Structural Convergence in European Union
Estimating structural convergence is a relatively recent topic in specialised literature. Based on the Solow theory of economic growth by stages and on empirical data for European Union we estimated a model to simulate structural changes. Using a set of selected indicators, we analyse the convergence process in the period 2000-2011 at the EU level (EU-27), but also inside of Eastern group of countries (EU-10) and inside of Western group of countries (EU-15). As general conclusion, at the EU level a general tendency of structural convergence was demonstrated. However, between the two groups of countries, there were some different trends in matter of structural convergence.
Volume (Year): 4II (2012)
Issue (Month): (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: 004 0253 211062
Web page: http://www.utgjiu.ro/fse_new/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Yin, Ling & K. Zestos, George, 2003. "Economic Convergence in the European Union," Journal of Economic Integration, Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University, vol. 18, pages 188-213.
- Beetsma, Roel M. W. J. & Jensen, Henrik, 2003.
"Structural convergence under reversible and irreversible monetary unification,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 417-439, June.
- Roel M.W.J. Beetsma & Henrik Jensen, . "Structural Convergence under Reversible and Irreversible Monetary Unification," EPRU Working Paper Series 99-06, Economic Policy Research Unit (EPRU), University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Beetsma, Roel & Jensen, Henrik, 1999. "Structural Convergence Under Reversible and Irreversible Monetary Unification," CEPR Discussion Papers 2116, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Nuno Crespo & Maria Paula Fontoura, 2007.
"Integration of CEECs into EU Market: Structural Change and Convergence,"
Journal of Common Market Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45, pages 611-632, 09.
- Maria Paula Fontoura & Nuno Crespo, 2004. "Integration of CEECs into EU Markets: Structural Change and Convergence," Working Papers Department of Economics 2004/15, ISEG - School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, University of Lisbon.
- Albu, Lucian Liviu, 2012. "The Convergence Process in the EU Estimated by Gini Coefficients," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(4), pages 5-16, December.
- Palan, Nicole & Schmiedeberg, Claudia, 2010.
"Structural convergence of European countries,"
Structural Change and Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 85-100, May.
- Höhenberger, Nicole & Schmiedeberg, Claudia, 2008. "Structural convergence of European countries," Center for European, Governance and Economic Development Research Discussion Papers 75, University of Goettingen, Department of Economics.
- Iancu, Aurel, 2009.
"Real Convergence and Integration,"
Working Papers of National Institute of Economic Research
090102, National Institute of Economic Research.
- Aurel IANCU, 2008. "Real convergence and integration," Review of Economic and Business Studies, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, vol. 1, pages 15-28, December.
- Iancu, Aurel, 2008. "Real Convergence and Integration," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 5(1), pages 27-40, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cbu:jrnlec:y:2012:v:4ii:p:1-10. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ecobici Nicolae)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.