How trade-related are intellectual property rights?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Deardorff, Alan V, 1992. "Welfare Effects of Global Patent Protection," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 59(233), pages 35-51, February.
- Flam, Harry & Helpman, Elhanan, 1987.
"Industrial policy under monopolistic competition,"
Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1-2), pages 79-102, February.
- Flam, Harry & Helpman, Elhanan, 1985. "Industrial Policy Under Monopolistic Competition," Foerder Institute for Economic Research Working Papers 275396, Tel-Aviv University > Foerder Institute for Economic Research.
- Helpman, Elhanan, 1993.
"Innovation, Imitation, and Intellectual Property Rights,"
Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 61(6), pages 1247-1280, November.
- Helpman, E., 1992. "Innovation, Imitation and intellectual Property Rights," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1597, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Elhanan Helpman, 1992. "Innovation, Imitation, and Intellectual Property Rights," NBER Working Papers 4081, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Edwin Mansfield, 1986. "Patents and Innovation: An Empirical Study," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 32(2), pages 173-181, February.
- Brown, Drusilla K., 1991.
"Tariffs and capacity utilization by monopolistically competitive firms,"
Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(3-4), pages 371-381, May.
- Brown, D.K., 1988. "Tariffs And Capacity Utilization By Monopolistically Competitive Firms," Working Papers 229, Research Seminar in International Economics, University of Michigan.
- Michael Ferrantino, 1993. "The effect of intellectual property rights on international trade and investment," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 129(2), pages 300-331, June.
- Harrigan, James, 1993. "OECD imports and trade barriers in 1983," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(1-2), pages 91-111, August.
- Keith E. Maskus, 1991. "Comparing International Trade Data and Product and National Characteristics Data for the Analysis of Trade Models," NBER Chapters, in: International Economic Transactions: Issues in Measurement and Empirical Research, pages 17-60, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Segerstrom, Paul S & Anant, T C A & Dinopoulos, Elias, 1990. "A Schumpeterian Model of the Product Life Cycle," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(5), pages 1077-1091, December.
- Taylor, M Scott, 1994. "TRIPs, Trade, and Growth," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 35(2), pages 361-381, May.
- M. Scott Taylor, 1993. "TRIPS, Trade, and Technology Transfer," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 26(3), pages 625-637, August.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Smith, Pamela J., 1999. "Are weak patent rights a barrier to U.S. exports?," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 151-177, June.
- Smith, Pamela J., 1999. "Intellectual Property Rights And Trade: Analysis Of Biological Products, Medicinals And Botanicals, And Pharmaceuticals," 1999 Annual meeting, August 8-11, Nashville, TN 21525, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Leonard F.S. Wang & Arijit Mukherjee, 2014. "Patent Protection, Innovation and Technology Licensing," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 53(3-4), pages 245-254, December.
- Chen, Yongmin & Puttitanun, Thitima, 2005. "Intellectual property rights and innovation in developing countries," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 78(2), pages 474-493, December.
- Anja, Breitwieser & Neil, Foster, 2012.
"Intellectual property rights, innovation and technology transfer: a survey,"
36094, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Anja Breitwieser & Neil Foster-McGregor, 2012. "Intellectual Property Rights, Innovation and Technology Transfer: A Survey," wiiw Working Papers 88, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw.
- Sunil Kanwar & Robert Evenson, 2003.
"Does intellectual property protection spur technological change?,"
Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 55(2), pages 235-264, April.
- Sunil Kanwar & Robert Evenson, 2001. "Does Intellectual Property Protection Spur Technological Change," Working Papers 831, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Kanwar, Sunil & Evenson, Robert E., 2001. "Does Intellectual Property Protection Spur Technological Change?," Center Discussion Papers 28432, Yale University, Economic Growth Center.
- Sunil Kanwar & Robert E Evanson, 2004. "Does Intellectual Property Protection Spur Technological Change?," Levine's Working Paper Archive 122247000000000455, David K. Levine.
- Arijit Mukherjee, 2017. "Patent Protection and R&D with Endogenous Market Structure," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 65(1), pages 220-234, March.
- Olena Ivus, 2011. "Trade‐related intellectual property rights: industry variation and technology diffusion," Canadian Journal of Economics/Revue canadienne d'économique, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 44(1), pages 201-226, February.
- Ivus, Olena, 2010. "Do stronger patent rights raise high-tech exports to the developing world?," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 81(1), pages 38-47, May.
- Minyu Zhou & Ian Sheldon & Jihyun Eum, 2018. "The role of intellectual property rights in seed technology transfer through trade: evidence from U.S. field crop seed exports," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 49(4), pages 423-434, July.
- Maria Pluvia ZUNIGA & Emmanuel COMBE, 2002. "Introducing Patent Protection In The Pharmaceutical Sector:," Region et Developpement, Region et Developpement, LEAD, Universite du Sud - Toulon Var, vol. 16, pages 191-221.
- Lai, Edwin L. -C. & Qiu, Larry D., 2003. "The North's intellectual property rights standard for the South?," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(1), pages 183-209, January.
- Gino A.Gancia, 2003.
"Globalization, Divergence and Stagnation,"
Development Working Papers
174, Centro Studi Luca d'Agliano, University of Milano.
- Gino Gancia, 2004. "Globalization, Divergence and Stagnation," 2004 Meeting Papers 63, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Gancia, Gino, 2003. "Globalization, Divergence and Stagnation," Seminar Papers 720, Stockholm University, Institute for International Economic Studies.
- Gino Gancia, 2003. "Globalization, Divergence and Stagnation," Working Papers 198, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Uday Bhanu Sinha, 2001. "Patent Protection, Innovation Rate and Welfare," Departmental Working Papers wp0106, National University of Singapore, Department of Economics.
- Glass, Amy Jocelyn & Saggi, Kamal, 2002. "Intellectual property rights and foreign direct investment," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 387-410, March.
- Zigic, Kresimir, 1998. "Intellectual property rights violations and spillovers in North-South trade," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 42(9), pages 1779-1799, November.
- Grinols, Earl L. & Lin, Hwan C., 1997. "Asymmetric Intellectual Property Rights Protection and North-South Welfare," MPRA Paper 19542, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Glass, Amy Jocelyn & Wu, Xiaodong, 2007. "Intellectual property rights and quality improvement," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 82(2), pages 393-415, March.
- Arijit Mukherjee & Chiranjib Neogi, 2009. "Vertical technology transfer and the implications of patent protection," Discussion Papers 09/05, University of Nottingham, School of Economics.
- Stryszowski, P.K., 2006. "Intellectual Property Rights, Globalization and Growth," Other publications TiSEM 32aa98b3-1bd4-43d3-badb-5, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:inecon:v:39:y:1995:i:3-4:p:227-248. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505552 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Nithya Sathishkumar (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505552 .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.