Why U.S. health care expenditure and ranking on health care indicators are so different from Canada’s
No abstract is available for this item.
Volume (Year): 9 (2009)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/public+health/journal/10754/PS2|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Katherine Baicker & Amitabh Chandra, 2005.
"The Effect of Malpractice Liability on the Delivery of Health Care,"
in: Frontiers in Health Policy Research, Volume 8
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Baicker Katherine & Chandra Amitabh, 2005. "The Effect of Malpractice Liability on the Delivery of Health Care," Forum for Health Economics & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 8(1), pages 1-29, January.
- Katherine Baicker & Amitabh Chandra, 2004. "The Effect of Malpractice Liability on the Delivery of Health Care," NBER Working Papers 10709, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sato, Yuko, 2001. "Comparative analysis of health care costs in Japan and the United States: a simulation of productivity and savings behavior," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 429-454, December.
- Lopez, Russ, 2004. "Income inequality and self-rated health in US metropolitan areas: A multi-level analysis," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 59(12), pages 2409-2419, December.
- Patricia M. Danzon & Y. Richard Wang & Liang Wang, 2005.
"The impact of price regulation on the launch delay of new drugs-evidence from twenty-five major markets in the 1990s,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(3), pages 269-292.
- Patricia M. Danzon & Y. Richard Wang & Liang Wang, 2003. "The Impact of Price Regulation on the Launch Delay of New Drugs - Evidence from Twenty-Five Major Markets in the 1990s," NBER Working Papers 9874, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Meena Seshamani & Alastair Gray, 2004. "Ageing and health-care expenditure: the red herring argument revisited," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(4), pages 303-314.
- Starfield, Barbara & Shi, Leiyu, 2002. "Policy relevant determinants of health: an international perspective," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 60(3), pages 201-218, June.
- repec:reg:rpubli:141 is not listed on IDEAS
- Scherer, F.M., 2000. "The pharmaceutical industry," Handbook of Health Economics, in: A. J. Culyer & J. P. Newhouse (ed.), Handbook of Health Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 25, pages 1297-1336 Elsevier.
- Jay Bhattacharya & M. Kate Bundorf, 2005. "The Incidence of the Healthcare Costs of Obesity," NBER Working Papers 11303, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Daniel Kessler & Mark McClellan, 1996. "Do Doctors Practice Defensive Medicine?," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 111(2), pages 353-390.
- Roger Feldman & Felix Lobo, 1997. "Global Budgets and Excess Demand for Hospital Care," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 6(2), pages 187-196.
- Robert E. Hall & Charles I. Jones, 2004.
"The Value of Life and the Rise in Health Spending,"
NBER Working Papers
10737, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- George Karatzas, 2000. "On the determination of the US aggregate health care expenditure," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(9), pages 1085-1099.
- Sara Fisher Ellison & Catherine Wolfram, 2001. "Pharmaceutical Prices and Political Activity," NBER Working Papers 8482, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John Nixon & Philippe Ulmann, 2006. "The relationship between health care expenditure and health outcomes," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 7(1), pages 7-18, March.
- Daniel P. Kessler & Mark McClellan, 1996. "Do Doctors Practice Defensive Medicine?," NBER Working Papers 5466, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:ijhcfe:v:9:y:2009:i:1:p:1-24. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.