not my own or my friend’s money: Effect of proximity of the money source to the self on financial risk-taking
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Manoj Thomas & Kalpesh Kaushik Desai & Satheeshkumar Seenivasan, 2011. "How Credit Card Payments Increase Unhealthy Food Purchases: Visceral Regulation of Vices," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 38(1), pages 126-139.
- Rod Duclos & Echo Wen Wan & Yuwei Jiang, 2013. "Show Me the Honey! Effects of Social Exclusion on Financial Risk-Taking," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 40(1), pages 122-135.
- Sujoy Chakravarty & Glenn W. Harrison & Ernan E. Haruvy & E. Elisabet Rutström, 2011. "Are You Risk Averse over Other People's Money?," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 77(4), pages 901-913, April.
- Mandel, Naomi, 2003. " Shifting Selves and Decision Making: The Effects of Self-Construal Priming on Consumer Risk-Taking," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 30(1), pages 30-40, June.
- Richard H. Thaler & Eric J. Johnson, 1990. "Gambling with the House Money and Trying to Break Even: The Effects of Prior Outcomes on Risky Choice," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 36(6), pages 643-660, June.
- Ratner, Rebecca K & Kahn, Barbara E, 2002. " The Impact of Private versus Public Consumption on Variety-Seeking Behavior," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 29(2), pages 246-257, September.
- Scott I. Rick & Cynthia E. Cryder & George Loewenstein, 2008. "Tightwads and Spendthrifts," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 34(6), pages 767-782, October.
- McGraw, A Peter & Tetlock, Philip E & Kristel, Orie V, 2003. " The Limits of Fungibility: Relational Schemata and the Value of Things," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 30(2), pages 219-229, September.
- Elke U. Weber & Christopher Hsee, 1998. "Cross-Cultural Differences in Risk Perception, but Cross-Cultural Similarities in Attitudes Towards Perceived Risk," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 44(9), pages 1205-1217, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:iburev:v:26:y:2017:i:6:p:1023-1033 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:soceco:v:69:y:2017:i:c:p:92-98 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsMental accounting; Income accounting; Risk; House money effect; Interpersonal closeness;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:mktlet:v:26:y:2015:i:4:p:501-512. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.