Exploring regional economic convergence in Romania. A spatial modeling approach
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- anonymous, 1995. "Does the bouncing ball lead to economic growth?," Regional Update, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, issue Jul, pages 1-2,4-6.
- Palan, Nicole & Schmiedeberg, Claudia, 2010.
"Structural convergence of European countries,"
Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 85-100, May.
- Höhenberger, Nicole & Schmiedeberg, Claudia, 2008. "Structural convergence of European countries," Center for European, Governance and Economic Development Research Discussion Papers 75, University of Goettingen, Department of Economics.
- Robert J. Barro, 2013. "Inflation and Economic Growth," Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 14(1), pages 121-144, May.
- Sala-i-Martin, Xavier X, 1996.
"The Classical Approach to Convergence Analysis,"
Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 106(437), pages 1019-1036, July.
- Sala-i-Martin, Xavier, 1995. "The Classical Approach to Convergence Analysis," CEPR Discussion Papers 1254, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Sala-i-martin, X., 1995. "The Classical Approach to Convergence Analysis," Papers 734, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- Xavier Sala-i-Martin, 1995. "The classical approach to convergence analysis," Economics Working Papers 117, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Daniela Bunea, 2012. "Is Internal Migration Relevant to Regional Convergence? Comparative Analysis Across Five European Countries," Romanian Journal of Regional Science, Romanian Regional Science Association, vol. 6(2), pages 53-72, DECEMBER.
- Cezar Scarlat & Eugen I. Scarlat, 2007. "Theoretical Aspects of the Economic Transition: The Case of Romania," Managing Global Transitions, University of Primorska, Faculty of Management Koper, vol. 5(4), pages 307-331.
- Galor, Oded, 1996. "Convergence? Inferences from Theoretical Models," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 106(437), pages 1056-1069, July.
- Iancu, Aurel, 2010. "Transition, Integration And Convergence - The Case Of Romania -," Working Papers of National Institute of Economic Research 101222, National Institute of Economic Research.
- Sandy Dall'erba & Julie Le Gallo, 2008.
"Regional convergence and the impact of European structural funds over 1989–1999: A spatial econometric analysis,"
Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 87(2), pages 219-244, June.
- Sandy Dall'erba & Julie Le Gallo, 2003. "Regional Convergence And The Impact Of European Structural Funds Over 1989-1999: A Spatial Econometric Analysis," Urban/Regional 0310005, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 12 Feb 2004.
- Sandy Dall'Erba & Julie Le Gallo, 2008. "Regional convergence and the impact of European structural funds over 1989-1999 : a spatial econometric analysis," Post-Print hal-00485031, HAL.
- Xavier Sala-I-Martin, 1997. "Transfers, Social Safety Nets, and Economic Growth," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 44(1), pages 81-102, March.
- repec:agr:journl:v:2(602):y:2015:i:2(602):p:183-188 is not listed on IDEAS
- Iancu, Aurel, 2009. "Real Economic Convergence," Working Papers of National Institute of Economic Research 090104, National Institute of Economic Research.
- Wodon, Quentin & Yitzhaki, Shlomo, 2006. "Convergence forward and backward?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 92(1), pages 47-51, July.
- Constantin LEFTER & Cristinel CONSTANTIN, 2009. "Economic and social disparities of Romania in regional and county profile," Management & Marketing, Economic Publishing House, vol. 4(1), Spring.
- Jozsef BENEDEK, 2015. "Spatial differentiation and core-periphery structures in Romania," Eastern Journal of European Studies, Centre for European Studies, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, vol. 6, pages 49-61, June.
- Iancu, Aurel, 2008.
"Real Convergence and Integration,"
Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 5(1), pages 27-40, March.
- Iancu, Aurel, 2009. "Real Convergence and Integration," Working Papers of National Institute of Economic Research 090102, National Institute of Economic Research.
- Gheorghe Zaman & Zizi Goschin, 2017. "Factors That Promote Export Convergence: A Spatial Analysis In Romania," Romanian Journal of Regional Science, Romanian Regional Science Association, vol. 11(1), pages 1-17, June.
- Elena Raluca MOISESCU (DUICAN), 2015. "Regional convergence. Case of Romania," Theoretical and Applied Economics, Asociatia Generala a Economistilor din Romania - AGER, vol. 0(2(603), S), pages 183-188, Summer.
- Prebisch, Raúl, 1981. "The Latin American periphery in the global system of capitalism," Revista CEPAL, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), April.
- Antonescu, Daniela, 2012. "Identifying regional disparities in Romania: a convergence process perspective in relation to European Union's territorial structures," MPRA Paper 56896, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Natalia MOROIANU-DUMITRESCU & Daniela Lumini?a CONSTANTIN & Claudiu HERTELIU & Anca NOVAC, 2015. "Empirical Weighted Modelling On Inter-County Inequalities Evolution And To Test Economical Convergence In Romania," The USV Annals of Economics and Public Administration, Stefan cel Mare University of Suceava, Romania, Faculty of Economics and Public Administration, vol. 15(special), pages 169-179, June.
- Albu, Lucian Liviu, 2012. "The Convergence Process in the EU Estimated by Gini Coefficients," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(4), pages 5-16, December.
- Cristina D. Checherita, 2009. "Variations on economic convergence: The case of the United States," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 88(2), pages 259-278, June.
- Olimpia Neagu, 2013. "Measurement Of Territorial Convergence. An Analysis In The Case Of Romania," Annals - Economy Series, Constantin Brancusi University, Faculty of Economics, vol. 3, pages 117-125, June.
- Williamson, Jeffrey G., 1996. "Globalization, Convergence, and History," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 56(2), pages 277-306, June.
- Peter Egger & Michael Pfaffermayr, 2006. "Spatial convergence," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 85(2), pages 199-215, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cristian Incaltarau & Gabriela Carmen Pascariu & Adelaide Duarte & Peter Nijkamp, 2021. "Migration, regional growth and convergence: a spatial econometric study on Romania," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 66(3), pages 497-532, June.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Stephen Dobson & Carlyn Ramlogan & Eric Strobl, 2006.
"Why Do Rates Of Β‐Convergence Differ? A Meta‐Regression Analysis,"
Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 53(2), pages 153-173, May.
- DOBSON, Steve & RAMLOGAN, Carlyn & STROBL, Eric, 2003. "Why do rates of convergence differ ? A meta-regression analysis," LIDAM Discussion Papers CORE 2003020, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Long, N.V. & Wong, K.Y., 1996.
"Endogenous Growth and International Trade: A Survey,"
96-07, University of Washington, Department of Economics.
- Long, N.V. & Wong, K.Y., 1996. "Endogenous Growth and International Trade: A Survey," Discussion Papers in Economics at the University of Washington 96-07, Department of Economics at the University of Washington.
- Long, Ngo Van & Wong, Kar-Yiu, 1997. "Endogenous growth and international trade: A survey," Discussion Papers, Series II 337, University of Konstanz, Collaborative Research Centre (SFB) 178 "Internationalization of the Economy".
- Srinivas, Goli, 2014. "Demographic convergence and its linkage with health inequalities in India," MPRA Paper 79823, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 05 Dec 2014.
- Up Lim, 2016. "Regional income club convergence in US BEA economic areas: a spatial switching regression approach," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 56(1), pages 273-294, January.
- Gheorghe Zaman & Zizi Goschin, 2014. "Economic Crisis and Wage Divergence: Empirical Evidence from Romania," Prague Economic Papers, Prague University of Economics and Business, vol. 2014(4), pages 493-513.
- Zizi GOSCHIN, 2017. "Regional development and criminality rate in Romania: insights from a spatial analysis," Romanian Journal of Economics, Institute of National Economy, vol. 44(1(53)), pages 35-44, June.
- Philippe Casin, 2003. "Une analyse structurelle de la σ-convergence. Application aux pays de la zone euro," Économie et Prévision, Programme National Persée, vol. 159(3), pages 39-52.
- Márcio Poletti Laurini, 2017. "A spatial error model with continuous random effects and an application to growth convergence," Journal of Geographical Systems, Springer, vol. 19(4), pages 371-398, October.
- Ghosh, Madhusudan & Ghoshray, Atanu & Malki, Issam, 2013. "Regional divergence and club convergence in India," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 733-742.
- Taylor, Alan M., 1999.
"Sources of convergence in the late nineteenth century,"
European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 43(9), pages 1621-1645, October.
- Alan M. Taylor, 1996. "Sources of Convergence in the Late Nineteenth Century," NBER Working Papers 5806, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:8:y:2016:i:2:p:121:d:63084 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nitin Aroa, 2013. "Testing of Technical Efficiency Catching-up in Indian Sugar Industry: A Longitudinal Analysis of Sugar Producing States," Economic Analysis Working Papers (2002-2010). Atlantic Review of Economics (2011-2016), Colexio de Economistas de A Coruña, Spain and Fundación Una Galicia Moderna, vol. 2, pages 1-1, December.
- Juan Brida & Nicolás Garrido & Francesco Mureddu, 2014.
"Italian economic dualism and convergence clubs at regional level,"
Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 48(1), pages 439-456, January.
- N. Garrido & F. Mureddu, 2011. "Italian economic dualism and convergence clubs at regional level," Working Paper CRENoS 201116, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Hao, Yu & Peng, Hui, 2017. "On the convergence in China's provincial per capita energy consumption: New evidence from a spatial econometric analysis," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 31-43.
- Furceri, Davide, 2005. "[beta] and [sigma]-convergence: A mathematical relation of causality," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 89(2), pages 212-215, November.
- Fang Yang & Shiying Pan & Xin Yao, 2016. "Regional Convergence and Sustainable Development in China," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(2), pages 1-15, January.
- Sousa, Cândido T. & Pereira, Elisabeth T., 2012. "A Contribution to the Empirics of Convergence: the Case of the European State Members," MPRA Paper 62017, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bohl, Martin T., 1999. "Testing the Long-Run Implications of the Neoclassical Stochastic Growth Model: A Panel-Based Unit Root Investigation for West German Lander, 1970-1994," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 155-164, January.
- Miron, Dumitru & Dima, Alina & Paun, Cristian, 2009. "A model for assessing Romania's real convergence based on distances and clusters methods," MPRA Paper 31410, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Fischer, Manfred M. & Stirböck, Claudia, 2005. "Regional Income Convergence in Europe, 1995-2000: A Spatial Econometric Perspective," MPRA Paper 77784, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gerardo Esquivel, 2000. "Geografía y desarrollo económico en México," Research Department Publications 3090, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
More about this item
Keywordssigma and beta convergence; GDP per capita; county; economic crisis; Romania;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jes:journl:y:2017:v:8:p:127-146. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/csjesro.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Alupului Ciprian (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/csjesro.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.