Corporate Real Estate Research within the Academy
This study discusses the uniqueness and importance of corporate real estate asset management and distinguishes it from third party real estate investment management. A decline in corporate real estate research within the academy from 1995 through 1998 is documented and contrasted with the increasing research activity and interest in this area since 1995 by both consultants and trade associations. Reasons to account for this mismatch are canvassed from within the academy and offered herein. Finally, important questions about the future direction of corporate real estate research are posed.
Volume (Year): 17 (1999)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: American Real Estate Society Clemson University School of Business & Behavioral Science Department of Finance 401 Sirrine Hall Clemson, SC 29634-1323|
Web page: http://www.aresnet.org/
|Order Information:|| Postal: Diane Quarles American Real Estate Society Manager of Member Services Clemson University Box 341323 Clemson, SC 29634-1323|
Web: http://pages.jh.edu/jrer/about/get.htm Email:
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Arnold L. Redman & John R. Tanner, 1989. "The Acquisition and Disposition of Real Estate by Corporate Executives: A Survey," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 4(3), pages 67-80.
- Jay N. Ball & Ronald C. Rutherford & Ron J. Shaw, 1993. "The Wealth Effects of Real Estate Spin-Offs," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 8(4), pages 597-606.
- Ambrose, Brent William, 1990. "Corporate Real Estate's Impact on the Takeover Market," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 3(4), pages 307-22, December.
- Edward A. Noha, 1993. "Benchmarking: The Search for Best Practices in Corporate Real Estate," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 8(4), pages 511-524.
- Linda Ellis Johnson & Arnold L. Redman & John R. Tanner, 1997. "Utilization and Application of Business Computing Systems in Corporate Real Estate," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 13(2), pages 211-230.
- Hugh O. Nourse & Stephen E. Roulac & Stellan Lundstrom, 1993. "Linking Real Estate Decisions to Corporate Strategy," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 8(4), pages 475-494.
- Robert H. Pittman & Joel R. Parker, 1989. "A Survey of Corporate Real Estate Executives on Factors Influencing Corporate Real Estate Performance," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 4(3), pages 107-120.
- Larry B. Kimbler & Ronald C. Rutherford, 1993. "Corporate Real Estate Outsourcing: A Survey of the Issues," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 8(4), pages 525-540.
- G. Donald Jud, 1996. "The Journal of Real Estate Research: A Ten-Year Review," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 12(2), pages 249-313.
- Jeffrey Gale & Fred Case, 1989. "A Study of Corporate Real Estate Resource Management," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 4(3), pages 23-34.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jre:issued:v:17:n:3:1999:p:265-280. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (JRER Graduate Assistant/Webmaster)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.