Cross-Border Pollution, Terms of Trade, and Welfare
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Rodney D. Ludema & Ian Wooton, 1994.
"Cross-Border Externalities and Trade Liberalization: The Strategic Control of Pollution,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 27(4), pages 950-966, November.
- Ludema, R.D. & Wooton, I., 1992. "Cross-border Externalities and Trade Liberalization: the Strategic Control of Pollution," UWO Department of Economics Working Papers 9202, University of Western Ontario, Department of Economics.
- Gene M. Grossman & Alan B. Krueger, 1995. "Economic Growth and the Environment," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 110(2), pages 353-377.
- Lee, Hiro & Roland-Holst, David, 1997. "The environment and welfare implications of trade and tax policy," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 65-82, February.
- Ludema, Rodney D & Wooton, Ian, 1997. "International Trade Rules and Environmental Cooperation under Asymmetric Information," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 38(3), pages 605-625, August.
- Panos Hatzipanayotou & Sajal Lahiri & Michael S. Michael, 2002. "Can cross-border pollution reduce pollution?," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 35(4), pages 805-818, November.
- Lahiri, Sajal & Raimondos-Moller, Pascalis, 1998.
"Public good provision and the welfare effects of indirect tax harmonisation,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 67(2), pages 253-267, February.
- Sajal Lahiri & Pascalis Raimondos, "undated". "Public Good Provision and the Welfare Effects of Indirect Tax Harmonisation," EPRU Working Paper Series 95-13, Economic Policy Research Unit (EPRU), University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Copeland, Brian R & Taylor, M Scott, 1995. "Trade and Transboundary Pollution," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(4), pages 716-737, September.
- Werner Antweiler & Brian R. Copeland & M. Scott Taylor, 2001. "Is Free Trade Good for the Environment?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(4), pages 877-908, September.
- John Beghin & David Roland-Holst & Dominique van der Mensbrugghe, 1997.
"Trade and Pollution Linkages: Piecemeal Reform and Optimal Intervention,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 30(2), pages 442-455, May.
- John Beghin & David Roland-Holst & Dominique van der Mensbrugghe, 1994. "Trade and Pollution Linkages: Piecemeal Reform and Optimal Intervention," OECD Development Centre Working Papers 99, OECD Publishing.
- Panos Hatzipanayotou & Sajal Lahiri & Michael S. Michael, 2005. "Reforms of Environmental Policies in the Presence of Cross-border Pollution and Public-Private Clean-up," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 107(2), pages 315-333, June.
- Rauscher, Michael, 2005. "International Trade, Foreign Investment, and the Environment," Handbook of Environmental Economics, in: K. G. Mäler & J. R. Vincent (ed.), Handbook of Environmental Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 27, pages 1403-1456, Elsevier.
- Rauscher, Michael, 1994. "On Ecological Dumping," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 46(0), pages 822-840, Supplemen.
- Arja H. Turunen‐Red & Alan D. Woodland, 2004. "Multilateral Reforms of Trade and Environmental Policy," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(3), pages 321-336, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Michael Michael & Panos Hatzipanayotou, 2013.
"Pollution and reforms of domestic and trade taxes towards uniformity,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 20(5), pages 753-768, October.
- Michael S. Michael & Panos Hatzipanayotou, 2012. "Pollution and Reforms of Domestic and Trade Taxes towards Uniformity," University of Cyprus Working Papers in Economics 11-2012, University of Cyprus Department of Economics.
- Nikolaos Vlassis, 2013. "The Welfare Consequences of Pollution-Tax Harmonization," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 56(2), pages 227-238, October.
- Nikos Tsakiris & Michael Michael & Panos Hatzipanayotou, 2014. "Asymmetric Tax Policy Responses in Large Economies With Cross-Border Pollution," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 58(4), pages 563-578, August.
- Alain-Désiré Nimubona & Horatiu Rus, 2015.
"Green Technology Transfers and Border Tax Adjustments,"
Environmental & Resource Economics,
Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 62(1), pages 189-206, September.
- Alain-Désiré Nimubona & Horatiu Rus, 2011. "Green Technology Transfers and Border Tax Adjustments," Working Papers 1102, University of Waterloo, Department of Economics, revised May 2011.
- Thomas Eichner & Rüdiger Pethig, 2015. "Is trade liberalization conducive to the formation of climate coalitions?," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 22(6), pages 932-955, December.
More about this item
KeywordsCross-border pollution; Strategic spillover; Emission taxes; Terms of trade; Globalization; Welfare; Q28; H23;
- Q28 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Government Policy
- H23 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Externalities; Redistributive Effects; Environmental Taxes and Subsidies
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:enreec:v:41:y:2008:i:3:p:327-345. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.