The dynamic unsubstitutability of sterilization operations and neutral-intervention operations under dual exchange rates
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Dornbusch, Rudiger, 1976.
" The Theory of Flexible Exchange Rate Regimes and Macroeconomic Policy,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 78(2), pages 255-275.
- R. Dornbusch, 1975. "The Theory of Flexible Exchange Rate Regimes and Macroeconomic Policy," Working papers 165, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Lai, Ching-Chong & Chu, Yun-Peng & Chang, Wen-Ya, 1989. "Exchange Rate Dynamics under Dual Exchange Rates: The Case of Neutral Intervention Policy," The Manchester School of Economic & Social Studies, University of Manchester, vol. 57(3), pages 235-247, September.
- Pertti J. Haaparanta, 1988. "Dual Exchange Markets and Intervention," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 21(4), pages 814-825, November.
- Lai, Ching-chong & Chang, Wen-ya, 1987. "Dynamic stability under a dual exchange rate regime with neutral intervention operations," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 67-70.
- Kiguel, Miguel A., 1987. "The non-dynamic equivalence of monetary and exchange rate rules under imperfect capital mobility and rational expectations," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 207-214, June.
- Calvo, Guillermo A & Rodriguez, Carlos Alfredo, 1977. "A Model of Exchange Rate Determination under Currency Substitution and Rational Expectations," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(3), pages 617-625, June.
- Daniel Gros, 1988. "Dual Exchange Rates in the Presence of Incomplete Market Separation: Long-Run Effectiveness and Policy Implications," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 35(3), pages 437-460, September.
- Richard C. Marston, 1983. "Stabilization Policies in Open Economies," NBER Working Papers 1117, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Boyer, Russel S., 1979. "Sterilization and the monetary approach to balance of payments analysis," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 295-300, April.
- Delbecque, Bernard, 1993. "Dual exchange rates under pegged interest rate and balance-of-payments crisis," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 170-181, April.
- Aizenman, Joshua, 1985.
"Adjustment to monetary policy and devaluation under two-tier and fixed exchange rate regimes,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 153-169.
- Joshua Aizenman, 1983. "Adjustment to Monetary Policy and Devaluation Under Two-Tier and Fixed Exchange Rate Regimes," NBER Working Papers 1107, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Turnovsky, Stephen J., 1976. "The dynamics of fiscal policy in an open economy," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 115-142, May.
- O'Connell, Joan, 1983. "Complete sterilization and perfect capital mobility," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 69-72.
- Marston, Richard C., 1985. "Stabilization policies in open economies," Handbook of International Economics,in: R. W. Jones & P. B. Kenen (ed.), Handbook of International Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 17, pages 859-916 Elsevier.
- Thornton, Daniel L., 1984. "The government budget constraint with endogenous money," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 57-67.
- Cumby, Robert E., 1984. "Monetary policy under dual exchange rates," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 195-208, August.
- Marion, Nancy Peregrim, 1981. "Insulation Properties of a Two-Tier Exchange Market in a Portfolio Balance Model," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 48(189), pages 61-70, February.
- Robert P. Flood & Nancy Peregrim Marion, 1982. "The Transmission of Disturbances under Alternative Exchange-Rate Regimes with Optimal Indexing," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 97(1), pages 43-66.
- Dornbusch, Rudiger & Helmers, F. Leslie C. H. (ed.), 1988. "The Open Economy: Tools for Policymakers in Developing Countries," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195207095.
- Pablo E. Guidotti, 1988. "Insulation Properties under Dual Exchange Rates," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 21(4), pages 799-813, November.
More about this item
Keywordsdual exchange rates; neutral-intervention operations; sterilization operations; F31; F32; F41;
- F31 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Exchange
- F32 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Current Account Adjustment; Short-term Capital Movements
- F41 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Open Economy Macroeconomics
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jeczfn:v:68:y:1998:i:3:p:235-253. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.