Revenue Elasticity of the Main federal Taxes in Mexico
An inelastic tax system increases the uncertainty associated with tax revenue collection. This results in continuous short-term adjustments to maintain the stability of tax collection. In this paper, we estimate the revenue elasticity of the principal taxes in Mexico, finding a much greater elasticity than that found in previous studies. A cointegration model between the revenue and taxes is used which satisfies strong exogeneity, providing a basis for congruent and reliable projections. Using this model, the tax revenue projected for 2011 is much lower than the estimates prepared by Mexico’s federal government.
Volume (Year): 48 (2011)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Avda. Vicuña Mackenna 4860, Macul, Santiago|
Phone: (562) 354-4303
Fax: (562) 553-1664
Web page: http://www.economia.uc.cl
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:3:y:2008:i:61:p:1-14 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gómez, Manuel & Ventosa-Santaulària, Daniel, 2010.
"Testing for a Deterministic Trend when there is Evidence of Unit-Root,"
58780, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ventosa-Santaulària Daniel & Gómez-Zaldívar Manuel, 2011. "Testing for a Deterministic Trend When There is Evidence of Unit Root," Journal of Time Series Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 2(2), pages 1-26, January.
- Manuel Gomez & Daniel Ventosa-Santaularia, 2008. "Testing for a Deterministic Trend when there is Evidence of Unit-Root," Department of Economics and Finance Working Papers EM200801, Universidad de Guanajuato, Department of Economics and Finance, revised Jun 2010.
- Daniel Ventosa-Santaulària & José Eduardo Vera-Valdés, 2008. "Granger-Causality in the presence of structural breaks," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 3(61), pages 1-14.
- Cárdenas, Óscar & Ventosa-Santaulària, Daniel & Gómez, Manuel, 2008. "Elasticidad ingreso de los impuestos federales en México. Efectos en la recaudación federal participable," El Trimestre Económico, Fondo de Cultura Económica, vol. 0(298), pages 519-531, abril-jun.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ioe:cuadec:v:48:y:2011:i:1:p:89-111. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jaime Casassus)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.