El Prestamista de Última Instancia en la Nueva Industria Bancaria
Since the mid-1970s, the banking industry has been changing rapidly, but our analysis of its regulation has been lagging. Leaving aside the sterile discussion about the intrinsic instability of the industry, today its regulation aims at preventing systemi
Volume (Year): 40 (2003)
Issue (Month): 120 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Avda. Vicuña Mackenna 4860, Macul, Santiago|
Phone: (562) 354-4303
Fax: (562) 553-1664
Web page: http://www.economia.uc.cl
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gerardo Della Paolera & Alan M. Taylor, 2003.
"Gaucho Banking Redux,"
ECONOMIA JOURNAL OF THE LATIN AMERICAN AND CARIBBEAN ECONOMIC ASSOCIATION,
ECONOMIA JOURNAL OF THE LATIN AMERICAN AND CARIBBEAN ECONOMIC ASSOCIATION, vol. 0(Spring 20), pages 1-42, January.
- Jean-Pierre Zigrand & Jon Danielsson, 2001.
"What happens when you regulate risk?: evidence from a simple equilibrium model,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
25069, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Jean-Pierre Zigrand & Jon Danielsson, 2001. "What Happens When You Regulate Risk? Evidence from a Simple Equilibrium Model," FMG Discussion Papers dp393, Financial Markets Group.
- Curzio Giannini & Carlo Cottarelli, 2002. "Bedfellows, Hostages, or Perfect Strangers? Global Capital Markets and the Catalytic Effect of IMF Crisis Lending," IMF Working Papers 02/193, International Monetary Fund.
- Danielsson, Jon, 2002.
"The emperor has no clothes: Limits to risk modelling,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 26(7), pages 1273-1296, July.
- Jon Danielsson, 2000. "The Emperor has no Clothes: Limits to Risk Modelling," FMG Special Papers sp126, Financial Markets Group.
- Jón Daníelson, 2003. "On the Feasibility of Risk Based Regulation," CESifo Economic Studies, CESifo, vol. 49(2), pages 157-179.
- Stephen Morris & Hyun Song Shin, 2004.
"Catalytic Finance: When Does It Work?,"
Yale School of Management Working Papers
ysm339, Yale School of Management.
- Douglas W. Diamond & Philip H. Dybvig, 2000.
"Bank runs, deposit insurance, and liquidity,"
Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Win, pages 14-23.
- Hoggarth, Glenn & Reis, Ricardo & Saporta, Victoria, 2002.
"Costs of banking system instability: Some empirical evidence,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 825-855, May.
- Glenn Hoggarth & Ricardo Reis & Victoria Saporta, 2001. "Costs of banking system instability: some empirical evidence," Bank of England working papers 144, Bank of England.
- Stephen Morris & Hyun Song Shin, 2000.
"Global Games: Theory and Applications,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
1275R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University, revised Aug 2001.
- Stephen Morris & Hyun Song Shin, 2000. "Global Games: Theory and Applications," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1275, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Stephen Morris & Hyun S Shin, 2001. "Global Games: Theory and Applications," Levine's Working Paper Archive 122247000000001080, David K. Levine.
- Michael J. Fleming & Kenneth D. Garbade, 2002. "When the back office moved to the front burner: settlement fails in the treasury market after 9/11," Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Nov, pages 35-57.
- Anil K. Kashyap, 2002.
"Sorting Out Japan's Financial Crisis,"
NBER Working Papers
9384, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jason Bram & James A. Orr & Carol Rapaport, 2002. "Measuring the effects of the September 11 attack on New York City," Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Nov, pages 5-20.
- Edgardo Barandiarán, 2000. "Chile Después del Peso: Viviendo con el Dólar," Latin American Journal of Economics-formerly Cuadernos de Economía, Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 37(110), pages 241-267.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ioe:cuadec:v:40:y:2003:i:120:p:337-358. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jaime Casassus)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.