The changing face of China’s billionaire-entrepreneurs
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Sharon Belenzon & Tomer Berkovitz & Luis A. Rios, 2013. "Capital Markets and Firm Organization: How Financial Development Shapes European Corporate Groups," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 59(6), pages 1326-1343, June.
- Junsheng Dou & Shengxiao Li, 2013. "Erratum to: The succession process in Chinese family firms: A guanxi perspective," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 30(3), pages 919-919, September.
- Williamson, Oliver E, 1988. " Corporate Finance and Corporate Governance," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 43(3), pages 567-591, July.
- Jaskiewicz, Peter & Combs, James G. & Rau, Sabine B., 2015. "Entrepreneurial legacy: Toward a theory of how some family firms nurture transgenerational entrepreneurship," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 29-49.
- Jamie Peck & Jun Zhang, 2013. "A variety of capitalism … with Chinese characteristics?," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 13(3), pages 357-396, May.
- Baumol, William J., 1996.
"Entrepreneurship: Productive, unproductive, and destructive,"
Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 3-22, January.
- Baumol, William J, 1990. "Entrepreneurship: Productive, Unproductive, and Destructive," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(5), pages 893-921, October.
- Yunshi Liu & Linda Wang & Li Zhao & David Ahlstrom, 2013. "Board turnover in Taiwan’s public firms: An empirical study," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 30(4), pages 1059-1086, December.
- Almeida, Heitor & Wolfenzon, Daniel, 2006. "Should business groups be dismantled? The equilibrium costs of efficient internal capital markets," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 79(1), pages 99-144, January.
- Steven N. Kaplan & Joshua Rauh, 2013. "It's the Market: The Broad-Based Rise in the Return to Top Talent," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 27(3), pages 35-56, Summer.
- Tony Fang, 2010. "Asian management research needs more self-confidence: Reflection on Hofstede (2007) and beyond," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 27(1), pages 155-170, March.
- Ahlstrom, David & Bruton, Garry D. & Lui, Steven S. Y., 2000. "Navigating China's changing economy: Strategies for private firms," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 5-15.
- Mike Wright, 2007. "Venture capital in China: A view from Europe," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 24(3), pages 269-281, September.
- Kevin Au & Flora Chiang & Thomas Birtch & Zhujun Ding, 2013. "Incubating the next generation to venture: The case of a family business in Hong Kong," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 30(3), pages 749-767, September.
- David A Ralston & Carolyn P Egri & Sally Stewart & Robert H Terpstra & Yu Kaicheng, 1999. "Doing Business in the 21st Century with the New Generation of Chinese Managers: A Study of Generational Shifts in Work Values in China," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 30(2), pages 415-427, June.
- Hsing, You-tien, 2010. "The Great Urban Transformation: Politics of Land and Property in China," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199568048.
- Junsheng Dou & Shengxiao Li, 2013. "The succession process in Chinese family firms: A guanxi perspective," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 30(3), pages 893-917, September.
- Daniel You-Ren Yang & Hung-Kai Wang, 2008. "Dilemmas of Local Governance under the Development Zone Fever in China: A Case Study of the Suzhou Region," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 45(5-6), pages 1037-1054, May.
- David Ahlstrom & Michael N. Young & Eunice S. Chan & Garry D. Bruton, 2004. "Facing Constraints to Growth? Overseas Chinese Entrepreneurs and Traditional Business Practices in East Asia," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 21(3), pages 263-285, September.
- Randall Morck & David Stangeland & Bernard Yeung, 2000.
"Inherited Wealth, Corporate Control, and Economic Growth The Canadian Disease?,"
NBER Chapters, in: Concentrated Corporate Ownership, pages 319-372,
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Randall K. Morck & David A. Stangeland & Bernard Yeung, 1998. "Inherited Wealth, Corporate Control and Economic Growth: The Canadian Disease," NBER Working Papers 6814, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Yan Zhu & Li-Yun Sun & Alicia Leung, 2014. "Corporate social responsibility, firm reputation, and firm performance: The role of ethical leadership," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 31(4), pages 925-947, December.
- Ahlstrom, David & Bruton, Garry D. & Yeh, Kuang S., 2008. "Private firms in China: Building legitimacy in an emerging economy," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 43(4), pages 385-399, October.
- McCloskey, Deirdre N., 2013. "Tunzelmann, Schumpeter, and the Hockey Stick," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(10), pages 1706-1715.
- Obschonka, Martin & Silbereisen, Rainer K. & Schmitt-Rodermund, Eva & Stuetzer, Michael, 2010. "Nascent entrepreneurship and the developing individual: Early entrepreneurial competence in adolescence and venture creation success during the career," MPRA Paper 32021, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 21 Dec 2010.
- Steven N. Kaplan & Joshua D. Rauh, 2013. "Family, Education, and Sources of Wealth among the Richest Americans, 1982-2012," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 103(3), pages 158-162, May.
- Shahid Yusuf & Tony Saich, 2008. "China Urbanizes : Consequences, Strategies, and Policies," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6337, June.
- Michael Young & Terence Tsai & Xinran Wang & Shubo Liu & David Ahlstrom, 2014. "Strategy in emerging economies and the theory of the firm," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 31(2), pages 331-354, June.
- Florida, Richard & Kenney, Martin, 1988. "Venture capital and high technology entrepreneurship," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 301-319.
- Xuan Bai & Jeanine Chang, 2015. "Corporate social responsibility and firm performance: The mediating role of marketing competence and the moderating role of market environment," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 32(2), pages 505-530, June.
- Michael Carney & Eric Gedajlovic & Xiaohua Yang, 2009. "Varieties of Asian capitalism: Toward an institutional theory of Asian enterprise," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 26(3), pages 361-380, September.
- Garry Bruton & David Ahlstrom & Steven Si, 2015. "Entrepreneurship, poverty, and Asia: Moving beyond subsistence entrepreneurship," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 32(1), pages 1-22, March.
- David Ahlstrom & Garry Bruton & Kuang Yeh, 2007. "Venture capital in China: Past, present, and future," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 24(3), pages 247-268, September.
- Haitian Lu & Yi Tan & Hong Huang, 2013. "Why do venture capital firms exist: An institution-based rent-seeking perspective and Chinese evidence," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 30(3), pages 921-936, September.
- William J. Baumol, 2002. "Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Growth: The David-Goliath Symbiosis," Journal of Entrepreneurial Finance, Pepperdine University, Graziadio School of Business and Management, vol. 7(2), pages 1-10, Summer.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Carney, Michael & Zhao, Jing & Zhu, Limin, 2019. "Lean innovation: Family firm succession and patenting strategy in a dynamic institutional landscape," Journal of Family Business Strategy, Elsevier, vol. 10(4).
More about this item
KeywordsEconomic growth; Development economies; Billionaires; Entrepreneurial opportunity; Capital accumulation; Founder managed firms; Succession; Inequality; Inherited wealth;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:asiapa:v:33:y:2016:i:4:d:10.1007_s10490-016-9472-1. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.