Trends In Income Distribution
In modern society the income distribution is one of the major problems. Usually, it is considered that a severe polarisation in matter of income per capita could have a major negative impact on the general process of economic development. This study is focussing on estimating dynamics of some concentration indicators in Romania for the last period. We are using available data at two levels, namely income distribution by deciles and by regions, respectively (NUTS 2, according to the EU classification). The results show different trends in the two cases. Moreover, the impact of the crisis on the income distribution is evaluated and some conclusions are derived from the study.
Volume (Year): 35 (2012(XXII))
Issue (Month): 2(44) (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Casa Academiei, Calea 13 Septembrie nr.13, sector 5, Bucureşti 761172|
Phone: 004 021 318.24.67
Fax: 004 021 318.24.67
Web page: http://www.ien.ro/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Xavier Sala-i-Martin, 2002.
"The Disturbing "Rise" of Global Income Inequality,"
NBER Working Papers
8904, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Aurel IANCU, 2008.
"Real convergence and integration,"
Review of Economic and Business Studies,
Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, vol. 1, pages 15-28, December.
- Iancu, Aurel, 2009. "Real Convergence and Integration," Working Papers of National Institute of Economic Research 090102, National Institute of Economic Research.
- Quah, Danny T., 1996. "Empirics for economic growth and convergence," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(6), pages 1353-1375, June.
- Albu, Lucian Liviu, 2012. "The Convergence Process in the EU Estimated by Gini Coefficients," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(4), pages 5-16, December.
- Gastwirth, Joseph L, 1972. "The Estimation of the Lorenz Curve and Gini Index," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 54(3), pages 306-16, August.
- Iancu, Aurel, 2010. "Transition, Integration And Convergence - The Case Of Romania -," Working Papers of National Institute of Economic Research 101222, National Institute of Economic Research.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ine:journl:v:2:y:2012:i:44:p:33-44. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Valentina Vasile)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.