Intellectual property rights and U.S. information goods exports: the role of imitation threat
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 33 (2009)
Issue (Month): 2 (May)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
Web page: http://www.culturaleconomics.org/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/economics/journal/10824/PS2|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Nunnenkamp, Peter & Spatz, Julius, 2003. "Foreign direct investment and economic growth in developing countries: how relevant are host-country and industry characteristics?," Kiel Working Papers 1176, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Anne-Célia Disdier & Silvio Tai & Lionel Fontagné & Thierry Mayer, 2010.
"Bilateral trade of cultural goods,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv),
Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 145(4), pages 575-595, January.
- Anne-Célia Disdier & Silvio H.T. Tai & Lionel Fontagné & Thierry Mayer, 2007. "Bilateral Trade of Cultural Goods," Working Papers 2007-20, CEPII research center.
- Anne-Célia Disdier & Silvio Tai & Lionel Fontagné & Thierry Mayer, 2010. "Bilateral Trade of Cultural Goods," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00639822, HAL.
- Anne-Célia Disdier & Silvio H. T. Tai & Lionel Fontagné & Thierry Mayer, 2010. "Bilateral trade of cultural goods," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/c8dmi8nm4pd, Sciences Po.
- Bergstrand, Jeffrey H, 1985. "The Gravity Equation in International Trade: Some Microeconomic Foundations and Empirical Evidence," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 67(3), pages 474-481, August.
- Fink, Carsten & Braga, Carlos A. Primo, 1999. "How stronger protection of intellectual property rights affects international trade flows," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2051, The World Bank.
- Smith, Pamela J., 1999. "Are weak patent rights a barrier to U.S. exports?," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 151-177, June.
- Maskus, Keith E. & Penubarti, Mohan, 1995. "How trade-related are intellectual property rights?," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(3-4), pages 227-248, November.
- Ginarte, Juan C. & Park, Walter G., 1997. "Determinants of patent rights: A cross-national study," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 283-301, October.
- Wesley M. Cohen & Richard R. Nelson & John P. Walsh, 2000. "Protecting Their Intellectual Assets: Appropriability Conditions and Why U.S. Manufacturing Firms Patent (or Not)," NBER Working Papers 7552, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wesley M Cohen & Richard R Nelson & John P Walsh, 2003. "Protecting Their Intellectual Assets: Appropriability Conditions and Why U.S. Manufacturing Firms Patent (Or Not)," Levine's Working Paper Archive 618897000000000624, David K. Levine.
- Im, Kyung So & Pesaran, M. Hashem & Shin, Yongcheol, 2003. "Testing for unit roots in heterogeneous panels," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 115(1), pages 53-74, July.
- Pasaran, M.H. & Im, K.S. & Shin, Y., 1995. "Testing for Unit Roots in Heterogeneous Panels," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 9526, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "IPSHIN: RATS procedure to implement Im, Pesaran and Shin panel unit root test," Statistical Software Components RTS00098, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Pamela Samuelson, 1999. "Implications of the Agreement on Trade Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights for Cultural Dimensions of National Copyright Laws," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 23(1), pages 95-107, March.
- Matthias Helble, 2007. "Is God Good for Trade?," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 60(3), pages 385-413, 08.
- McCalman, Phillip, 2004. "Foreign direct investment and intellectual property rights: evidence from Hollywood's global distribution of movies and videos," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 107-123, January.
- Keith E. Maskus, 1993. "Intellectual property rights and the Uruguay Round," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Q I, pages 10-25.
- Pamela J. Smith, 2002. "Patent Rights and Trade: Analysis of Biological Products, Medicinals and Botanicals, and Pharmaceuticals," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 84(2), pages 495-512.
- Catherine Y. Co, 2004. "Do Patent Rights Regimes Matter?," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(3), pages 359-373, 08.
- Rod Falvey & Neil Foster & David Greenaway, 2009. "Trade, imitative ability and intellectual property rights," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 145(3), pages 373-404, October.
- Keith Maskus, 1998. "The international regulation of intellectual property," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 134(2), pages 186-208, June.
- Mohammed Rafiquzzaman, 2002. "The impact of patent rights on international trade: evidence from Canada," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 35(2), pages 307-330, May.
- Günther Schulze, 1999. "International Trade in Art," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 23(1), pages 109-136, March.
- O. Yul Kwon, 2007. "South Korea," Chapters,in: Handbook on the Northeast and Southeast Asian Economies, chapter 2 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Akbar Marvasti & E. Ray Canterbery, 2005. "Cultural and Other Barriers to Motion Pictures Trade," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 43(1), pages 39-54, January.
- Wen-Hsien Liu & Ya-Chi Lin, 2005. "Foreign patent rights and high-tech exports: evidence from Taiwan," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(13), pages 1543-1555.
- Smith, Pamela J., 2001. "How do foreign patent rights affect U.S. exports, affiliate sales, and licenses?," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 411-439, December.
- Francois, Patrick & van Ypersele, Tanguy, 2002. "On the protection of cultural goods," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 359-369, March.
- Chih-Hai Yang & Rhung-Jieh Woo, 2006. "Do stronger intellectual property rights induce more agricultural trade?: a dynamic panel data model applied to seed trade," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 35(1), pages 91-101, 07. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jculte:v:33:y:2009:i:2:p:109-134. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.