Computational Issues in the Sequential Probit Model: A Monte Carlo Study
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Cannings, Kathy & Montmarquette, Claude & Mahseredjian, Sophie, 1996.
"Entrance quotas and admission to medical schools: a sequential probit model,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 163-174, April.
- Cannings, K. & Montmarquette, C. & Mahseredjian, S., 1994. "Entrance Quotas abs Admission to Medical Schools: a Sequential Probit Model," Cahiers de recherche 9418, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Cannings, K. & Montmarquette, C. & Mahseredjian, S., 1994. "Entrance Quotas abs Admission to Medical Schools: A Sequential Probit Model," Cahiers de recherche 9418, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Kathy Cannings & Sophie Mahseredjian & Claude Montmarquette, 1994. "Entrance Quotas and Admission to Medical Schools: A Sequential Probit Model," CIRANO Working Papers 94s-10, CIRANO.
- Geweke, John & Keane, Michael P & Runkle, David, 1994.
"Alternative Computational Approaches to Inference in the Multinomial Probit Model,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 76(4), pages 609-632, November.
- John F. Geweke & Michael P. Keane & David E. Runkle, 1994. "Alternative computational approaches to inference in the multinomial probit model," Staff Report 170, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Goffe, William L. & Ferrier, Gary D. & Rogers, John, 1994. "Global optimization of statistical functions with simulated annealing," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 60(1-2), pages 65-99.
- Hajivassiliou, Vassilis & McFadden, Daniel & Ruud, Paul, 1996.
"Simulation of multivariate normal rectangle probabilities and their derivatives theoretical and computational results,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 72(1-2), pages 85-134.
- Vassilis A. Hajivassiliou & Daniel L. McFadden & Paul Ruud, 1993. "Simulation of Multivariate Normal Rectangle Probabilities and their Derivatives: Theoretical and Computational Results," Working Papers _024, Yale University.
- Monjon, Stephanie & Waelbroeck, Patrick, 2003. "Assessing spillovers from universities to firms: evidence from French firm-level data," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 21(9), pages 1255-1270, November.
- Keane, Michael P, 1992. "A Note on Identification in the Multinomial Probit Model," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 10(2), pages 193-200, April.
- Schmidt, Peter, 1977. "Estimation of seemingly unrelated regressions with unequal numbers of observations," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 365-377, May.
- McCulloch, Robert & Rossi, Peter E., 1994. "An exact likelihood analysis of the multinomial probit model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 64(1-2), pages 207-240.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/13785 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- David, Bounie & Abel, François & Patrick, Waelbroeck, 2016. "Debit card and demand for cash," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 55-66.
- Maksym, Obrizan, 2010. "A Bayesian Model of Sample Selection with a Discrete Outcome Variable," MPRA Paper 28577, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gebrenegus Ghilagaber & Paraskevi Peristera, 2014. "Sequential probit modelling of family and community effects on educational progress among children to Polish and Turkish immigrants in Sweden," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 48(6), pages 3243-3252, November.
- Raphaële Préget, 2011. "What is the cost of low participation in French Timber auctions?," Post-Print hal-00670762, HAL.
More about this item
KeywordsMetropolis–Gibbs; sequential probit; simulated maximum likelihood; simulated annealing;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:compec:v:26:y:2005:i:2:p:141-161. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .