An Industry Profile of Corporate Real Estate
Corporate real estate is increasingly becoming an area of emphasis for real estate professionals and academics, particularly in asset management. Using balance sheet data on real estate corporate holdings, total assets, and firm marketing values from 1984-1991, this article provides an analysis of real estate holdings both by industry sector and asset subtype. Industry rank order by gross value of total real estate holdings and asset subtype, real estate as a percent of assets, and real estate relative to market value of the firm are presented in this study, as is the growth in corporate real estate holdings.
Volume (Year): 8 (1993)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: American Real Estate Society Clemson University School of Business & Behavioral Science Department of Finance 401 Sirrine Hall Clemson, SC 29634-1323|
Web page: http://www.aresnet.org/
|Order Information:|| Postal: Diane Quarles American Real Estate Society Manager of Member Services Clemson University Box 341323 Clemson, SC 29634-1323|
Web: http://pages.jh.edu/jrer/about/get.htm Email:
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert H. Pittman & Joel R. Parker, 1989. "A Survey of Corporate Real Estate Executives on Factors Influencing Corporate Real Estate Performance," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 4(3), pages 107-120.
- Jerome Dasso & William Kinnard & Joseph S. Rabianski, 1989. "Corporate Real Estate: A Course Outline and Rationale," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 4(3), pages 35-46.
- Willard McIntosh & Dennis T. Officer & Jeffrey A. Born, 1989. "The Wealth Effects of Merger Activities: Further Evidence from Real Estate Investment Trusts," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 4(3), pages 141-156.
- Joseph D. Albert & Willard McIntosh, 1989. "Identifying Risk-Adjusted Indifference Rents for Alternative Operating Leases," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 4(3), pages 81-94.
- James J. Hoffman & Marc J. Schniederjans & G. Stacy Sirmans, 1990. "A Multi-Criteria Model for Corporate Property Evaluation," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 5(3), pages 285-300.
- Arnold L. Redman & John R. Tanner, 1989. "The Acquisition and Disposition of Real Estate by Corporate Executives: A Survey," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 4(3), pages 67-80.
- John L. Glascock & Wallace N. Davidson & C.F. Sirmans, 1989. "An Analysis of the Acquisition and Disposition of Real Estate Assets," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 4(3), pages 131-140.
- Christopher A. Manning, 1991. "Leasing Versus Purchase of Corporate Real Property: Leases with Residual Equity Interests," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 6(1), pages 79-86.
- Ronald C. Rutherford, 1990. "Empirical Evidence on Shareholder Value and the Sale-Leaseback of Corporate Real Estate," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 18(4), pages 522-529.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jre:issued:v:8:n:4:1993:p:445-474. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (JRER Graduate Assistant/Webmaster)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.