Estimating Recreation Preferences Using Hedonic Travel Cost and Random Utility Models
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Yoshiaki Kaoru & V. Kerry Smith & Jin Long Liu, 1995. "Using Random Utility Models to Estimate the Recreational Value of Estuarine Resources," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 77(1), pages 141-151.
- Hanemann, W Michael, 1984. "Discrete-Continuous Models of Consumer Demand," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 541-561, May.
- Kling, Catherine L. & Bockstael, Nancy & Hanemann, W. Michael, 1987.
"Estimating the Value of Water Quality Improvements in a Recreational Demand Framework,"
Staff General Research Papers Archive
1594, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Kling, Catherine L. & Bockstael, Nancy & Michael, W., 1999. "Estimating the Value of Water Quality Improvements in a Recreational Demand Framework," Staff General Research Papers Archive 12334, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Randall, Alan & Stoll, John R, 1980. "Consumer's Surplus in Commodity Space," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(3), pages 449-455, June.
- Arguea, Nestor M. & Hsiao, Cheng, 1993.
"Econometric issues of estimating hedonic price functions : With an application to the U.S. market for automobiles,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 56(1-2), pages 243-267, March.
- Arguea, N.M. & Hsiao, C., 1992. "Econometric Issues of Estimating Hedonic Price Functions- with an Application to the U.S. Market for Automobiles," Papers 9203, Southern California - Department of Economics.
- Willig, Robert D, 1976. "Consumer's Surplus without Apology," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 66(4), pages 589-597, September.
- Brown, Gardner M, Jr & Mendelsohn, Robert, 1984. "The Hedonic Travel Cost Method," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 66(3), pages 427-433, August.
- Daniel McFadden, 1977. "Modelling the Choice of Residential Location," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 477, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Mendelsohn, Robert, 1985. "Identifying Structural Equations with Single Market Data," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 67(3), pages 525-529, August.
- Hausman, Jerry A. & Leonard, Gregory K. & McFadden, Daniel, 1995. "A utility-consistent, combined discrete choice and count data model Assessing recreational use losses due to natural resource damage," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 1-30, January.
- Englin, Jeffrey & Mendelsohn, Robert, 1991. "A hedonic travel cost analysis for valuation of multiple components of site quality: The recreation value of forest management," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 275-290, November.
- Nancy E. Bockstael & Ivar E. Strand, Jr., 1987. "The Effect of Common Sources of Regression Error on Benefit Estimates," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 63(1), pages 11-20.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1974. "Hedonic Prices and Implicit Markets: Product Differentiation in Pure Competition," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(1), pages 34-55, Jan.-Feb..
- Cropper, Maureen L, et al, 1993. "Valuing Product Attributes Using Single Market Data: A Comparison of Hedonic and Discrete Choice Approaches," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 75(2), pages 225-232, May.
- Smith, V Kerry & Palmquist, Raymond B & Jakus, Paul, 1991. "Combining Farrell Frontier and Hedonic Travel Cost Models for Valuing Estuarine Quality," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 73(4), pages 694-699, November.
- George R. Parsons & Mary Jo Kealy, 1992. "Randomly Drawn Opportunity Sets in a Random Utility Model of Lake Recreation," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 68(1), pages 93-106.
- LaFrance, Jeffrey T., 1985. "Linear demand functions in theory and practice," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 147-166, October.
- Hausman, Jerry A, 1981. "Exact Consumer's Surplus and Deadweight Loss," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(4), pages 662-676, September.
- George R. Parsons & Michael S. Needelman, 1992. "Site Aggregation in a Random Utility Model of Recreation," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 68(4), pages 418-433.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mogas Amorós, Joan, 2016. "What are the social benefits of carbon sequestration?," Working Papers 2072/261536, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Department of Economics.
- Englin, Jeffrey E. & McDonald, Jered M. & Moeltner, Klaus, 2006. "Valuing ancient forest ecosystems: An analysis of backcountry hiking in Jasper National Park," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(4), pages 665-678, June.
- Salvador Barrios & J. Nicolás Ibañez Rivas, 2014. "Climate Amenities and Adaptation to Climate Change: A Hedonic-Travel Cost Approach for Europe," Working Papers 2014.20, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Salvador Barrios & J. Ibañez, 2015.
"Time is of the essence: adaptation of tourism demand to climate change in Europe,"
Springer, vol. 132(4), pages 645-660, October.
- Salvador Barrios & J. Nicolás Ibañez, 2014. "Time is of the Essence: Adaptation of Tourism Demand to Climate Change in Europe," Working Papers 2014.19, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Beatty, Timothy K.M. & Brozovic, Nicholas & Ward, Michael B., 2005. "Consumer Surplus Estimates and the Source of Regression Error," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19477, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Dann Payares Ayola, 2012. "Estimación del potencial de valorización del suelo en Barranquilla en el periodo 2001-2011. Estimación de efectos fijos en datos de panel," REVISTA DE ECONOMÍA DEL CARIBE 010851, UNIVERSIDAD DEL NORTE.
- Phaneuf, Daniel J. & Smith, V. Kerry, 2006. "Recreation Demand Models," Handbook of Environmental Economics,in: K. G. Mäler & J. R. Vincent (ed.), Handbook of Environmental Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 15, pages 671-761 Elsevier.
- Salvador Barrios & Juan Nicolas Ibañez Rivas, 2013. "Tourism demand, climatic conditions and transport costs: an integrated analysis for EU regions," JRC Working Papers JRC80898, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
More about this item
Keywordshedonic travel cost; RUM; recreation demand;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:enreec:v:17:y:2000:i:1:p:89-108. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.