Identifying Regional Economic Disparities and Convergence in Romania
Regional convergence is a key objective of cohesion and balanced development at regional level. The existences of regional imbalances do nothing only delay the achievement this objective, requiring the emergence of viable and appropriate measures of the new European context. This article aims to use the appropriate models based on dispersion method (variance) to identify the dynamics and amplitude differences in the level of regional development in European Union and Romania. The results of this research indicate first that the disparities between development regions in Romania have growth more rapidly in recent years, but the EU integration may have enhanced per-capita income convergence processes. These findings may be able to find new tools to reduce income inequalities in next programming period.
Volume (Year): 2 (2012)
Issue (Month): 2 (April)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.scientificpapers.org|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1988. "On the mechanics of economic development," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 3-42, July.
- Zaman, Gheorghe & Georgescu, George, 2009. "Structural Fund Absorption: A New Challenge For Romania?," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 6(1), pages 136-154, March.
- Angel De la Fuente, 2010.
"Testing, not Modelling, the Impact of Cohesion Support: A Theoretical Framework and some Preliminary Results for the Spanish Regions,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
2918, CESifo Group Munich.
- Angel de la Fuente, 2009. "Testing, not modelling, the impact of Cohesion support: a theoretical framework and some preliminary results for the Spanish regions," Working Papers 419, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Angel de la Fuente, 2010. "Testing, not modelling, the impact of Cohesion support: a theoretical framework and some preliminary results for the Spanish regions," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 801.10, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Iancu, Aurel, 2009.
"Real Convergence and Integration,"
Working Papers of National Institute of Economic Research
090102, National Institute of Economic Research.
- Aurel IANCU, 2008. "Real convergence and integration," Review of Economic and Business Studies, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, vol. 1, pages 15-28, December.
- Iancu, Aurel, 2008. "Real Convergence and Integration," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 5(1), pages 27-40, March.
- Robert M. Solow, 1994. "Perspectives on Growth Theory," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 8(1), pages 45-54, Winter.
- Boldrin, Michele & Canova, Fabio, 2003. "Regional Policies and EU Enlargement," CEPR Discussion Papers 3744, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Dirk Pilat & Paul Schreyer, 2001. "Measuring productivity," OECD Economic Studies, OECD Publishing, vol. 2001(2), pages 127-170.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spp:jkmeit:1277. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Adrian Ghencea)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.