How Retired Households and Households Approaching Retirement Handle Their Equity Investments in the United States
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ang, Andrew & Maddaloni, Angela, 2003.
"Do demographic changes affect risk premiums? Evidence from international data,"
Working Paper Series
0208, European Central Bank.
- Andrew Ang & Angela Maddaloni, 2005. "Do Demographic Changes Affect Risk Premiums? Evidence from International Data," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 78(1), pages 341-380, January.
- Andrew Ang & Angela Maddaloni, 2003. "Do Demographic Changes Affect Risk Premiums? Evidence from International Data," NBER Working Papers 9677, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Morin, Roger A & Fernandez Suarez, Antonio, 1983. " Risk Aversion Revisited," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 38(4), pages 1201-16, September.
- Peter S. Yoo, 1994. "Age distributions and returns of financial assets," Working Papers 1994-002, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Andrew B. Abel, 2001.
"Will Bequests Attenuate The Predicted Meltdown In Stock Prices When Baby Boomers Retire?,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 83(4), pages 589-595, November.
- Andrew B. Abel, 2001. "Will Bequests Attenuate the Predicted Meltdown in Stock Prices When Baby Boomers Retire?," NBER Working Papers 8131, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andrew B. Abel, 2001. "Will bequests attenuate the predicted meltdown in stock prices when baby boomers retire?," Working Papers 01-2, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- James M. Poterba, 2001. "Demographic Structure And Asset Returns," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 83(4), pages 565-584, November.
- George M. Constantinides & John B. Donaldson & Rajnish Mehra, 2002.
"Junior Can'T Borrow: A New Perspective On The Equity Premium Puzzle,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 117(1), pages 269-296, February.
- George M. Constantinidies & John B. Donaldson & Rajnish Mehra, 1998. "Junior Can't Borrow: A New Perspective on the Equity Premium Puzzle," NBER Working Papers 6617, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Constantinides, G.M. & Donalson, J.B. & Mehra, R., 1997. "Junior Can't Borrow: A New Perspective on the Equity Premium Puzzle," Papers 97-24, Columbia - Graduate School of Business.
- George M. Constantinides & John B. Donaldson & Rajnish Mehra, . "Junior Can't borrow: A New Perspective on the Equity Premium Puzzle."," CRSP working papers 457, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- Yoon Lee & Jean Lown & Deanna Sharpe, 2007. "Predictors of Holding Consumer and Mortgage Debt among Older Americans," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 28(2), pages 305-320, June.
- N. Gregory Mankiw & David N. Weil, 1988.
"The Baby Boom, The Baby Bust, and the Housing Market,"
NBER Working Papers
2794, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mankiw, N. Gregory & Weil, David N., 1989. "The baby boom, the baby bust, and the housing market," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 235-258, May.
- Don Bellante & Richard P. Saba, 1986. "Human Capital And Life-Cycle Effects On Risk Aversion," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 9(1), pages 41-51, 03.
- Donna Dosman & Janet Fast & Sherry Chapman & Norah Keating, 2006. "Retirement and Productive Activity in Later Life," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 27(3), pages 401-419, September.
- Palsson, Anne-Marie, 1996. "Does the degree of relative risk aversion vary with household characteristics?," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 17(6), pages 771-787, December.
- Dimitrios Christelis & Tullio Jappelli & Mario Padula, 2005. "Wealth and Portfolio Composition," CSEF Working Papers 132, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Michael S. Finke & Sandra J. Huston & Deanna L. Sharpe, 2006. "Balance sheets of early boomers: are they different from pre-boomers?," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 27(3), pages 542-561, September.
- Nancy Ammon Jianakoplos & Alexandra Bernasek, 2006. "Financial Risk Taking by Age and Birth Cohort," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 72(4), pages 981–1001, April.
- Robin Brooks, 2002. "Asset-Market Effects of the Baby Boom and Social-Security Reform," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(2), pages 402-406, May.
- Bellante, Don & Green, Carole A., 2004. "Relative risk aversion among the elderly," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 269-281.
- Goyal, Amit, 2004. "Demographics, Stock Market Flows, and Stock Returns," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 39(01), pages 115-142, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jfamec:v:29:y:2008:i:4:p:601-622. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.