Gender quotas on boards of directors
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Nina Smith & Valdemar Smith & Mette Verner, 2005.
"Do Women in Top Management Affect Firm Performance? A Panel Study of 2500 Danish Firms,"
CIE Discussion Papers
2005-03, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics. Centre for Industrial Economics.
- Smith, Nina & Smith, Valdemar & Verner, Mette, 2006. "Do Women in Top Management Affect Firm Performance? A Panel Study of 2500 Danish Firms," MPRA Paper 78715, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Smith, Nina & Smith, Valdemar & Verner, Mette, 2005. "Do Women in Top Management Affect Firm Performance? A Panel Study of 2500 Danish Firms," IZA Discussion Papers 1708, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- David A. Matsa & Amalia R. Miller, 2013. "A Female Style in Corporate Leadership? Evidence from Quotas," American Economic Journal: Applied Economics, American Economic Association, vol. 5(3), pages 136-169, July.
- Bøhren, Øyvind & Staubo, Siv, 2014. "Does mandatory gender balance work? Changing organizational form to avoid board upheaval," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 152-168.
- Adams, Renée B. & Ferreira, Daniel, 2009.
"Women in the boardroom and their impact on governance and performance,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 94(2), pages 291-309, November.
- Adams, Renée B. & Ferreira, Daniel, 2008. "Women in the Boardroom and Their Impact on Governance and Performance," CEI Working Paper Series 2008-7, Center for Economic Institutions, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Kenneth R. Ahern & Amy K. Dittmar, 2012. "The Changing of the Boards: The Impact on Firm Valuation of Mandated Female Board Representation," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 127(1), pages 137-197.
- Ferrari, Giulia & Ferraro, Valeria & Profeta, Paola & Pronzato, Chiara D., 2018. "Do Board Gender Quotas Matter? Selection, Performance and Stock Market Effects," IZA Discussion Papers 11462, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- repec:kap:jbuset:v:147:y:2018:i:2:d:10.1007_s10551-015-2974-9 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:ces:ifodic:v:12:y:2014:i:2:p:19116215 is not listed on IDEAS
- Rebérioux, Antoine & Roudaut, Gwenael, 2016.
"Gender Quota inside the Boardroom: Female Directors as New Key Players?,"
CEPREMAP Working Papers (Docweb)
- Antoine Rebérioux & Gwenaël Roudaut, 2016. "Gender Quota inside the Boardroom: Female Directors as New Key Players?," Working Papers hal-01297884, HAL.
- Parrotta, Pierpaolo & Smith, Nina, 2013. "Why So Few Women on Boards of Directors? Empirical Evidence from Danish Companies 1997-2007," IZA Discussion Papers 7678, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Maida, Agata & Weber, Andrea, 2019.
"Female Leadership and Gender Gap within Firms: Evidence from an Italian Board Reform,"
IZA Discussion Papers
12099, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Maida, Agata & Weber, Andrea, 2019. "Female Leadership and Gender Gap within Firms: Evidence from an Italian Board Reform," CEPR Discussion Papers 13476, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Alexandra Fedorets & Anna Gibert & Norma Burow, 2019. "Gender Quotas in the Boardroom: New Evidence from Germany," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1810, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- repec:ces:ifodic:v:12:y:2014:i:02:p:42-48 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:jfinec:v:127:y:2018:i:3:p:588-612 is not listed on IDEAS
- Simona, Comi & Mara, Grasseni & Federica, Origo & Laura, Pagani, 2017. "Where Women Make The Difference. The Effects of Corporate Board Gender Quotas on Firmsâ€™ Performance across Europe," Working Papers 367, University of Milano-Bicocca, Department of Economics, revised 12 Jul 2017.
- Antoine Rebérioux & Gwenael Roudaut, 2017. "Gender Quota and Inequalities inside the Boardroom," Working Papers hal-01618949, HAL.
- repec:eee:empfin:v:48:y:2018:i:c:p:236-254 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ferretti, Fabrizio & Mariani, Michele, 2017. "Gender Discrimination, Gender Disparities in Obesity and Human Development," MPRA Paper 77728, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
Keywordsgender quotas; boards of directors; firm performance;
- G34 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Mergers; Acquisitions; Restructuring; Corporate Governance
- J16 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Gender; Non-labor Discrimination
- L25 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Performance
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izawol:journl:y:2014:n:7. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bloomsbury Information Ltd). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.