Organizing and the Process of Sensemaking
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Max Boisot & John Child, 1999. "Organizations as Adaptive Systems in Complex Environments: The Case of China," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 10(3), pages 237-252, June.
- Hervé Laroche, 1995. "From Decision to Action in Organizations: Decision-Making as a Social Representation," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 6(1), pages 62-75, February.
- Haridimos Tsoukas & Robert Chia, 2002. "On Organizational Becoming: Rethinking Organizational Change," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 13(5), pages 567-582, October.
- Dennis A. Gioia & James B. Thomas & Shawn M. Clark & Kumar Chittipeddi, 1994. "Symbolism and Strategic Change in Academia: The Dynamics of Sensemaking and Influence," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 5(3), pages 363-383, August.
- James Douglas Orton, 2000. "Enactment, Sensemaking and Decision Making: Redesign Processes in the 1976 Reorganization of US Intelligence," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 37(2), pages 213-234, March.
- Gerardo Patriotta, 2003. "Sensemaking on the Shop Floor: Narratives of Knowledge in Organizations," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(2), pages 349-375, March.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Mary Ann Glynn & Lee Watkiss, 2020. "Of Organizing and Sensemaking: From Action to Meaning and Back Again in a Half‐Century of Weick’s Theorizing," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 57(7), pages 1331-1354, November.
- Florence Allard-Poesi, 1998. "Representations And Influence Processes In Groups: Towards A Socio-Cognitive Perspective On Cognition In Organization," Post-Print hal-01490579, HAL.
- Haridimos Tsoukas & Gerardo Patriotta & Kathleen M. Sutcliffe & Sally Maitlis, 2020. "On the way to Ithaka: Commemorating the 50th Anniversary of the Publication of Karl E. Weick’s The Social Psychology of Organizing," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 57(7), pages 1315-1330, November.
- Brice Dattée & James Barlow, 2017. "Multilevel Organizational Adaptation: Scale Invariance in the Scottish Healthcare System," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 28(2), pages 301-319, April.
- Nora Meziani & Laure Cabantous, 2020. "Acting Intuition into Sense: How Film Crews Make Sense with Embodied Ways of Knowing," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 57(7), pages 1384-1419, November.
- Florence Allard-Poesi, 2005. "The Paradox of Sensemaking in Organizational Analysis," Post-Print hal-01251211, HAL.
- Devereux, Luke & Melewar, T.C. & Dinnie, Keith & Lange, Thomas, 2020. "Corporate identity orientation and disorientation: A complexity theory perspective," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 109(C), pages 413-424.
- Paul Spee & Paula Jarzabkowski, 2017. "Agreeing on What? Creating Joint Accounts of Strategic Change," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 28(1), pages 152-176, February.
- Elisabeth Naima Mikkelsen & Barbara Gray & Anne Petersen, 2020. "Unconscious Processes of Organizing: Intergroup Conflict in Mental Health Care," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 57(7), pages 1355-1383, November.
- Shahzad Khurram & Sandra Charreire Petit, 2017. "Investigating the Dynamics of Stakeholder Salience: What Happens When the Institutional Change Process Unfolds?," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 143(3), pages 485-515, July.
- Jarratt, Denise & Ceric, Arnela, 2015. "The complexity of trust in business collaborations," Australasian marketing journal, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 2-12.
- Caner Bakir, 2017. "How can interactions among interdependent structures, institutions, and agents inform financial stability? What we have still to learn from global financial crisis," Policy Sciences, Springer;Society of Policy Sciences, vol. 50(2), pages 217-239, June.
- Beth A. Bechky, 2006. "Gaffers, Gofers, and Grips: Role-Based Coordination in Temporary Organizations," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 17(1), pages 3-21, February.
- Dragos Vieru & Pierre-Emmanuel Arduin, 2016. "Sharing Knowledge in a Shared Services Center Context: An Explanatory Case Study of the Dialectics of Formal and Informal Practices," Post-Print hal-01458031, HAL.
- Domagoj Hru?ka, 0000. "Leading with Purpose: Framework for Recontextualizing Organizations Through Metaphors," Proceedings of International Academic Conferences 11313240, International Institute of Social and Economic Sciences.
- Daniel Hjorth & Bengt Johannisson, 2008. "Building new roads for entrepreneurship research to travel by: on the work of William B. Gartner," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 31(4), pages 341-350, December.
- Alexis Laszczuk & Lionel Garreau & Bernard de Montmorillon, 2017. "Understanding emergence in business model development: how companies interact with stakeholders to deal with environmental ambiguity," Post-Print hal-01787276, HAL.
- Dean A. Shepherd & Jeffery S. Mcmullen & William Ocasio, 2017. "Is that an opportunity? An attention model of top managers' opportunity beliefs for strategic action," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(3), pages 626-644, March.
- Orlikowski, W. J. & Scott, Susan V., 2015. "Exploring material-discursive practices," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 57600, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Fu-Sheng Tsai & Gayle Baugh & Shih-Chieh Fang & Julia Lin, 2014. "Contingent contingency: Knowledge heterogeneity and new product development performance revisited," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 31(1), pages 149-169, March.
More about this item
Keywordssensemaking; interpreting; articulation; identity; power;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ororsc:v:16:y:2005:i:4:p:409-421. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Matthew Walls). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.