Utilization and Application of Business Computing Systems in Corporate Real Estate
This study reports on the utilization of business computing systems by corporate real estate executives. A survey was undertaken to examine four issues: types of property data collected, MIS report generation, hardware/software usage, and decision models and experts employed. NACORE members were surveyed and reported extensive usage of well-known business computing systems (e.g., transaction processing and management information systems), while newer systems (e.g., decision support and expert systems) are just beginning to be introduced into corporate real estate. Empirical analysis revealed differences among industries in the types of reports and property financial data that are maintained.
Volume (Year): 13 (1997)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: American Real Estate Society Clemson University School of Business & Behavioral Science Department of Finance 401 Sirrine Hall Clemson, SC 29634-1323|
Web page: http://www.aresnet.org/
|Order Information:|| Postal: Diane Quarles American Real Estate Society Manager of Member Services Clemson University Box 341323 Clemson, SC 29634-1323|
Web: http://pages.jh.edu/jrer/about/get.htm Email:
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mike Miles & John Pringle & Brian Webb, 1989. "Modeling the Corporate Real Estate Decision," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 4(3), pages 47-66.
- Stellan Lundstrom, 1993. "Realizing the Strategic Dimensions of Corporate Real Property Through Improved Planning and Control Systems," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 8(4), pages 495-510.
- Linda L. Johnson & Terry Keasler & Stellan Lundstrom, 1993. "An Industry Profile of Corporate Real Estate," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 8(4), pages 445-474.
- Jeffrey Gale & Fred Case, 1989. "A Study of Corporate Real Estate Resource Management," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 4(3), pages 23-34.
- John D. C. Little, 1970. "Models and Managers: The Concept of a Decision Calculus," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 16(8), pages 466-485, April.
- James J. Hoffman & Marc J. Schniederjans & G. Stacy Sirmans, 1990. "A Multi-Criteria Model for Corporate Property Evaluation," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 5(3), pages 285-300.
- Wei Kium Teoh, 1993. "Corporate Real Estate Management: The New Zealand Evidence," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 8(4), pages 607-624.
- Robert H. Pittman & Joel R. Parker, 1989. "A Survey of Corporate Real Estate Executives on Factors Influencing Corporate Real Estate Performance," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 4(3), pages 107-120.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jre:issued:v:13:n:2:1997:p:211-230. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (JRER Graduate Assistant/Webmaster)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.