A multi-product cost function for physician private practices
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Deborah Haas-Wilson & Martin Gaynor, 1998. "Physician networks and their implications for competition in health care markets," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 7(2), pages 179-182.
- Gaynor, Martin & Vogt, William B., 2000.
"Antitrust and competition in health care markets,"
Handbook of Health Economics,in: A. J. Culyer & J. P. Newhouse (ed.), Handbook of Health Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 27, pages 1405-1487
- Martin Gaynor & William B. Vogt, "undated". "Antitrust and Competition in Health Care Markets," GSIA Working Papers 1999-E29, Carnegie Mellon University, Tepper School of Business.
- Martin Gaynor & William B. Vogt, 1999. "Antitrust and Competition in Health Care Markets," NBER Working Papers 7112, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Joanne Lord & George Laking & Alastair Fischer, 2006. "Non-linearity in the cost-effectiveness frontier," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(6), pages 565-577.
- Escarce, Jose J. & Pauly, Mark V., 1998. "Physician opportunity costs in physician practice cost functions," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 129-151, April.
- Diewert, Walter E & Wales, Terence J, 1987.
"Flexible Functional Forms and Global Curvature Conditions,"
Econometric Society, vol. 55(1), pages 43-68, January.
- W. Erwin Diewert & T.J. Wales, 1989. "Flexible Functional Forms and Global Curvature Conditions," NBER Technical Working Papers 0040, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Norman K Thurston & Anne M. Libby, 2002. "A Production Function For Physician Services Revisited," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 84(1), pages 184-191, February.
- Guilkey, David K & Lovell, C A Knox & Sickles, Robin C, 1983. "A Comparison of the Performance of Three Flexible Functional Forms," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 24(3), pages 591-616, October.
- Sickles, Robin C. & Taubman, Paul, 1993. "Mortality and morbidity among adults and the elderly," Handbook of Population and Family Economics,in: M. R. Rosenzweig & Stark, O. (ed.), Handbook of Population and Family Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 11, pages 559-643 Elsevier.
- Gaynor, Martin & Pauly, Mark V, 1990. "Compensation and Productive Efficiency of Partnerships: Evidence from Medical Group Practice," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(3), pages 544-573, June.
- Tong Li & Robert Rosenman, 2001. "Estimating hospital costs with a generalized Leontief function," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(6), pages 523-538.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lukas Kwietniewski & Mareike Heimeshoff & Jonas Schreyögg, 2017. "Estimation of a physician practice cost function," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 18(4), pages 481-494, May.
- Timothy Gunning & Robin Sickles, 2013. "Competition and market power in physician private practices," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 44(2), pages 1005-1029, April.
- Theodore Stefos & James Burgess & Jeffrey Cohen & Laura Lehner & Eileen Moran, 2012. "Dynamics of the mental health workforce: investigating the composition of physicians and other health providers," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 15(4), pages 373-384, December.
- Mareike Heimeshoff & Jonas Schreyögg & Lukas Kwietniewski, 2014. "Cost and technical efficiency of physician practices: a stochastic frontier approach using panel data," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 17(2), pages 150-161, June.
- Ollinger, Michael & Guthrie, Joanne, 2015. "Economies of Scale, the Lunch-Breakfast Ratio, and the Cost of USDA School Breakfasts and Lunches," Economic Research Report 212480, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- repec:kap:hcarem:v:21:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s10729-016-9378-y is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsPhysician; Multi-product cost function; Medicare reimbursement; C30; D24; I12;
- C30 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - General
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- I12 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Health Behavior
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jproda:v:35:y:2011:i:2:p:119-128. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.