Boom and Bust in Power Plant Construction: Lessons from the California Electricity Crisis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ford, Andrew, 2001. "Waiting for the boom: : a simulation study of power plant construction in California," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(11), pages 847-869, September.
- Dyner, Isaac & Larsen, Erik R., 2001. "From planning to strategy in the electricity industry," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(13), pages 1145-1154, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ford, Andrew, 2008. "Simulation scenarios for rapid reduction in carbon dioxide emissions in the western electricity system," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 443-455, January.
- repec:eee:renene:v:115:y:2018:i:c:p:509-520 is not listed on IDEAS
- Schaffernicht, Martin F.G. & Groesser, Stefan N., 2014. "The SEXTANT software: A tool for automating the comparative analysis of mental models of dynamic systems," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 238(2), pages 566-578.
- Hary, Nicolas & Rious, Vincent & Saguan, Marcelo, 2016. "The electricity generation adequacy problem: Assessing dynamic effects of capacity remuneration mechanisms," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 91(C), pages 113-127.
- Arango, Santiago & Larsen, Erik, 2011. "Cycles in deregulated electricity markets: Empirical evidence from two decades," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(5), pages 2457-2466, May.
- Ford, Andrew & Vogstad, Klaus & Flynn, Hilary, 2007. "Simulating price patterns for tradable green certificates to promote electricity generation from wind," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 91-111, January.
- repec:eee:rensus:v:80:y:2017:i:c:p:341-351 is not listed on IDEAS
- Arango, Santiago & Dyner, Isaac & Larsen, Erik R., 2006. "Lessons from deregulation: Understanding electricity markets in South America," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 196-207, September.
- Collins, Ross D. & Selin, Noelle E. & de Weck, Olivier L. & Clark, William C., 2016. "Using Inclusive Wealth for Policy Evaluation: Application to Electricity Infrastructure Planning in Oil-Exporting Countries," Working Paper Series 16-010, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Collins, Ross D. & Selin, Noelle E. & de Weck, Olivier L. & Clark, William C., 2017. "Using inclusive wealth for policy evaluation: Application to electricity infrastructure planning in oil-exporting countries," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 133(C), pages 23-34.
- Ponzo, Ricardo & Dyner, Isaac & Arango, Santiago & Larsen, Erik R., 2011. "Regulation and development of the Argentinean gas market," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 1070-1079, March.
- Alishahi, E. & Moghaddam, M. Parsa & Sheikh-El-Eslami, M.K., 2012. "A system dynamics approach for investigating impacts of incentive mechanisms on wind power investment," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 310-317.
- Janne Kettunen, Derek W. Bunn and William Blyth & Derek W. Bunn & William Blyth, 2011. "Investment Propensities under Carbon Policy Uncertainty," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 77-118.
- Rodilla, P. & Batlle, C. & Salazar, J. & Sánchez, J.J., 2011. "Modeling generation expansion in the context of a security of supply mechanism based on long-term auctions. Application to the Colombian case," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 176-186, January.
More about this item
Keywordspower plant construction; computer simulation; investor behavior; boom and bust; system dynamics; western electricity markets;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jincot:v:2:y:2002:i:1:p:59-74. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://springer.com .