Opinion Leaders in Real Estate Markets
The purpose of this research paper is to examine the influence of opinion leaders in real estate markets. First, we provide a literature review of opinion leaders and real estate markets in India. Secondly, the variables that influence the opinion leaders are established and their measurement is well defined. Thirdly, a survey has been conducted by using a self-administered questionnaire, which was sent to 234 individuals who are responsible for handling real estate firms. The research model is empirically tested in a sample of 128 respondents by using a chi-square analysis. This study finds that opinion leaders in real estate markets possess significantly higher levels in exposure to media sources, social involvement, product knowledge, innovativeness, and computer usage than non-leaders. Opinion leaders also possess a higher degree of social networking and have used the internet more frequently for longer sessions than non-leaders. Finally, we identify the key implications, conclude the research finding and explore potential avenues for future research.
Volume (Year): 14 (2011)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.asres.org/
|Order Information:|| Postal: Asian Real Estate Society, 51 Monroe Street, Plaza E-6, Rockville, MD 20850, USA|
Web: http://www.asres.org/ Email:
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Beatty, Sharon E & Smith, Scott M, 1987. " External Search Effort: An Investigation across Several Product Categories," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 14(1), pages 83-95, June.
- Moore, William L & Lehmann, Donald R, 1980. " Individual Differences in Search Behavior for a Nondurable," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 7(3), pages 296-307, December.
- Celsi, Richard L. & Chow, Simeon & Olson, Jerry C. & Walker, Beth A., 1992. "The construct validity of intrinsic sources of personal relevance: An intra-individual source of felt involvement," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 165-185, September.
- Gatignon, Hubert & Robertson, Thomas S, 1985. " A Propositional Inventory for New Diffusion Research," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 11(4), pages 849-67, March.
- Klein, Lisa R., 1998. "Evaluating the Potential of Interactive Media through a New Lens: Search versus Experience Goods," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 195-203, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ire:issued:v:14:n:03:2011:p:354-373. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (IRER Graduate Assistant/Webmaster)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.