Social Contagion and Information Technology Diffusion: The Adoption of Electronic Medical Records in U.S. Hospitals
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Robert G. Fichman & Chris F. Kemerer, 1997. "The Assimilation of Software Process Innovations: An Organizational Learning Perspective," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 43(10), pages 1345-1363, October.
- BarNir, Anat & Gallaugher, John M. & Auger, Pat, 2003. "Business process digitization, strategy, and the impact of firm age and size: the case of the magazine publishing industry," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 18(6), pages 789-814, November.
- Breschi, Stefano & Lissoni, Francesco, 2001.
"Knowledge Spillovers and Local Innovation Systems: A Critical Survey,"
Industrial and Corporate Change,
Oxford University Press, vol. 10(4), pages 975-1005, December.
- Breschi, Stefano & Lissoni, Francesco, 2000. "Knowledge Spillovers And Local Innovation Systems: A Critical Survey," ERSA conference papers ersa00p362, European Regional Science Association.
- Stefano Breschi & Francesco Lissoni, 2001. "Knowledge spillovers and local innovation systems: a critical survey," LIUC Papers in Economics 84, Cattaneo University (LIUC).
- Christophe Van den Bulte & Stefan Stremersch, 2004. "Social Contagion and Income Heterogeneity in New Product Diffusion: A Meta-Analytic Test," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 23(4), pages 530-544, July.
- Amalia R. Miller & Catherine Tucker, 2009.
"Privacy Protection and Technology Diffusion: The Case of Electronic Medical Records,"
INFORMS, vol. 55(7), pages 1077-1093, July.
- Catherine Tucker & Amalia Miller, 2007. "Privacy Protection and Technology Diffusion: The Case of Electronic Medical Records," Working Papers 07-16, NET Institute, revised Sep 2007.
- Gautam Gowrisankaran & Joanna Stavins, 2004.
"Network Externalities and Technology Adoption: Lessons from Electronic Payments,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 35(2), pages 260-276, Summer.
- Gautam Gowrisankaran & Joanna Stavins, 1999. "Network externalities and technology adoption: lessons from electronic payments," Working Papers 99-5, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Gautam Gowrisankaran & Joanna Stavins, 2002. "Network externalities and technology adoption: lessons from electronic payments," Working Paper Series 2002-16, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Gautam Gowrisankaran & Joanna Stavins, 2002. "Network Externalities and Technology Adoption: Lessons from Electronic Payments," NBER Working Papers 8943, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert D. Dewar & Jane E. Dutton, 1986. "The Adoption of Radical and Incremental Innovations: An Empirical Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 32(11), pages 1422-1433, November.
- E. Burton Swanson, 1994. "Information Systems Innovation Among Organizations," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 40(9), pages 1069-1092, September.
- Thomas Doring & Jan Schnellenbach, 2006.
"What do we know about geographical knowledge spillovers and regional growth?: A survey of the literature,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(3), pages 375-395.
- Döring, Thomas & Schnellenbach, Jan, 2004. "What Do We Know About Geographical Knowledge Spillovers and Regional Growth? A Survey of the Literature," Research Notes 14, Deutsche Bank Research.
- Marion Debruyne & David J. Reibstein, 2005. "Competitor See, Competitor Do: Incumbent Entry in New Market Niches," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 24(1), pages 55-66, December.
- Erik Brynjolfsson & Lorin M. Hitt, 2000. "Beyond Computation: Information Technology, Organizational Transformation and Business Performance," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 14(4), pages 23-48, Fall.
- Gary P. Pisano & Richard M.J. Bohmer & Amy C. Edmondson, 2001. "Organizational Differences in Rates of Learning: Evidence from the Adoption of Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 47(6), pages 752-768, June.
- Elena Huergo & Jordi Jaumandreu, 2004. "How Does Probability of Innovation Change with Firm Age?," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 22(3_4), pages 193-207, April.
- van den Bulte, C. & Stremersch, S., 2003. "Contagion and heterogeneity in new product diffusion: An emperical test," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2003-077-MKT, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Davide Secchi & Nicole L. Gullekson, 2016. "Individual and organizational conditions for the emergence and evolution of bandwagons," Computational and Mathematical Organization Theory, Springer, vol. 22(1), pages 88-133, March.
- Cano-Rodríguez, Manuel & Márquez-Illescas, Gilberto & Núñez-Níckel, Manuel, 2017. "Experts or rivals: Mimicry and voluntary disclosure," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 46-54.
- Fareed, Naleef & Bazzoli, Gloria J. & Farnsworth Mick, Stephen S. & Harless, David W., 2015. "The influence of institutional pressures on hospital electronic health record presence," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 133(C), pages 28-35.
- Karine Lamiraud & Stephane Lhuillery, 2016.
"Endogenous Technology Adoption and Medical Costs,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 25(9), pages 1123-1147, September.
- Karine Lamiraud & Stéphane Lhuillery, 2015. "Endogenous Technology Adoption and Medical Costs," Working Papers hal-01218064, HAL.
- Lamiraud, Karine & Lhuillery, Stephane, 2015. "Endogenous Technology Adoption and Medical Costs," ESSEC Working Papers WP1518, ESSEC Research Center, ESSEC Business School.
- Karine Lamiraud & Stéphane Lhuillery, 2016. "Endogenous Technology Adoption and Medical Costs," Post-Print hal-01512885, HAL.
- repec:eee:jbrese:v:85:y:2018:i:c:p:23-31 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fabrizio, Kira R. & Hawn, Olga, 2013. "Enabling diffusion: How complementary inputs moderate the response to environmental policy," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(5), pages 1099-1111.
- Jay J. Shen & Charles B. Moseley, 2012. "Organisational factors associated with adoption of comprehensive and basic electronic-record systems in US hospitals," International Journal of Public Policy, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 8(1/2/3), pages 92-105.
- repec:kap:atlecj:v:45:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s11293-017-9557-3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ben-Assuli, Ofir, 2015. "Electronic health records, adoption, quality of care, legal and privacy issues and their implementation in emergency departments," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 119(3), pages 287-297.
- repec:bla:srbeha:v:34:y:2017:i:1:p:51-61 is not listed on IDEAS
- Liangjie Zhao & Wenqi Duan, 2014. "Simulating the Evolution of Market Shares: The Effects of Customer Learning and Local Network Externalities," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 43(1), pages 53-70, January.
- Carole Roan Gresenz & Scott P. Laughery & Amalia Miller & Catherine E Tucker, 2015. "Health IT and Ambulatory Care Quality," Working Papers WR-1131, RAND Corporation.
- van den Oever, Koen, 2017. "Uncharted waters : A behavioral approach to when, why and which organizational changes are adopted," Other publications TiSEM 0136c8c2-ecdd-4f82-8ca7-d, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- repec:spr:infosf:v:17:y:2015:i:5:d:10.1007_s10796-014-9497-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:enr:rpaper:0013 is not listed on IDEAS
- Thomas Koslowski & Jens Strüker, 2011. "ERP On Demand Platform," Business & Information Systems Engineering: The International Journal of WIRTSCHAFTSINFORMATIK, Springer;Gesellschaft für Informatik e.V. (GI), vol. 3(6), pages 359-367, December.
More about this item
Keywordselectronic medical record; diffusion; social contagion; propensity; susceptibility; infectiousness; spatial and social proximity;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormnsc:v:56:y:2010:i:8:p:1219-1241. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.