Comparative Analyses Of Fertility Evolution In Iasi County
Iasi County has seen, in the last twenty-three years, a decline of the general fertility rate both in the urban region and in the rural region which leads to a decrease in the number of inhabitants and the aging of the population. The purpose of this study is to compare the trend of the general fertility rate, GFR, among the main age groups of fertile women, between 1990 and 2013. In order to accomplish this goal, we use time series analysis. Our results show that the GFR series presents a decreasing trend, from 70.6 children at 1000 women in 1990 to almost half in 2013. Future studies should investigate the determinant factors of this decline for GFR in Iasi County, we will investigate the influence of income, of unemployment and of level of education on general fertility rate (GFR).
Volume (Year): 7(2) (2015)
Issue (Month): 2 (August)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://cse.uaic.ro|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bloom, David E. & Sousa-Poza, Alfonso, 2010.
"Economic consequences of low fertility in Europe,"
FZID Discussion Papers
11-2010, University of Hohenheim, Center for Research on Innovation and Services (FZID).
- David E. Bloom & Alfonso Sousa-Poza, 2010. "Economic Consequences of Low Fertility in Europe," PGDA Working Papers 5410, Program on the Global Demography of Aging.
- George Hondroyiannis, 2010. "Fertility Determinants and Economic Uncertainty: An Assessment Using European Panel Data," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 31(1), pages 33-50, March.
- George Hondroyiannis, 2009. "Fertility Determinants and Economic Uncertainty:An Assessment Using European Panel Data," Working Papers 96, Bank of Greece.
- Jaba, Elisabeta & Balan, Christiana & Roman, Monica & Viorica, Daniela & Roman, Mihai, 2008. "Employment rate prognosis on the basis of the development environment trend displayed by years-clusters," MPRA Paper 20337, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Sep 2008. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jes:wpaper:y:2015:v:7:i:2:p:224-231. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alupului Ciprian)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.