Computational Issues in the Sequential Probit Model: A Monte Carlo Study
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Cannings, Kathy & Montmarquette, Claude & Mahseredjian, Sophie, 1996.
"Entrance quotas and admission to medical schools: a sequential probit model,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 163-174, April.
- Cannings, K. & Montmarquette, C. & Mahseredjian, S., 1994. "Entrance Quotas abs Admission to Medical Schools: a Sequential Probit Model," Cahiers de recherche 9418, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Cannings, K. & Montmarquette, C. & Mahseredjian, S., 1994. "Entrance Quotas abs Admission to Medical Schools: A Sequential Probit Model," Cahiers de recherche 9418, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Kathy Cannings & Sophie Mahseredjian & Claude Montmarquette, 1994. "Entrance Quotas and Admission to Medical Schools: A Sequential Probit Model," CIRANO Working Papers 94s-10, CIRANO.
- Geweke, John & Keane, Michael P & Runkle, David, 1994.
"Alternative Computational Approaches to Inference in the Multinomial Probit Model,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 76(4), pages 609-632, November.
- Michael P. Keane & David E. Runkle & John F. Geweke, 1994. "Alternative computational approaches to inference in the multinomial probit model," Staff Report 170, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Goffe, William L. & Ferrier, Gary D. & Rogers, John, 1994. "Global optimization of statistical functions with simulated annealing," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 60(1-2), pages 65-99.
- Hajivassiliou, Vassilis & McFadden, Daniel & Ruud, Paul, 1996.
"Simulation of multivariate normal rectangle probabilities and their derivatives theoretical and computational results,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 72(1-2), pages 85-134.
- Vassilis A. Hajivassiliou & Daniel L. McFadden & Paul Ruud, 1993. "Simulation of Multivariate Normal Rectangle Probabilities and their Derivatives: Theoretical and Computational Results," Working Papers _024, Yale University.
- Monjon, Stephanie & Waelbroeck, Patrick, 2003. "Assessing spillovers from universities to firms: evidence from French firm-level data," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 21(9), pages 1255-1270, November.
- Keane, Michael P, 1992. "A Note on Identification in the Multinomial Probit Model," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 10(2), pages 193-200, April.
- Schmidt, Peter, 1977. "Estimation of seemingly unrelated regressions with unequal numbers of observations," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 365-377, May.
- McCulloch, Robert & Rossi, Peter E., 1994. "An exact likelihood analysis of the multinomial probit model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 64(1-2), pages 207-240.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/13785 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Raphaële Préget, 2011. "What is the cost of low participation in French Timber auctions?," Post-Print hal-00670762, HAL.
- Gebrenegus Ghilagaber & Paraskevi Peristera, 2014. "Sequential probit modelling of family and community effects on educational progress among children to Polish and Turkish immigrants in Sweden," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 48(6), pages 3243-3252, November.
- Maksym, Obrizan, 2010. "A Bayesian Model of Sample Selection with a Discrete Outcome Variable," MPRA Paper 28577, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- David, Bounie & Abel, François & Patrick, Waelbroeck, 2016. "Debit card and demand for cash," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 55-66.
More about this item
KeywordsMetropolis–Gibbs; sequential probit; simulated maximum likelihood; simulated annealing;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:compec:v:26:y:2005:i:2:p:141-161. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.