A day without a search engine: an experimental study of online and offline searches
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Austan Goolsbee & Peter J. Klenow, 2006.
"Valuing Consumer Products by the Time Spent Using Them: An Application to the Internet,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 96(2), pages 108-113, May.
- Austan Goolsbee & Peter J. Klenow, 2006. "Valuing Consumer Products by the Time Spent Using Them: An Application to the Internet," Discussion Papers 05-010, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research.
- Austan Goolsbee & Peter J. Klenow, 2006. "Valuing Consumer Products by the Time Spent Using Them: An Application to the Internet," NBER Working Papers 11995, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jeffrey Carpenter & Peter Hans Matthews & John Schirm, 2010.
"Tournaments and Office Politics: Evidence from a Real Effort Experiment,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 100(1), pages 504-517, March.
- Carpenter, Jeffrey P. & Matthews, Peter Hans & Schirm, John, 2007. "Tournaments and Office Politics: Evidence from a Real Effort Experiment," IZA Discussion Papers 2972, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Jeffrey Carpenter & Peter Hans Matthews & John Schirm, 2007. "TOURNAMENTS AND OFFICE POLITICS: Evidence from a real effort experiment," Middlebury College Working Paper Series 0709, Middlebury College, Department of Economics.
- Yan Chen & Teck‐Hua Ho & Yong‐Mi Kim, 2010. "Knowledge Market Design: A Field Experiment at Google Answers," Journal of Public Economic Theory, Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 12(4), pages 641-664, August.
- Jordi Brandts & David J. Cooper, 2007. "It's What You Say, Not What You Pay: An Experimental Study of Managerâ€“Employee Relationships in Overcoming Coordination Failure," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 5(6), pages 1223-1268, December.
- Erik Brynjolfsson & Lorin M. Hitt, 2000. "Beyond Computation: Information Technology, Organizational Transformation and Business Performance," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 14(4), pages 23-48, Fall.
- Erik Brynjolfsson & Lorin Hitt, 1996.
"Paradox Lost? Firm-Level Evidence on the Returns to Information Systems Spending,"
Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 42(4), pages 541-558, April.
- Brynjolfsson, Erik. & Hitt, Lorin M., 1995. "Paradox lost? : firm-level evidence on the returns to information systems spending," Working papers 3786-95., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Daniel Houser & Erte Xiao, 2011. "Classification of natural language messages using a coordination game," Experimental Economics, Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 14(1), pages 1-14, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zhenjie Wang & Chunling Zhu & Shanwu Tian & Ping Li, 2019. "Differentiation and pricing power of online retailers," Frontiers of Business Research in China, Springer, vol. 13(1), pages 1-20, December.
- Molina, Arturo & Fernández, Alejandra C. & Gómez, Mar & Aranda, Evangelina, 2017. "Differences in the city branding of European capitals based on online vs. offline sources of information," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 28-39.
- Charles R. Hulten & Leonard I. Nakamura, 2019.
"Expanded GDP for Welfare Measurement in the 21st Century,"
NBER Working Papers
26578, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Charles R. Hulten & Leonard I. Nakamura, 2020. "Expanded GDP for Welfare Measurement in the 21st Century," Working Papers 20-10, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Leonard Nakamura & Jon Samuels & Rachel Soloveichik, 2017.
"Measuring the “Free” Digital Economy within the GDP and Productivity Accounts,"
Economic Statistics Centre of Excellence (ESCoE) Discussion Papers
ESCoE DP-2017-03, Economic Statistics Centre of Excellence (ESCoE).
- Leonard Nakamura & Jon Samuels & Rachel Soloveichik, 2017. "Measuring the Free Digital Economy within the GDP and Productivity Accounts," BEA Working Papers 0146, Bureau of Economic Analysis.
- Leonard I. Nakamura & Jon Samuels & Rachel Soloveichik, 2017. "Measuring the “Free” Digital Economy Within the GDP and Productivity Accounts," Working Papers 17-37, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Leonard I. Nakamura & Jon Samuels & Rachel Soloveichik, 2016.
"Valuing \"Free\" Media in GDP: An Experimental Approach,"
16-24, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Leonard Nakamura & Jon Samuels & Rachel Soloveichik, 2016. "Valuing Free Media in GDP: An Experimental Approach," BEA Working Papers 0133, Bureau of Economic Analysis.
- Sang Kim Tran, 2017. "GOOGLE: a reflection of culture, leader, and management," International Journal of Corporate Social Responsibility, Springer, vol. 2(1), pages 1-14, December.
- Constantin Mang, 2016. "Market Consequences of ICT Innovations," ifo Beiträge zur Wirtschaftsforschung, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, number 70, November.
- DÃaz, AsunciÃ³n & GÃ³mez, Mar & Molina, Arturo, 2017. "A comparison of online and offline consumer behaviour: An empirical study on a cinema shopping context," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 44-50.
- Charles Hulten & Leonard I. Nakamura, 2020. "Expanded GDP for Welfare Measurement in the Twenty-First Century," NBER Chapters, in: Measuring and Accounting for Innovation in the Twenty-First Century, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ariel Goldszmidt & John List & Robert Metcalfe & Ian Muir & Jenny Wang, 2020.
"The Value of Time in the United States: Estimates from Nationwide Natural Field Experiments,"
Natural Field Experiments
00720, The Field Experiments Website.
- Ariel Goldszmidt & John A. List & Robert D. Metcalfe & Ian Muir & V. Kerry Smith & Jenny Wang, 2020. "The Value of Time in the United States: Estimates from Nationwide Natural Field Experiments," Working Papers 2020-179, Becker Friedman Institute for Research In Economics.
- Ariel Goldszmidt & John A. List & Robert D. Metcalfe & Ian Muir & V. Kerry Smith & Jenny Wang, 2020. "The Value of Time in the United States: Estimates from Nationwide Natural Field Experiments," NBER Working Papers 28208, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wang, Siyu & Houser, Daniel, 2019. "Demanding or deferring? An experimental analysis of the economic value of communication with attitude," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 115(C), pages 381-395.
- Misuraca, Raffaella & Fasolo, Barbara, 2018. "Maximizing versus satisficing in the digital age: disjoint scales and the case for “construct consensus”," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 84324, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Kiley, Michael T., 2001. "Computers and growth with frictions: aggregate and disaggregate evidence," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 171-215, December.
- Jiabin Wu, 2018. "Indirect higher order beliefs and cooperation," Experimental Economics, Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 21(4), pages 858-876, December.
- António Madureira & Nico Baken & Harry Bouwman, 2011. "Value of digital information networks: a holonic framework," Netnomics, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 1-30, April.
- Zand, Fardad & Van Beers, Cees & Van Leeuwen, George, 2011. "Information technology, organizational change and firm productivity: A panel study of complementarity effects and clustering patterns in Manufacturing and Services," MPRA Paper 46469, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- J. Bradford DeLong, 2002. "Do We Have a "New" Macroeconomy?," NBER Chapters, in: Innovation Policy and the Economy, Volume 2, pages 163-184, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Baethge, Caroline, 2016. "Performance in the beauty contest: How strategic discussion enhances team reasoning," Passauer Diskussionspapiere, Betriebswirtschaftliche Reihe B-17-16, University of Passau, Faculty of Business and Economics.
- Hemant K. Bhargava & Abhay Nath Mishra, 2014. "Electronic Medical Records and Physician Productivity: Evidence from Panel Data Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 60(10), pages 2543-2562, October.
- Prasanna Tambe, 2014. "Big Data Investment, Skills, and Firm Value," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 60(6), pages 1452-1469, June.
- Ajoy Ketan Sarangi & Rudra Prakash Pradhan, 2020. "ICT infrastructure and economic growth: a critical assessment and some policy implications," DECISION: Official Journal of the Indian Institute of Management Calcutta, Springer;Indian Institute of Management Calcutta, vol. 47(4), pages 363-383, December.
- S J Ho & S K Mallick, 2010. "The impact of information technology on the banking industry," Journal of the Operational Research Society, Palgrave Macmillan;The OR Society, vol. 61(2), pages 211-221, February.
- Erik Brynjolfsson & Andrew McAfee & Michael Sorell & Feng Zhu, 2007. "Scale without mass: business process replication and industry dynamics," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Nov.
- Liao, Hailin & Wang, Bin & Li, Baibing & Weyman-Jones, Tom, 2016. "ICT as a general-purpose technology: The productivity of ICT in the United States revisited," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 10-25.
- Stephan KUDYBA, 2004. "The productivity pay-off from effective allocation of IT and non-IT labour," International Labour Review, International Labour Organization, vol. 143(3), pages 235-247, September.
- Leonardo Becchetti & Fabrizio Adriani, 2005.
"Does the digital divide matter? The role of information and communication technology in cross-country level and growth estimates,"
Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(6), pages 435-453.
- Leonardo Becchetti & Fabrizio Adriani, 2003. "Does the Digital Divide Matter? The Role of Information and Communication Technology in Cross-country Level and Growth Estimates?," CEIS Research Paper 4, Tor Vergata University, CEIS.
- Guido Schryen, 2010. "Preserving Knowledge on IS Business Value," Business & Information Systems Engineering: The International Journal of WIRTSCHAFTSINFORMATIK, Springer;Gesellschaft für Informatik e.V. (GI), vol. 2(4), pages 233-244, August.
- Evan Rawley, 2006. "How Do Mobile Information Technology Networks Affect Firm Strategy and Performance? Firm-Level Evidence from Taxicab Fleets," Working Papers 06-28, NET Institute, revised Oct 2006.
- Philipp Köllinger, 2005. "Why IT Matters: An Empirical Study of E-Business Usage, Innovation, and Firm Performance," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 495, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Gu, Wulong Gera, Surendra, 2004. "The Effect of Organizational Innovation and Information Technology on Firm Performance," The Canadian Economy in Transition 2004007e, Statistics Canada, Economic Analysis Division.
- G. Atzeni & OA Carboni, 2004.
"ICT productivity and firm propensity to innovative investment: learning effect evidence from italian micro data,"
Working Paper CRENoS
200414, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Gianfranco Enrico Atzeni & Oliviero Antonio Carboni, 2005. "ICT productivity and firm propensity to innovative investment: learning effect evidence from italina micro data," Industrial Organization 0503012, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Charlie Karlsson & Gunther Maier & Michaela Trippl & Iulia Siedschlag & Gavin Murphy, 2010. "ICT and Regional Economic Dynamics: A Literature Review," JRC Working Papers JRC59920, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
More about this item
KeywordsSearch; Productivity; Experiment; C93; H41;
All these keywords.
- C93 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments - - - Field Experiments
- H41 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Public Goods
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:expeco:v:17:y:2014:i:4:p:512-536. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.